Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Who's building with Clarendon??

Page 689 of 929
bmitchel
MinandB
That's how I feel too - no one thinks about it will be someone's home at the end. Our roof tilers, the kitchen guy and our tiler did a good job. Other than that we have had issues at every stage.

I want your tiler! I did meet with the tiler Tuesday. When I went in yesterday to find the gate open, front door unlocked, back door unlocked. I had a look around to see if any tiling done and none done. What really annoyed me however, is that in the upstairs powder room, they had the wrong tile there sitting on the floor presumably as a "reminder". There is a clear distinction between floor/wall tiles for upstairs bathrooms vs downstairs bathroom & laundry. Like its pretty obvious. I ended up putting the proper tile in its place as the last think I want is for them to have to rip up tiles. It would really annoy me.

Anyway. Had our first open home today and we already have an offer. Had great feedback on our house and 5 people took offer forms. We'll see this afternoon if it goes to multiple offers. We're looking at a 60 day settlement, which means I'll need to start blowing smoke up Clarendon to get a move on. The previous indicators were mid April which is now the end of april/start of may. With a 60 day settlement, we'll be looking at 25 May which makes me really nervous and stressed.

Wow bmitchel, sounds stressful. In a way I'm glad we are living with my parents..we really want our lives back but at least we are able to stay on until it's finished..we would have had to rent for over a year.
Good luck with the tiling...our wall grout is incorrect in the bathrooms..they put the floor grout the walls and now need to regrout!!!!
More fixing up..the reason why we are so behind and so over our contract time.

bmitchel
MinandB
That's how I feel too - no one thinks about it will be someone's home at the end. Our roof tilers, the kitchen guy and our tiler did a good job. Other than that we have had issues at every stage.

I want your tiler! I did meet with the tiler Tuesday. When I went in yesterday to find the gate open, front door unlocked, back door unlocked. I had a look around to see if any tiling done and none done. What really annoyed me however, is that in the upstairs powder room, they had the wrong tile there sitting on the floor presumably as a "reminder". There is a clear distinction between floor/wall tiles for upstairs bathrooms vs downstairs bathroom & laundry. Like its pretty obvious. I ended up putting the proper tile in its place as the last think I want is for them to have to rip up tiles. It would really annoy me.

Anyway. Had our first open home today and we already have an offer. Had great feedback on our house and 5 people took offer forms. We'll see this afternoon if it goes to multiple offers. We're looking at a 60 day settlement, which means I'll need to start blowing smoke up Clarendon to get a move on. The previous indicators were mid April which is now the end of april/start of may. With a 60 day settlement, we'll be looking at 25 May which makes me really nervous and stressed.

He was good. He's name was Nathan and he works for Matt.

Good move on the tile. You definitely don't want them laying in the wrong spot.

Open house result sounds positive. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
MinandB

Hrmm ok. It might be the same guy. Our SS mentioned the tiler Matt was going to call me, but we met some other guy on site.
Yeah it is a good thing I picked up on that tile.

Today went pretty well I believe. I spoke to our REA and we've got 3 offers at this stage, and I think a 4th is coming in tonight. Looks like it could be "sold" from the first open home. We had 14 groups through our home. Won't know more until tomorrow, so likely if we put pen to paper, it won't be until Monday, but still really positive.
bmitchel
MinandB

Hrmm ok. It might be the same guy. Our SS mentioned the tiler Matt was going to call me, but we met some other guy on site.

Today went pretty well I believe. I spoke to our REA and we've got 3 offers at this stage, and I think a 4th is coming in tonight. Looks like it could be "sold" from the first open home. We had 14 groups through our home. Won't know more until tomorrow, so likely if we put pen to paper, it won't be until Monday, but still really positive.

Congrats!!! Sounds like a heap of interest, well done! Hopefully one less thing to stress about!

bmitchel
MinandB

That's great!
bmitchel
MinandB

Congrats!
Bowie your wardrobe looks amazing. Who did you get your quotes through? That is fantastic!!
debba_p
Bowie your wardrobe looks amazing. Who did you get your quotes through? That is fantastic!!

Thanks, quote was through just wardrobes storage!
KLB I hope those issues get sorted ASAP for you!

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=82062

Madison 37 - site start 16.2.16
leeleh
KLB I hope those issues get sorted ASAP for you!

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=82062

Madison 37 - site start 16.2.16

Thanks leeleh. I sent a text to our SS on Saturday (didn't want to ring on a long weekend) so am awaiting a response! If he doesn't call soon I will ring him, I don't want them continuing on when it is wrong!
We ended up signing a contract for our house yesterday. So conditional at this stage, but we sold on the first open house, which is kind of a relief. Only thing is now we have 60 days!

I've already sent an email to our SS & CSC about it so hopefully that ends up being enough time.
Great news bmitchel!

So I just rang my SS (couldn't wait any longer!). He hadn't looked at my text so had no idea what I was talking about. The slab error they will have to try and fix and tie some extra concrete into the existing slab for the brick pier to sit on.

One of the other brick piers sits 30mm off the slab on one side, then is 30mm in on the other side. Apparently the overhang will need to be filled (the allowance is 20mm either way). SS will visit the site in the morning and then ring me. To be honest I felt a bit fobbed off like I was making a big deal over nothing.

It's pretty freaking annoying that drafting can get the slab plan wrong for the facade. This is what we pay them for, does no one check anything?
KLB
Great news bmitchel!

Thanks KLB. It is one less thing to worry about!

KLB
It's pretty freaking annoying that drafting can get the slab plan wrong for the facade. This is what we pay them for, does no one check anything?

I don't get this. Plans are there for a reason. It's like the manhole in our WIL. It's where it is on the plans for a reason. At the end of the day, who cares if it is based on where your joists are, where as the plans should of made allowance for that.

I had an issue back at the start with our site plan. The front of our house has two storm water outlets about 8-10 metres apart. Unsure of the exact distance, yet, they showed that the stormwater goes to two outlets right next to each other, so they'd have to add another outlet. They haven't done this on site, and when I queried, why it wasn't according to the plan. "The plumbers make that decision". WTF are plans for then?!?!
bmitchel
KLB
Great news bmitchel!

Thanks KLB. It is one less thing to worry about!

KLB

I don't get this. Plans are there for a reason. It's like the manhole in our WIL. It's where it is on the plans for a reason. At the end of the day, who cares if it is based on where your joists are, where as the plans should of made allowance for that.

I had an issue back at the start with our site plan. The front of our house has two storm water outlets about 8-10 metres apart. Unsure of the exact distance, yet, they showed that the stormwater goes to two outlets right next to each other, so they'd have to add another outlet. They haven't done this on site, and when I queried, why it wasn't according to the plan. "The plumbers make that decision". WTF are plans for then?!?!

We've had comments made to us that drafting doesn't understand what can be constructed... Worried me a little too.

Our storm water doesn't seem to follow the plan either. Instead on being on the lowest point as per the plan it's half way across the front of our block...
Hope your issues with your build be sorted out guys. As for us there's some soil movement, I guess construction is for real now! I'll just ask you guys when I come across some problems.

We had a drive past tonight and today they have installed our windows and doors, wrapped the house and Bricks and plaster was delivered... Very exciting!!
Insulation on top & lower floor seems to have been completed today. Expecting the gyprock to be installed this Thu, 31st March... hopefully all activities continue to progress...

Need to confirm with our Site Manager that all our upgrades on insulation were carried out.
Good to see everyone seems to have some good progress. I met our SS on site this morning and he addressed how they would fix the problems with the slab/bricks. Brickies were on site as was the plumber. All going well bricks could be finished by end of next week.
I posted it in discussion board though, still posting here again for Clarendonites.

Please share your views on the location of master bedroom?

Ours is a north facing corner block. Right side ie the east side has the secondary street. Neighbour house will be on the west.

So in our double storey house should we have our masterbed in the front or back?

Also any suggestion for the upstair leisure location?

We are currently considering Clarendon's Sheridan 38 (grand alfresco like Madison 37) with few design modifications. But we are hesitating with the masterbed in the back. We DONT know if it will be good or bad. We want to avoid a heated bed room. We will appreciate your opinions in this regard from experience/ knowledge.

P.s. the block has 16m wide streets both in the front and right (East) sides having houses coming up on the opposite.

Rear should not be a problem. Only I am concerned about a 3m grand alfresco extension which will be seen below the south window. We will need to have the window in the south to avoid overseeing the next house on the west. Therefore we will send the ensuite into the 5th bed and also the WIR some other side. A bit mixed with Sheridan 36 and 39.

So please give us some suggestions on the masterbed location. We will appreciate a lot.

Regards,
Kazi (Pauline)

Wow KLB. That's good progress considering our slab got laid before yours and our bricks only started today. You def made back time lost on the slab!
Related
1/10/2023
Clarendon Boston or Saratoga

General Discussion

the stair balustrades? There is nothing special about these and I imagine literally every stair installer will be able to do this.

22/12/2023
Clarendon Eaves and Guttering Issue

General Discussion

The two 15mm holes are obviously not compliant. The Dept of Fair Trading would love to see this one! Do the gutters pool water after it stops raining? Although it's…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum