Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

*URGENT*Help me choose grout colour pleaseUPDATED GROUT DONE

Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone well our tiler needs to know our grout colour by the morning and I am a bit confused. Do I go a lighter colour or try or match the tile colour???
All the bathrooms I like have the lighter colour and I don't know if it has worked out being a good thing or bad.

Our tiles are a matt mocha but not really a brown, more greyish brown. We are going to be having polished porcelain (off white) in the hallway with Travertine grout. Which has me wondering maybe I will match it to that.

Our wall tiles are gloss snow white, hemp feature tile, laminex parchment cupboards, stipple seal benchtop. Paint is Solver Parchement Double Strength with quarter strength for trims.

Any replies appreciated
Hope these photos help

Travertine Grout

Darker Colour is Charred Ash

The colour closest to the vanity is the charred ash, far right of screen is light grey, the two lower colours are too brown so are a no. The middle colour I think may be travertine but I can't remember.

View of ensuite to give idea of colours

Thankyou
Robyn
I would try to match to compliment tile colour. At least thats what the tile place I went to recommended.
We also picked the grout to match as close as possible to the tile color. Alot of people have lighter grout though, it depends on what you really like.
I guess my next question is Does the Travertine colour look right with the tile??

The light grey just does not look right to me.

Thanks
Robyn
The travertine looks good on the first tile, we are having slate grey grout in some of our tiles, our tiles are a light grey color. In our charcoal tiles we are having midnight grout. In our white tiles we are having alabaster and in our kitchen splashback ultra white grout. We matched as close as possible to the tile color. Some people like the look of the lighter grout in the tile, we prefer the color to compliment the tile, where possible. Have a look at the Beaumont tile site, and look at the colors of the grouts. It's such a hard call, when it comes to grout, but I do like the travertine.
Well I have messaged the tiler and Travertine it is. Will post pics tomorrow. Feel a bit nervous, anxious, excited now. I guess the same feeling when you await the result of a colour choice hoping it will turn out ok.

Thanks for your help deb17
The travertine will look good, it's a good pick. Good luck, look forward to the pictures. It's true, every color choice we make, we doubt at some stage. Your colors look really good, they match perfectly.

Very happy with the end result

Thanks
Robyn
rhoff

Very happy with the end result

Thanks
Robyn

Wow, it looks great, you must be rapt.
Related
28/01/2024
Need urgent help regarding facade colour combination please

Building A New House

Thank you @. Tried to play with the facade models but the exact colour is not matching up.

22/05/2023
Urgent!!! Bathroom walls

General Discussion

Render your bathroom walls, two opinions versus the one, makes you wonder.

19/07/2023
URGENT·····Garage Boundary Wall Water Proofing Issue

Building A New House

thanks Chippy, i hope they have applied sealer but i am doubt to be honest, so i am gonna do this job after handover.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum