Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Is there a drop from your house to alfresco?

Page 1 of 1
We didn't concrete our alfresco as we were going to deck it. I've decided to concrete it so my doggies have a cooler surface to lay on in summer.

The height level between the dirt and the inside floor is quite big, I am curious, do peoples alfrescos level with inside or is there a drop?

If we concrete I don't want there to be much of a step from the alfresco to lawn because of kids playing etc
Probably one step going from the house down to the alfresco slab and then another small one from the alfresco to the surrounding lawn would work best rather than keeping the alfrescro slab at the same height and having the full height of the step at the alfresco/lawn boundary.

I'd figure that kids are less likely to run full pelt through the house out to the alfresco and trip as there would usually be an doorway they'd have to negotiate.
Related
11/08/2023
Path around drop edge beam

Paving & Concreting

Hello everyone, After some suggestions and ideas about how to put a concrete path around the drop edge beam area on our new build. We are required to have a concrete path…

22/10/2023
Drop (Deepened) Edge Beam maximum depth/height

Building A New House

The distance between my DEBs varies from 4.1m at the narrowest to 8.1m at the widest.

30/10/2023
Drop edge beam

General Discussion

I would like to build our new house with the rear section approx 1 metre out of the ground, I don't particularly like to go bearers and joists so concrete slab all the way…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum