Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Who's building with Clarendon??

Page 899 of 929
Salfield
DandLBuild
buildinsydney
Hi

For Madison 35 - I want to have air conditioning upgraded to have 6 zones. I assume I should ask for an inverter system. I have been reading some post about Fujitsu systems offered by clarendon. Has anyone upgraded the a/c and can share the cost estimate. I am looking to have 6 zones. Anyone who has gone through this.?

Hi buildinsydney, these were the costs we were offered. Some people on this forum for the Fujitsu for around $300 less, but i was told this was during a period where Fujitsu has a promotion on.

We got the Fujitsu 20 + My Air + One additional zone for $5,987 (they will give a discount for getting multiple things)

Fujitsu 20$ 3,688
Daikan 18$ 5,230
Daikan 20$ 6,312
Additional Zones (no MyAir)$ 465
MyAir (comes with 6 zones)$ 2,208
Additional MyAir zones$ 200

G’day. Can I ask if these figures are on top of the ducted provided in the live it up promotion.

Standard provided in the Saphhire "Summer of Free" promotion for the Fairmont 41 (and for what i assume similar sized double story homes) is a Temperzone 19.6kw Non inverter with 2 zones- Upstairs and Downstairs.

Prices above are in addition to what is in the contract. I assume the Summer of Free and Live it up promotions would be very similar.
G’day. Can I ask if these figures are on top of the ducted provided in the live it up promotion.[/quote]
Standard provided in the Saphhire "Summer of Free" promotion for the Fairmont 41 (and for what i assume similar sized double story homes) is a Temperzone 19.6kw Non inverter with 2 zones- Upstairs and Downstairs.

Prices above are in addition to what is in the contract. I assume the Summer of Free and Live it up promotions would be very similar.[/quote]

Thank you. We are doing the Boston 36 and the live it up is indeed the one you have stated. Upstairs and down stairs is useless as far as we are concerned as we have been told you can’t run both zones at the same time. Looks like an upgrade or just get the ducting put in and look elsewhere.
Salfield
G’day. Can I ask if these figures are on top of the ducted provided in the live it up promotion.

Prices above are in addition to what is in the contract. I assume the Summer of Free and Live it up promotions would be very similar.[/quote]

Thank you. We are doing the Boston 36 and the live it up is indeed the one you have stated. Upstairs and down stairs is useless as far as we are concerned as we have been told you can’t run both zones at the same time. Looks like an upgrade or just get the ducting put in and look elsewhere.[/quote]

It's highly unlikely that you will need to cool/heat the entire house at once. At most it will be some areas downstairs and some upstairs. To achieve this you just need to ensure you have enough zones to accommodate it. If you choose the MyAir upgrade it usually has zones to all areas for you so then you can choose how you want to mix it.
buildinsydney
Hi
For Madison 35 - Has anyone done a bamboo flooring for the top floor? Any cost indication? Will clarendon give me credit for the carpet on top floor?

Hi, we are doing flooring after handover and were given following credits:

Credit for carpet (~180m2): $4,500
Credit for tiles (~90m2): $5,500
vincent2166
Salfield

Prices above are in addition to what is in the contract. I assume the Summer of Free and Live it up promotions would be very similar.

Thank you. We are doing the Boston 36 and the live it up is indeed the one you have stated. Upstairs and down stairs is useless as far as we are concerned as we have been told you can’t run both zones at the same time. Looks like an upgrade or just get the ducting put in and look elsewhere.[/quote]

It's highly unlikely that you will need to cool/heat the entire house at once. At most it will be some areas downstairs and some upstairs. To achieve this you just need to ensure you have enough zones to accommodate it. If you choose the MyAir upgrade it usually has zones to all areas for you so then you can choose how you want to mix it.[/quote]
Cheers Vince. Yeah that’s what we want. I just wasn’t sure if they provided one had enough power to do a few zones. I’m a shift worker so I just want to be able have our bedroom on and downstairs living say for the family. Sounds like the my air might be the go.
Salfield
vincent2166
Salfield

Thank you. We are doing the Boston 36 and the live it up is indeed the one you have stated. Upstairs and down stairs is useless as far as we are concerned as we have been told you can’t run both zones at the same time. Looks like an upgrade or just get the ducting put in and look elsewhere.

It's highly unlikely that you will need to cool/heat the entire house at once. At most it will be some areas downstairs and some upstairs. To achieve this you just need to ensure you have enough zones to accommodate it. If you choose the MyAir upgrade it usually has zones to all areas for you so then you can choose how you want to mix it.[/quote]
Cheers Vince. Yeah that’s what we want. I just wasn’t sure if they provided one had enough power to do a few zones. I’m a shift worker so I just want to be able have our bedroom on and downstairs living say for the family. Sounds like the my air might be the go.[/quote]

Just be aware that with the way the ducted AC works, you have to have a minimum number of outlets on when it's operating. This means that you will not be able to simply have just the master bedroom on or theatre.
Cheers Vince. Yeah that’s what we want. I just wasn’t sure if they provided one had enough power to do a few zones. I’m a shift worker so I just want to be able have our bedroom on and downstairs living say for the family. Sounds like the my air might be the go.[/quote]

Just be aware that with the way the ducted AC works, you have to have a minimum number of outlets on when it's operating. This means that you will not be able to simply have just the master bedroom on or theatre.[/quote]
No worries thanks mate. We will need to come up with a plan for where we want individual zones. 🍺
Anyone had any problems with Clarendon refusing to provide a breakdown of certain cost items in their contract? What did you do?

We have an item which provides for the shifting of our laundry and home theatre and a reduction of sizes etc. Clarendon is now refusing to provide us with a breakdown of the items even though we are paying $4k for having the rooms swapped.
Buildingourfirstnest
Anyone had any problems with Clarendon refusing to provide a breakdown of certain cost items in their contract? What did you do?

We have an item which provides for the shifting of our laundry and home theatre and a reduction of sizes etc. Clarendon is now refusing to provide us with a breakdown of the items even though we are paying $4k for having the rooms swapped.

I’d like to know this as well. We want breakdowns for most things.
×BuildingourfirstnestAnyone had any problems with Clarendon refusing to provide a breakdown of certain cost items in their contract? What did you do?

Not sure what kind of breakdown you are after.

Normally, Clarendon only stated : reduce laundry, increase wip = $1K, something like that and I dont have problem with that.

Unless you are looking for material cost breakdown to have it reduce laundry and increase wip.
Buildingourfirstnest

You will get minimal credits back for anything you're deleting and then they'll charge you for anything extra plus 25% profit margin. If simply swapping rooms and moving walls around I would think $4k is a bit much but all depends what you're actually doing.

At the end of the day if you're not happy with the price they are giving you then keep pushing or at least get clarity on where all the cost is coming from and push again if it doesn't seem right or make sense...

Good luck!

Thanks all - the below is what I'm talking about. It looks like they are adding a lot of items, but really it's just to shift the laundry from the right side of the house to the left, and splitting the theatre room in half for the WIP and laundry. Things like "provide living" or "provide meals" were always there in the plan.

Clarendon removed my kitchen cabinets (the kitchen is an L shape and I only have an "I" shape now), and told me that this was to be dealt with at the kitchen appointment. They now are saying, look at item 58, it says "reducing benchspace to suit", which means credit was already given for the removed benchspace, upper and lower cabinets. I know what the contract says, but what I want is just a breakdown of each bulleted item so that I can see why it is costing me $4k to swap rooms around when I'm actually reducing the size of the theatre, the linen, the kitchen, etc.

I am now paying $2k to re-add the same (actually shorter length of) upper and lower cabinets and benchspace, which is I find is ridiculous.

Anyone received water bills from water provider (ours is Sydney Water) during construction? Just got one today - $56 for period of 5 months (fixed charges, water service adjustment and usage charges).
i will not even look at a 50$ bill lol.but anyway, i think we did as well.
JK27
wingzee
For all of you that noticed such “disrepancies” - did you found out via your building inspectors?

Our pre-lining will be completed in another 4 weeks or so and just trying to avoid such outcomes.

We picked up on alot of discrepancies ourselves, especially the things that were specific to us, as in things we had chosen during our selection process (like the additional niche in the powder room shower, the WIP door placed to the right rather than centre).

The Private Inspectors not only picked up on the same things, BUT on so many things we never would have even thought to look at (he found 1 chipped roof tile, flashing missing from 1 window, mortar larger than the australian standard and took photos of it with a ruler, creaking floors), so many other things - things that can be fixed, but things that to the untrained eye, seem fine, are infact not ok.

We would pay for private inspectors three times over, especially for this level of outlay - it is most definitely money well spent.

How much did the private inspector cost?
SnowLeopard
JK27
wingzee
For all of you that noticed such “disrepancies” - did you found out via your building inspectors?

Our pre-lining will be completed in another 4 weeks or so and just trying to avoid such outcomes.

We picked up on alot of discrepancies ourselves, especially the things that were specific to us, as in things we had chosen during our selection process (like the additional niche in the powder room shower, the WIP door placed to the right rather than centre).

The Private Inspectors not only picked up on the same things, BUT on so many things we never would have even thought to look at (he found 1 chipped roof tile, flashing missing from 1 window, mortar larger than the australian standard and took photos of it with a ruler, creaking floors), so many other things - things that can be fixed, but things that to the untrained eye, seem fine, are infact not ok.

We would pay for private inspectors three times over, especially for this level of outlay - it is most definitely money well spent.

How much did the private inspector cost?

from memory, it was about $2500 - but we upgraded from the standard 4 inspections, to add one more for waterproofing.

They've picked up stuff that there is no way in the world we would have - but it's also made us more vigilant in what we're now looking at.
Did anyone actually have a "Pre-Tiling" meeting with the Tiler from Tile Direct??

Our tiling is due to start next week, and I spoke to Tile Direct yesterday and they said they do not do that anymore, even though Clarendon have advised me, several times, it would happen.

I asked Tile Direct if that meant there would be no problems with my tiles (given what I've read via this forum), and standard response - nothing to worry about, he's got all the paperwork!!!
JK27
Did anyone actually have a "Pre-Tiling" meeting with the Tiler from Tile Direct??

Our tiling is due to start next week, and I spoke to Tile Direct yesterday and they said they do not do that anymore, even though Clarendon have advised me, several times, it would happen.

I asked Tile Direct if that meant there would be no problems with my tiles (given what I've read via this forum), and standard response - nothing to worry about, he's got all the paperwork!!!

Hi JK,

I did not have a pre tiling meeting. And no issues to report.

Cheers,
K.

JK27

There is nothing such pre tiling meeting.

But, you can go there on Saturday morning and meet their consultant for a quick advise with no pricing.
Hi guys,

We are building the Killara 28 with a gazillion changes to every part. Bought land separately.

So we've gone to the bank with our tender to get a valuation done in order to see if the bank can service our construction loan.

The Valuers came back say they need the building plans to do a valuation, and we are only at the tender stage and refuse to put $5000 for a contract and building plans if the bank may potentially not be able to service our loan.

What has everyone else done???

Is it normal for people to risk it all, place hefty deposits down, in the hope the bank will lend them the amount required? And then what if the bank can't lend the amount? You lose $5000 plus some percentage written on the contract?

I'm a little lost on this one. It's a big gamble that I am not willing to take.

And without the building plans, valuation can't be done and if we can't get the home and land valued together, we cannot get a construction loan. Absurd!

Any insight?
Related
1/10/2023
Clarendon Boston or Saratoga

General Discussion

the stair balustrades? There is nothing special about these and I imagine literally every stair installer will be able to do this.

22/12/2023
Clarendon Eaves and Guttering Issue

General Discussion

The two 15mm holes are obviously not compliant. The Dept of Fair Trading would love to see this one! Do the gutters pool water after it stops raining? Although it's…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum