Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

anyone building in armstrong creek?

Page 1 of 25
Hey guys anyone bought land in armstrong creek waralilly? we have, cant wait to start building!

cheers steve.
We were lucky enough to get a block in Stage 1 from the ballot. I hope titles come out on time, they are still due in September at this stage. Have you chosen a builder yet?? We are going to build with Carlisle Homes after getting to contract stage with Porter Davis and being stuffed around so much we told them where to go.
Carlisle have been fantastic so far and I have only heard good things about them.
We are building with pd in stage 1 also, they have been really helpful so far, what problems did you have with pd? We have our contract app soon, so fingers crossed it goes well!
Carlisle are a great builder, they were high on our list too.
The guys have been working long days and wkends doing the civil works, so the titles should be on time as long as we dont get too much rain!
It was mostly admin and communication problems and some of the pricing was not available almost six months after we had requested it so we lost all confidence in them and pulled the pin. I hope your build with them goes smoothly and there is plenty of info on the Porter Davis thread on here if you need ideas or things to watch out for.
We found that Carlisle gave us more info and pricing in two weeks than PD had given us in several months and I must say I feel a lot more confident about the build, it did end up being a little bit more expensive than PD but most of their standard inclusions are upgrades with PD and the end result was suprisingly close.
We may be neighbours, our build is going to be on Caitlin Chase, where abouts in Stage 1 are you?
We are in barleycorn bend..

good luck with your build titch101.
Good luck to you too, fingers crossed titles come out on time. I think it will look amazing once it's all finished.
Hey,.... I'm not in armstrong creek, but just down the road in Marshall. We've just titled... waiting on permits atm. Goodluck!
I'm renting in Marshall at the moment, hanging out for the Aldi's down the road to open this week haha!!
ha! I went there on Saturday.... much quieter than the Belmont one!
Hi all, We got in late, but got a handed back block on Silvercrest Way, Lot 1201. At the moment looking at PD Illoura 30 or 33, but that seems to change weekly as we find a new 'ideal' home. Pretty attracted to PD, their prices and range seem great, but the person I need to speak to always seems to change.

Moving down from Brisbane in a couple of months, renting in Belmont while we build.

Anyone got any advice on schools. We are looking at Grovedale Primary atm, seemed to have a good feel when we visited.

Steve - which design are you looking at?
s&mp

We're not, but we'll be near you
warralily4six
Hi all, We got in late, but got a handed back block on Silvercrest Way, Lot 1201. At the moment looking at PD Illoura 30 or 33, but that seems to change weekly as we find a new 'ideal' home. Pretty attracted to PD, their prices and range seem great, but the person I need to speak to always seems to change.

Moving down from Brisbane in a couple of months, renting in Belmont while we build.

Anyone got any advice on schools. We are looking at Grovedale Primary atm, seemed to have a good feel when we visited.

Steve - which design are you looking at?

Hi warralily4six,

It's great to see you on the forum. The members on this forum are great for providing genuine advice and help. If you have any questions specific to Porter Davis Homes, I'll also be happy to answer them or put you in contact with one of our Sales Consultants (maybe someone you've previously spoken too for consistency) who can provide you with detailed information on our designs and talk you through your options. Otherwise, enjoy the research process. Let us know how you go. Cheers, Jess
Hi warralily4six, we are building the regatta23,

PD prices are good and there designs great.
gzk
s&mp

Hi gzk

where abouts to you buy in waralilly? have you chosen a builder?
s&mp
gzk
s&mp

Hi gzk

where abouts to you buy in waralilly? have you chosen a builder?

Answered in PM.

Nice shot of where the works were a month ago: http://www.nearmap.com/?ll=-38.236023%2C144.376316&z=16&t=h&nmd=20110407
s&mp...looks like we'll be neighbours!
We're building in Barelycorn Bend too

Not so happy with the news of the delays though... April 2012 seems so far away.

Cheers
@warralily4six. I'm a long time Grovedale resident, all the grovedale primary's have a good rep, mandama probably the best. the high school is only so so tho.

The problem with Geelong (and i think most of Vic) is that we are zoned and that forces schools to take students from within their zone before kids from other zones get a look in. Luckily my eldest got into our primary before they had to start enforcing the zone policy. The only exception is for siblings.

Not sure how the zoning will work for you in Armstrong Creek, you might be Torquay zoned and that will be very hard to get into. When was the government expecting the schools around your way to be up and running?

Regards

RiH
Has anyone had an update on Titles?? We can't seem to get a straight answer out of anyone, even our conveyancer said they are still in the dark.
All civil works appear to be completed for Stage 1 so I don't know what the hold up is for Titles.
Titch101
Has anyone had an update on Titles?? We can't seem to get a straight answer out of anyone, even our conveyancer said they are still in the dark.
All civil works appear to be completed for Stage 1 so I don't know what the hold up is for Titles.

Sucks you are still waiting, on the bright side, you have picked a good builder :p We havent been able to fault them yet mate.

Hopefully not much longer before you guys start!!
First titles have been released, including for the display village and a few other lots.

Civil works for stage 1 appear to be all done and titles for the rest of stage 1 (including us) should be released in the next few weeks.

Pipes for the stages west of Charlemont Rd appear to be going in.

First works for Warralily Promenade and Warralily Coast have started, I believe.
Related
9/12/2023
Anyone building with Zac Homes?

Building A New House

Wish you all the best. Once you signed the contract, they will find millions excuses to charge you. And have seen their sites unfinished for a long time.

19/07/2023
Feedback requested from anyone that's used Pentablock

Landscape & Garden Design

As title suggests, looking at using the interlocking Pentablock stacked stone products to replace failing timber retaining…

21/10/2023
anyone build on zero lot line more than 11 meters? Urgent.

Building A New House

I am building in claymore NSW and this is shown in the building envelope plan. …

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum