Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Knockdown and building Henley's Talise Q2 - We have keys!

Page 16 of 16
Pool fence is done, kids in pool, we actually made it with 5 days to Christmas!

Hooray! congrats on getting it all done so quickly!

We have moved in and we are LOVING the house. landscaping - definitely top of the list of priorities for the new year

apart from that, ive just been organising furniture etc. i didnt realise how spacious the master bedroom really is, as well as the WIR. we got our fitout done the day before moving in and that was perfect coz all of our clothes went straight in - no fussing about with spare wardrobes. also got a floor to ceiling shoe shelf put in - OMG it is the best part about the house.

loving the butlers pantry also - its so roomy in there! baked a donna hay cake and it turned out delicious!

hmmm... what else? the dog is loving the space and he enjoys running around. once landscaping is looking better, we will be adopting another jack russell to keep tigger company.

hope you're all enjoying your houses too!

Trudy xx
Floor to ceiling shoe shelf? Drrrooooooolllll.....that's going on my list of things to do. Glad it's all going well Trudy, we are just loving our place too. It's been nearly two months already but I still have these moments of "thank goodness it's over". I'm sure Chatz will want to post some pics of HIS new outdoor stuff very soon. It was great having Christmas here, even without power for a couple of hours late in the day.

Great to hear from you, hope Ger comes up for air soon too!
Trudy,

What have you done? You have stated you have floor to ceiling shoe shelves! I'm not going to hear the end of it from MrsChatz....

We are very happy for you both to be in and enjoying the house.

Chatz
Chatz,

Yes, all of my friends' husbands have given me the evil eye for having such an amazing wardrobe because all of the wives have now requested (ahem, INSISTED AND DECIDED) the same wardrobe for their own houses. Hubby feels bad that i havent posted up any photos THE WHOLE TIME so he is will do it for me
some time this week and then you'll get to see what we've done with the place.
The bamboo looks delicious and whenever i am having a glass of wine, just staring at the floor it looks so good i could eat it.

your pool looks so awesome - ash and i are sitting down tonight looking at different back yard ideas online and then organising some quotes tomorrow. garden edge seemed great, and legit, but just too expensive for us right now. so we are getting a few different contractors to do the whole lot in stages. back yard first and then the front. my parents' housewarming present to us is a huge monetary contribution to help us with landscaping and we are very grateful and cant wait to get started.

post pics very soon guys
sorry for the 7 month delay!!!!!!!!
IT hubby guru to the rescue.

xxx Trudy
Trudy,

Happy new year.

I have to agree, the pool does look awesome, Gardenridge did a great job! It's had a lot of use this past week.

We can't way to see some pictures of your house...

Chatz
Hi, I am new to this forum.

I am at developer approval stage of building a Talise Q2 at Settlers Run.

I have a couple of questions I'm hoping someone may be able to answer...

Is anyone doing the Edison facade? Can the hardiplank infill be replaced with a stained timber?
Also, has Henley allowed anyone to do a raised platform in the home theatre?
Cheers,
Welcome to the forum.

Sorry, can't help you with your questions, but please go through this thread and my blog for other suggestions with this floor plan and building with Henley.

Chatz
I've sent an email to Henley today after we noticed a crack through the garage floor. Fingers crossed this is not too serious...

Chatz
Hello & Happy New Year Chatzes and Trudy,

Sorry haven't posted for a while to offer updates but aside from being very , very busy ( as we all know.. right ? ) The forum keeps booting me out mid way through posting...

Anyways great to see you are all "home" and are settling in well, your new outdoor area looks fabby do Chatzes , really nice and i am sure the pools getting a work out at the moment

We;re very much settled in now and are so enjoying the extra space, we really love being back in our new home, its still kinda weird returning to where we used to live !!

Working on landscaping at the moment, with side paths hopefully being complete this weekend, getting quotes on window coverings , security doors and all that stuff all good but very expensive.

Hope that cracks OK Chatz, i think small surface cracks are common through season changes.

Cheers all

Ger
WOW what a change to the backyard! Im very jealose. BTW just wondering on how much the pool cost all up. Thanks
I'm overdue a big post on all the landscaping, so I'll try to do that today and I'll include some of the costs.

Chatz
Finally I have put a large update on the blog with all the landscaping pics.

Chatz
Ger,

Happy New Year to you and the family.

Glad you are also enjoying having space again, the difference for us is this is the first time we have lived here, although its not too far from where we had been.

MrsChatz can fill you in on all the window coverings. She did the shopping around to get us nice blinds in and out and not too expensive. That way if we don't like the colours we can change in the future without feeling too guilty. We did get some very scary quotes.

We are still waiting for the council to contact us about the cross over, we might have to give them a call...

Chatz
Hi Guys , Hows things ?
I've finally updated our blog with the latest landscaping pictures.

After 12 months everything is going really well, I think the only real problem (and not a very big problem) was the dishwasher had to be repaired. The 12 month warranty list was very small and was quickly addressed.

How is everyone else doing?

Chatz
Related
18/01/2024
Cost of building 3 x Townhouses after knockdown

General Discussion

multiple occ properties are always billed by trades at a premium, rarely per sqm for the lot. You either have trades you know whoe will do by sqm or youre going to get…

10/01/2024
To Knockdown and Rebuild or Renovate?

General Discussion

if the original house is in good condition most of what you listed could be added in stages without the need for KDR and costs and disruption of having to live elsewhere…

25/05/2023
Knockdown build in Heidelberg area - recommendations please

Building A New House

Hi We have finally decided to complete a KDR on our corner plot in NE Melbourne suburbs. Given its a corner plot approx. 400 sqm just a standard design may not fit the…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum