Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Rendering after handover.... easy?

Page 1 of 1
We are doing our own rendering and the builder was happy for us to come in before external lights/down pipes etc went on but our good patchers are required on site so if we want to use them it won't be until after Easter

How much of a pain is it to render after the exterior is finished?

Thanks
Rendering is no easy task.
Is it harder to do after though?
I wouldn't think so, depends on fitting really. lights etc should all fit on top.

Best to call a professional renderer and ask. the cost to do it after may be more than through builder. best to check than assume.
We are rendering for free I just feel bad for the guys if its more of a pain afterwards
Mrs P, we rendered the front of our house after handover and then the builders returned to paint it (long story).

The only thing required was the renderers removed the front pillar lights and my dad (a sparky) put them back up after handover. Downpipes made no difference, although they couldn't get behind the down pipe (iykwim) to render but you can't even notice that - only if you knew what you were looking for you would notice it. The renderer made us aware of that when he met with us to quote though.

Just make sure they cover your new windows too.
Related
15/10/2023
DIY fence gate motor installation? Easy?

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

I mean, I install them/sell them for a living so I haven't done DIY, unless you count the first one I installed lol. (electrician by trade). Usually a 6-8 hour job for…

7/05/2023
Rendering old corrugated shed

General Discussion

Is it possible to render an old corrugated iron shed.I have heard that it can be done if it is covered with chicken wire first.Not sure of the ratio of the render mix and…

7/05/2023
Facade column size (350 or 470mm) , Rendering or Stone or Ti

Building A New House

Dear Members I have to decide the Facade column size. My custom builder standard is 350mm with rendering, but i asked for 470mm plus stone or tiles and yet to get…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum