Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Any people with modern or minimal houses in here?

Page 1 of 1
Hello!

Are there any people that have builded something different than the usual style of houses?
For example without tiles on the roof? As i didnt see any pictures of such houses in here...

Thanks!
ok so i suppose there aren't any
Perhaps you need to be a bit more specific

Ive found loads of different houses on here, many much more modern in taste than mine, so not sure what you mean by modern or minimal

Quote:
For example without tiles on the roof

Well, my house doesn't have tiles on the roof, it has colourbond - but I wouldnt call that very different or particuarly modern
Well... after a very quick search in google pics, here is a sample of more or less what i call modern:

There are a few along those lines - not as fancy but gorgeous in their own right.

'Chelle's is striking from all angles.
This apparently is in right now, sleek, compact and low carbon footprint

fekish
Well... after a very quick search in google pics, here is a sample of more or less what i call modern:

Well since that style of house which has it roots in the Bauhaus movement usually requires:

1 - Quite a bit of land (which costs a lot in Aus)
2 - Design by an architectural firm (which costs a lot in Aus)
3 - Lots of one off design elements (that cost a lot to construct in Aus)

The reason you don't see many examples on this forum is that house as pictured would probably be 3 to 4 million at least excluding the land.
Related
8/06/2023
Hello to all of you. Any advice please?

Building A New House

A question. Im in Queensland and building a new home. We managed to reach practical completion 6 weeks ago but we haven't heard any date for handover yet. Who should we…

20/09/2023
Does this concrete perimeter raise any concern? Help please!

Paving & Concreting

i had the my concreters concrete right up to the fence. I have pits all along my path, so the water tends to drain away from the house and into the pits. There's only one…

11/07/2023
Any issues?

Building A New House

I am looking at building a house. Has anyone used Construkt Homes (based in Adelaide)? Does anyone have experience with this builder?

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum