Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

BUILDING IN JORDAN SPRINGS

Page 12 of 12
@rahul

We got priority #56 in the February release clicked on the registration link about 1min after it went 'live'. It was crazy. What Emma said about fast internet connection and a quick hand is on the money!

Good luck!
Thnx for your replies everyone! Got myself at #11 slot in this month's release. this release have 21 plots, but all of them have a BAL12.5/19/29 rating. Does anyone here have much idea whether it is worth looking at a BAL29 plot, which is a bigger plots at a cheaper rate offered by lend lease?

I believe there are higher cost of building at a BAL29 area as well, and would appreciate if someone can give an indication of how much extra I will be looking at if this actually goes through?

Rahul.
Congrats! We were lucky enough to not have to deal with a BAL rating.

The best person to ask about that would be Extreme.
In one of his posts he states he has a bal 29/19 and is looking at 10-15k extra.
His blog is here:
viewtopic.php?t=73005#p1246446
rahul
Thnx for your replies everyone! Got myself at #11 slot in this month's release. this release have 21 plots, but all of them have a BAL12.5/19/29 rating. Does anyone here have much idea whether it is worth looking at a BAL29 plot, which is a bigger plots at a cheaper rate offered by lend lease?

I believe there are higher cost of building at a BAL29 area as well, and would appreciate if someone can give an indication of how much extra I will be looking at if this actually goes through?

Rahul.

That's great! Congrats!
It all depends on how quick your internet and clicking speed is, I was priority #1 for my release.

I have a 12.5 bal and that added around $5000 but a lot of the upgrades are things I would have asked for anyway or really like, so luckily I am getting pretty good value for money.
Our BAL29 costs ended up being 10k in required fittings and 6k in optional stuff.

The optional stuff being fly screens, security doors and upgrading front/laundry door timber to merbau to match the required flame resistant timber on the door frames.
Related
9/05/2023
what to add for energy efficiency building volume home

Eco Living

go upvc window frames ensure insulation under colorbond. not just sarking, lighter color roof also not sure if you have seen this viewtopic.php?t=5823 last couple of pages…

11/05/2023
Building duplex at the hills council area

Building A New House

Even if it's not being sub-divided and you want to keep it as Torrens title, you will still need to talk to a town planner or Council themselves, to see if they will allow…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum