Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Who's building with Clarendon??

Page 848 of 929
More practical layout for bathroom..we did same ..but hard reach for toilet paper the way u have it now

Where is ur walkin robe i bed 2

mccjus80
Where is ur walkin robe i bed 2

Thanks mate for your suggestions and valuable information.

Bed 2 is the master bedroom and with most narrow lot designs we get small WIR (2m to 3m) but I wanted to have more space in master robes so decided to have a wall robes for master bed. I'm planning to have wall robes in Bed 2 in L shape one on garage wall and second on door wall. It will give us more robe space around 8m.
jellytot
Hi All,

We will be building the Sheridan 38 with addition of rumpus, alfresco and third garage. Out tender appointment was held a couple of days ago and we were hoping for a small discount or a couple of throw-ins considering the amount the build is costing, but they wouldn't budge. Just wondering whether anyone has been successful in receiving complimentary upgrades in the colour selection appointment?

Cheers

As far I know, no discount nowadays... clarendon is swamped with tenders.

Oversupply of tenders means less chance of getting throw-ins. However, I'm also hoping to get some things for free
jellytot
Hi All,

We will be building the Sheridan 38 with addition of rumpus, alfresco and third garage. Out tender appointment was held a couple of days ago and we were hoping for a small discount or a couple of throw-ins considering the amount the build is costing, but they wouldn't budge. Just wondering whether anyone has been successful in receiving complimentary upgrades in the colour selection appointment?

Cheers

Hi jellytot

Did you made substantial changes to the plan? Typically most asked for a smart build discount of 5k or manager's discount of close to the same amount (discretionary though) - assuming there is no large variations to standard plans ie. moving wet areas etc. We managed to obtain a manager's discount & some freebies eg. 2nd shower head in ensuite, free bulkhead in WC etc.
Anyone managed to get credits back recently for flooring/tiles since going with laminated flooring throughout?

There were some old posts sometime ago mentioning credits of few k for going with laminated instead of tiles.

Slabbed today!!!!

Hi everyone,

wonder if any of you have signed a contract to build a house in the Complete Inclusion range in QLD. We are waiting for the tender appointment. from the estimation we were quoted $12000 for an upgrade package including tiles and carpet for an area of 180m2 plus fly screens plus $3500 electrical allowance plus R3.5 ceiling batts instead of 2.5.The tiles and carpet both from bronze range. Just wonder if you think this price is reasonable for all the inclusion above?

First time building, and first time posting here. Thanks for any replies
tngo
Hi everyone,

wonder if any of you have signed a contract to build a house in the Complete Inclusion range in QLD. We are waiting for the tender appointment. from the estimation we were quoted $12000 for an upgrade package including tiles and carpet for an area of 180m2 plus fly screens plus $3500 electrical allowance plus R3.5 ceiling batts instead of 2.5.The tiles and carpet both from bronze range. Just wonder if you think this price is reasonable for all the inclusion above?

First time building, and first time posting here. Thanks for any replies

We are looking at Clarendon complete too, but we didn't go with the comfort upgrade as will do floors ourselves post handover (hubby is a tiler!). We also wanted to upgrade to security screens instead of flyscreens. We just added our own electrical allowance and paid for the upgrade to R3.5 batts. I was concerned the flooring choices wouldn't suit and we would then have to pay for upgrades anyway!
Where are you building and what house design?! We are first timers too!

- B
Hi Bridgetwitch

Thanks for replying, we are building Kiet 25 at Deepwater estate at Bald Hills, we modified the WIL and WIR in bedroom 2 to make space for a small study area and added the Cornerless stacker door for $3000. That's a big saving doing the flooring by yourselves and definitely you will have more choices for the tiles. I went to Beaumont Tiles and there are literally only 7 different tiles design in different sizes for both flooring and bathroom plus another 3 for kitchen splashback or skirting
, I just hope the carpet range isn't too bad.
tngo
Hi Bridgetwitch

Thanks for replying, we are building Kiet 25 at Deepwater estate at Bald Hills, we modified the WIL and WIR in bedroom 2 to make space for a small study area and added the Cornerless stacker door for $3000. That's a big saving doing the flooring by yourselves and definitely you will have more choices for the tiles. I went to Beaumont Tiles and there are literally only 7 different tiles design in different sizes for both flooring and bathroom plus another 3 for kitchen splashback or skirting

OMG - we are looking at the Kiet 25 as well, along with modifying the WIL /Bed 2 WIR to create the study nook! We also went with cornerless stackers! Have also upgraded the kitchen splash to glass, raised ceiling, colorbond roof, grey windows, security screens, bigger island bench and ensuite shower. Changed living to theatre, dbl vanity ensuite, separate wc, and retreat instead of bedroom. Also added an external door to the garage and changed the broom closet near the laundry into a linen.
Saying all that - we are still deciding between Clarendon and two other builders! We will be building on the Gold Coast, but our land doesn't register till July!
Good luck with your flooring, and the build!

- B
Bridgetwitch
tngo
Hi Bridgetwitch

OMG - we are looking at the Kiet 25 as well, along with modifying the WIL /Bed 2 WIR to create the study nook! We also went with cornerless stackers! Have also upgraded the kitchen splash to glass, raised ceiling, colorbond roof, grey windows, security screens, bigger island bench and ensuite shower. Changed living to theatre, dbl vanity ensuite, separate wc, and retreat instead of bedroom. Also added an external door to the garage and changed the broom closet near the laundry into a linen.
Saying all that - we are still deciding between Clarendon and two other builders! We will be building on the Gold Coast, but our land doesn't register till July!
Good luck with your flooring, and the build!

- B

Aw, You made my day !!! I'll pick up the tender paperwork tomorrow, hopefully we can start building in June. I forgot to mention we added two sliding doors in the living room to make it media room as well. If you decided to go with Clarendon and Kiet 25, pm me, I would be more than welcome to let you know how they go with the construction
Bridgetwitch I think you are building not far from us. We are building with Clarendon for the second time in the last 2 years and they have been nothing but fantastic. You won't regret it if you choose them. We just had our slab poured Friday on our Fairmont 38.
just finished my tender appointment for hayward 24. Not happy with the site cost, clarendon provided estimate of 32K for cut/fill/drop edge beam.

No freebies offered during tender and they didn't push me to sign today.

Also Wilderness and whitsunday bricks are upgrades now costing $3,500.

amiarm
just finished my tender appointment for hayward 24. Not happy with the site cost, clarendon provided estimate of 32K for cut/fill/drop edge beam.

No freebies offered during tender and they didn't push me to sign today.

Also Wilderness and whitsunday bricks are upgrades now costing $3,500.

Sorry to hear we had to fight for ours.. and 3 hours later I got some..where abouts are you building

We are building in Bardia. I hope they will offer some after 2 weeks. Do we need to sign tender within 7 days? Any idea
amiarm
We are building in Bardia. I hope they will offer some after 2 weeks. Do we need to sign tender within 7 days? Any idea

I signed 3 days later but was always planning to sign 3 days later. He didn't harass me as he basically said if u walk u walk

Hi guys!

Just wondering about Clarendon's ability to estimate site costs? Has anyone found they were way off the mark from quote to tender?
I think my SC has estimated based on a worst case scenario, but I don't want to pay a deposit and then get a nasty surprise!
Thanks,
-B
Bridgetwitch
Hi guys!

Just wondering about Clarendon's ability to estimate site costs? Has anyone found they were way off the mark from quote to tender?
I think my SC has estimated based on a worst case scenario, but I don't want to pay a deposit and then get a nasty surprise!
Thanks,
-B

For us there is a huge difference of 20k.

SS quoted 12k and during tender it came out to 32k
I wonder if Clarendon is reading this forum..

Related
1/10/2023
Clarendon Boston or Saratoga

General Discussion

the stair balustrades? There is nothing special about these and I imagine literally every stair installer will be able to do this.

22/12/2023
Clarendon Eaves and Guttering Issue

General Discussion

The two 15mm holes are obviously not compliant. The Dept of Fair Trading would love to see this one! Do the gutters pool water after it stops raining? Although it's…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum