Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Who's building with Clarendon??

Page 712 of 929
I've never seen so many tradesman in our house at once. Dropped off some lights this morning for the electrician.

Tradesman on site today: Electricans, Data, Painters, A/C. Wondering where the plumbers are however. Toilets and stuff sitting in the garage waiting to be installed.....
Hi All,

Are the pricing at colour studio negotiable? What as your experience? Any percentage of discount achievable?

Also did you guys get the TV antenna through clarendon or you will do it privately? Is it like $600 at clarendon for an antenna?

If I put tv points in like 4 via clarendon, and I want to get someone else to do antenna, can they just run the coax to all the points and leave the coax on the roof so I can get an antenna person to just hook it up to an antenna?

Cheers,
K.
k3nnis
Hi All,

Are the pricing at colour studio negotiable? What as your experience? Any percentage of discount achievable?

Also did you guys get the TV antenna through clarendon or you will do it privately? Is it like $600 at clarendon for an antenna?

If I put tv points in like 4 via clarendon, and I want to get someone else to do antenna, can they just run the coax to all the points and leave the coax on the roof so I can get an antenna person to just hook it up to an antenna?

Cheers,
K.

I don't believe they are "negotiatble" on stuff. If they are larger upgrades, I think you may get some stuff cheaper if you do it in your contract before you get there. i.e. we did diamond stairs, with glass etc and I think the colour person was surprised at the price we got it for. Same with a few other upgrades we did like frosted glass on bathrooms etc.

With regards to the TV antenna. We weren't actually given the option and wow @ $600. I asked our data guy yesterday, as he does all of this. They generally run a point up into the roof so you can essentially just add on the antenna. If we wanted our guy to do an antenna, Clarendon wouldn't let him up on the roof anyway, so we're getting it done after handover at a price of $300 + gst. Someone else could also do it.
What did Clarendon quote for the antenna install? Just want to see if their pricing is consistent..

Also did you do cat6 or cat6a cabling?
k3nnis
What did Clarendon quote for the antenna install? Just want to see if their pricing is consistent..

Also did you do cat6 or cat6a cabling?

I didn't ask for an antenna quote.
cat6e I think?
Ok thanks. There is no cat6e

There's cat 5e, cat 6 or cat 6a
Has anyone here had to have their bricks painted with a nawkaw product due to chipong and discolouration?

What did you think of it?
k3nnis
Ok thanks. There is no cat6e

There's cat 5e, cat 6 or cat 6a

Yeah after writing my reply, I looked that up and yes, nothing official. There is an unofficial cat6e I believe. To be honest, I'm unsure. I'd guess its CAT 6 although, at $100 a cable run I'd hope its CAT6A.
Ok thanks. Not cheap at $100 but it's better to do it now. I will want cat6a at that price. Cat6 can do 10Gbps but limited to 55m runs.
k3nnis
Ok thanks. Not cheap at $100 but it's better to do it now. I will want cat6a at that price. Cat6 can do 10Gbps but limited to 55m runs.

55M is long. I doubt you'd get that long int he house.
Yep should be good enough
Cat6 we paid $141 per point. $682 for digital antenna, we took it out then ask 4 tv outlet and they going to terminate in the loft area.

Is there anyway we can look at all the photos put on her without having to go through each thread?
Wow rogy, $141 per point? How come Bmitchel has it as $100 per point? Big difference. The antenna no idea how they get that $6xx amount??? Even with 25% builders margin?
k3nnis
Wow rogy, $141 per point? How come Bmitchel has it as $100 per point? Big difference. The antenna no idea how they get that $6xx amount??? Even with 25% builders margin?

That is pretty crazy. Through Clarendon it was $105 a point I think. Through the data person directly it was a bit cheaper than that. I'd do the bare minimum and then approach the data person to get extras.
bmitchel
k3nnis

That is pretty crazy. Through Clarendon it was $105 a point I think. Through the data person directly it was a bit cheaper than that. I'd do the bare minimum and then approach the data person to get extras.

That's if you get to see them first
If I want to do it before handover I guess I need to go via Clarendon? Or can I still approach the data person directly?
MinandB
bmitchel
k3nnis

That's if you get to see them first

We needed to supply a comms rack to the data person, so that was inevitable. A few other things we needed to bring up as well that were not offered to us, such as pet sensors on the alarm system for downstairs etc.
k3nnis
If I want to do it before handover I guess I need to go via Clarendon? Or can I still approach the data person directly?

Go directly if you can. Any alterations to electrical etc have an admin fee on top of it.
k3nnis

Yeah, initially it was cat 5e cost $96.53, then we upgraded it to cat6 additional $44.55 per point. Daylight robbery yet Clarendon let them do it. They should have at least two contractors to choose from, so at least they could debate on the price and stay competitive. That's why i removed it from our quote.
Related
1/10/2023
Clarendon Boston or Saratoga

General Discussion

the stair balustrades? There is nothing special about these and I imagine literally every stair installer will be able to do this.

22/12/2023
Clarendon Eaves and Guttering Issue

General Discussion

The two 15mm holes are obviously not compliant. The Dept of Fair Trading would love to see this one! Do the gutters pool water after it stops raining? Although it's…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum