Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building our dream home in Adelaide-Decorating :)

Page 15 of 15
Wow theresa, thats pretty good. I hope they quote us similar. They're coming out on Thursday. We did heaps of site prep work yesterday with the bob cat to level out our land etc and thinking now just to concrete the driveway and pave the rest. I do personally like the look of paving and seeing it wont be high traffic area paving will be ok. I think as well we have to wait to put our retaining walls in due to next door so we'll postpone the sides and back for a while but get the quarry rubble in and set to eliminate too much dirt.
Good luck with your move (it's exhausting or is that just excitement overload
) and happy birthday for Sunday!!
Good Luck with moving, I hope it all goes smoothly for you
All the best for your move, hope your concrete quote worked out.
thanks, im so over concreters, the big P was meant to come at 10am yesterday and i called at 11 when he hadnt rocked up and said he was still another hour away. grrr. told him to come and ill leave him a plan as i had to get to work. Im having no luck with them at all!

Electrician there this morning installing more powerpoints (or changing to doubles) and putting up my light fittings. Carpet being installed this arvo too! YAY
newbuilder1
thanks, im so over concreters, the big P was meant to come at 10am yesterday and i called at 11 when he hadnt rocked up and said he was still another hour away. grrr. told him to come and ill leave him a plan as i had to get to work. Im having no luck with them at all!

Electrician there this morning installing more powerpoints (or changing to doubles) and putting up my light fittings. Carpet being installed this arvo too! YAY

Hi there! I thought i would add my advice about the concreting - i have pm-ed a few people about our guy as he charges $55 per m, and extra $10-13 for coloured. We are having grey driveway and paths out the front, but once we get to the side gates we will use plain concrete - cheaper and we hope cooler - I have seen it and it doesn't look weird which I thought it may....so let me know if you want details. I have other contacts that are about the same price too. I think $85 p/m is a builders price, not a direct to the concreter price...

hoipe it helps

n
Thanks Noelz,

Well still no cigar on concreting so getting DP footy mate around tonight to price paving as he will probably do a good deal if we help him with it. Couldnt believe he is coming only 24hours after our phonecall and still have not heard back from ANY concreters.

SO WE HAVE MOVED IN!!!!!
Im loving it but not loving the boxes and lack of furnitue. We have TV now which a blessing and the splash back went in Monday and lights were in on Friday. I will post pics tomorrow as dont have much time today.

Carpets also look amazing!. So soft.
OUr other lounge is being delivered on Saturday, hoping to buy letterbox and washing maching on long weekend as I have another 3 days off next week to get settled. Just missing the dining table which wont be here til November.

Better go and purchase some bar stools off ebay as only have the couch to eat on and not too comfortable with eating pasta off a brand new couch.
Congratulations on moving in
I am sure it won't be long before you are all unpacked and it feels like home !!

Not good news about the concreters
Just realised I havent posted on my own thread for over a month oops.

Well we've been in for a month now and slowly getting there. Unpacked my last box yesterday

Sorry Ive been really slack with photos, still have no internet and internet at work wont let me upload to photobucket but on the phone to telstra now to get it all connected so I can have internet at home.

Inside is now done a few more things to do more decorating wise but all the big things are done. Laundry hopefully gets fitted this week so thatll be nice. Also paving on the driveway should start this week (weather pending) who would have thought we would still be at the mercy of the weather gods?

After all my rants and raves re concreters we ended up going for paving, turned out much cheaper too (luckily we know someone in the trade) so will be nice to not walk dirt all through the house.

3 month maintainance is up in a couple of weeks and only have 3 things on the list. a leaking toilet and the kitchen outlet pipe - only picked this up yesterday. Looks like someone put a massive hole in it and just siliconed it back together now thats coming off so leaking water. also 1 item from handover still hasnt been fixed (re-align all windows and doors). all in all pretty happy.
Yay ... lucky you not too much wrong. Look forward to seeing some of your "moved in" pics ... I haven't taken many either since moving in ... must get my finger out!
Just signed up on the forums and found this thread. It's been really great reading it and seeing the progress you have had. We are building the Lyndhurst so it's funny to look at the photos you have taken of your house as it gives us a good sneak peak minus the 4th bedroom. Looking forward to seeing more pictures once you've settled down and got it how you like it!
Hey there, just thought I'd check in and see how everything is going? It's been a while since there's been an update!

Have you guys settled in now?
hey Keykens,

Sorry I know I havent updated for AGES! still around but mainly snooping hehe.

All going ok, front yard has been completed and now pretty established. Had all the major back landscaping done (done 2 levels of bluestone rocks) and done the paving and laid some grass then we hit the dreaded neighbour issue!

We are currently seeking legal advise but basically they have built 1m higher then us so are responsible for 80% cost of a MUCH NEEDED retaining wall but are not coming to the party. say they have no money so unfortunately everything else has been put on hold because of this retaining wall (not to mention the flooding down the side of our house because of their lack of stormwater catchment and not being able to pave down the side so hoping not too much damage is being done to our slab.

In the meantime been busy planning our wedding and doing bits and pieces. Still not 100% happy with my decorating but im leaving that to not having the money to spend.

Overall happy with the house but a couple of little things im not happy with the finishes but just need to have some time to spend fixing it up (to my standard) and Ill be happy.

Hope all is going well with you?
Related
24/12/2023
Garage builder, Adelaide

General Discussion

Building a new home, and looking for a garage builder (home builder not contracted to do this). Someone to build steel garage (double), colorbond, including supply and…

3/03/2024
Cost to pre wire home for smart home system with builder

Lighting + Lighting Design

We already paid for somfy motors for the blinds. The quote above was purely for “pre-wiring” so the blinds company can install the motors and blinds. That’s why we…

9/05/2023
what to add for energy efficiency building volume home

Eco Living

go upvc window frames ensure insulation under colorbond. not just sarking, lighter color roof also not sure if you have seen this viewtopic.php?t=5823 last couple of pages…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum