Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Garage wall height on boundary

Page 1 of 1
We have got our final contract drawings from the builder and noticed that the boundary wall of the garage has been shortened. In the new drawings, the builder had fixed the way the eaves were added to the house by lifting the roof up, but in that process reduced the garage wall height.

Earlier the garage wall height was 3090mm and now it’s changed to 2988mm. None of the other measurements for the garage door opening or garage ceiling height have changed as in the image below.

I raised this with the CSA and she said that it was due to estate guidelines, but I’ve checked and can’t find any note of this in the guidelines documentation. This also says to me that this has nothing to do with adjusting the eaves.

Maybe I’m missing something here..
Can someone please help me understand this. Should I go back to the CSA to get this change reverted ?
This looks like the typical detail used on garage walls on boundaries to avoid the guttering overhanging you neighbours property.

If you don't like it you need to move the garage wall off the boundary.
It looks like they have moved the eaves up a little everywhere, and altered the roof to match. Maybe they just changed the way the garage wall height is calculated, as it change from "3090mm average height of wall face brick" to "2988mm garage wall height on boundary". I'm surprised the garage eaves look the same on elevation A in the "after" pic though. Seems odd. If you look at elevation D, the garage eaves have definitely gone higher. I would be asking for clarification on that.
btherl
I'm surprised the garage eaves look the same on elevation A in the "after" pic though. Seems odd. If you look at elevation D, the garage eaves have definitely gone higher. I would be asking for clarification on that.

Yes... about that.. sorry should have mentioned in the original post.. the builder forgot to put the eaves on the garage in the Elevation A 'Before' drawings.
Our nextdoor neighbour built his garage on the boundary and was required to get us to 'sign off' on it because it was over 3m high. Could this change be due to the same thing? They changed the height to comply.
Yes, our estate had a max 3.0m average height requirement as well otherwise we needed permission from all and sundry. They dropped the garage by about 86mm to make that happen. Just means that the garage has a step down from the house, no biggy.

SK
Related
19/07/2023
URGENT·····Garage Boundary Wall Water Proofing Issue

Building A New House

thanks Chippy, i hope they have applied sealer but i am doubt to be honest, so i am gonna do this job after handover.

19/08/2023
Easement and building garage to boundary

Renovation + Home Improvement

You should be able to encase the sewer but you will need it designed and approved and access to lot 580 to do the work

18/10/2023
Garage on boundary line.

General Discussion

In WA zero lot is actually zero lot. We build 10mm in from the boundary. My house and my neighbours house have garages that sit only 20mm apart. When I had our roof done…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum