Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our House in Tarneit

Page 3 of 4
it looks amazing!
Can't wait to see it all furnished now!
Tarleaf
jayjaytee
Howdy all.. nice to see another Parksiders on the forum.

Im in Hogans road , and just up to brick stage myself.. Aiming for an August finish..

Will be nice to see everyone out and about once its all done.. now.... i just need to buy me some puppies!!

- Juz

Hey hey neighbour!!! your house is the one right behind ours!!!
I've visited your blog a few times.

We're hoping the build to finish by end of june/start of july. Not long to go at all!!!

Oh hey.. didnt realise the name change

Yes .. yours is moving along quite nicely. They say mine will be done by Aug 4th at this stage.. then its 6 weeks off for me to sit around drinking coffee... mowing the dirt ... putting up my makeshift letterbox and all those fun things...

- Juz
Juz - not long to go for you hey!!!! sounds great!!! Visited your blog, and where's the updates??

So it's been more than a week and a half since we've over....definitely getting there tomorrow and will get some piccies as well.

Haven't heard from builder much, so hoping that there has been some progress!!!
hey there, congrats on your home, it looks fantastic. I love all the little extras you've done like the snazzy bath tap, the 2nd ensuite, gorgeous front facade, great colours, def going to be a gorgeous home - can't wait to see the final pics!

soon I hope!!
Tarleaf
Juz - not long to go for you hey!!!! sounds great!!! Visited your blog, and where's the updates??

So it's been more than a week and a half since we've over....definitely getting there tomorrow and will get some piccies as well.

Haven't heard from builder much, so hoping that there has been some progress!!!

They've started on the bricks for the house, so i'll go down there on the weekend for a look.. If the weather holds up like it has been the bricks should be done this week.

- Juz
Annietom
hey there, congrats on your home, it looks fantastic. I love all the little extras you've done like the snazzy bath tap, the 2nd ensuite, gorgeous front facade, great colours, def going to be a gorgeous home - can't wait to see the final pics!

soon I hope!!

Thank you Annietom!!
Yes, we haven't spent much on extras since this won't be permanent home but little things here and there to make a difference! Luckily the bath taps and stuff were all standard with our builder (we've been so lucky) The build should be finished in another 3 or so weeks. So absolutely estatic about it!!! I will probably wait till the house is complete now to show the final pics. so not too long of a wait!!!
Juz bricks look great! and very clean work. just posted on your blog.
How far away are you now from moving in ?

I've been told i'm about 6 weeks away at this stage.

Cheers

- Juz
jayjaytee
How far away are you now from moving in ?

I've been told i'm about 6 weeks away at this stage.

Cheers

- Juz

6 weeks! That's awesome news!! You must be estatic.

Well our driveway got poured today, so I imagine not too long until it's finally all built! Definitely will be done by end of July.
So it's been a while since I've updated the blog. Now we're just waiting for handover date while they fix up some last little details.

Thought I'd share some pics we took 2 weeks or so ago while sneaking in the house shh. First tried to get through the back door and ended up wrecking one of my favourite pair of shoes! :S

Can't get enough of these lights - not sure at the moment how we will set up this room since it's quiet small in size...

The rooms look yellowish with the downlights on.

wardrobes b/r 2 and 3.

Will be making a visit sometime this week with more pics.
Looking good! What shade / colour are your internal walls? It looks finished to me, you must be getting the keys veeeeery soon?

P.S. The path to home ownership is littered with the corpses of shoes destroyed by mud.
Matt - the internal walls are hog bristle half. they look gorgeous during day time!!

Sooo, finally got a chance to go see the house, and oh my it's gorgeous!!! Apparantely, if we wanted to we could move in next week!!!

The only things left now are kitchen appliances, carpets, front landscaping which is already budgeted for, one of the sides of the pantry which needs to be shelved, the driveway was completed last week. So we're looking good so far!!

SOME pics, not good quality, but atleast something!!

ok we can't figure out what that black "thing" is on the roof tiles? Is that a really horrible cover up?!?!

Driveway!!!

Front door from inside

Finally the correct toilet is in

hallway from front door to kitchen/meals/lounge

How conveniently is that ladder sitting in place of some gorgeous shelving, hopefully this is fixed next time we visit the house.

The tradies have been using and misusing the kitchen bench for work and now we have very visible scratches!!!!! Do we have many options??
Hey tarleaf! Can't believe how fast your build has been!!! Wowzers! You started 4.5mths after we did and are now infront!! Crazy!!! Had to laugh - you 'temp front door' is our upgraded front door! Haha! Expensive temp door! Love the curvy one you've picked, never seen one like that before!!!
your house looks very nice love your colours,I think they need to replace bench top
When my daughter built her unit same thing happened, lucky she had a nice builder
who replaced it
Hey AV, yes we've been really lucky with choosing this builder!! They did slow down a bit last month towards the end, I guess they figured they have plenty of time to finish the build off heh! LOL @ the door! I actually really liked the makeshift door they'd used! It makes sense why now! haha. Boyfriend has chosen the curvy one since not many people had this door!! It's growing on me slowwlllyy! I can't wait till it's all built now so we can start decorating!!

Pattycake - thank you very much
And yeah, I hope they do replace it cos even a crappy blackberry camera could capture those scratches!!! Grrrr.
Looking good there.. Almost in!!!

As for the scratches, the builder will need to buff those out for you. If they have damaged them, they're responsible for fixing the damage.

I take a spare pair of shoes with me when i visit the house as I've been caught out with the muddy shoes before too.
I just throw them in a shopping bag and leave them in my boot.

Your house is coming along nicely.

- Juz
looking fabulous guys! sorry about those shoes
Thanks guys.

Carpets are laid!!! And they look gorgeous.
Heating and aircon's in!
A bit of front landscaping is done too.

Now just a final walkthrough and it's not too long to go!!!

Will update with pics later on.
Tarleaf
Thanks guys.

Carpets are laid!!! And they look gorgeous.
Heating and aircon's in!
A bit of front landscaping is done too.

Now just a final walkthrough and it's not too long to go!!!

Will update with pics later on.

Woohoo!!!
Thought I'd do a quick update:

We did have our PCI early last week and everything went well. the main things that need to be fixed are related to the poor paint work around the house. And one of the shower doors not opening/closing properly.

Other than that, very shmick!!!

Bf's in no hurry to move in, so will be waiting for all the fences and security systems to be installed before the move.

So all in all, the build journey is almost at the end!!! Now to the fun part of decorating which I'm really looking forward to!!!
Related
8/11/2023
Our house was beautiful until Distinctive Homes destroyed ou

General Discussion

of course there are legal avenues. You've already mentioned it. Sue them. I find it odd that lawyers wouldnt be willing to take on the case, given CCT evidence and…

22/01/2024
Builder connecting our new toilet for his trades

Bathrooms and Laundry

"Losers" "humanity" "off time" "your" "top notch" "love symbol" Sounds like ponzo is done using other people's toilets

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum