Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building a Waldorf or Marriot by Porter Davis

Page 19 of 419
Hey JPZ we were told otherwise and charged us $135 psm for porcelain tiles. Carpet was included as standard. ripped off
Yes. We kicked up a fuss because National Tiles refuse to put tiles in the area and Hopetoun refused to carpet it, both claiming its not their responsibility. In the end, my CSC found out it was meant to be tiles based on our promo.
Hmm, but maybe yours is a different promotion? I don't know. But I reckon we were overcharged for many things too.
JPZ
puppyso
Dear fellow waldorfers,

I have just come across a problem with the waldorf roof trusses. At electrical I had informed PD that I will be hanging a chandelier near the stair case void. I was just informed that I cannot add any more weight on the roof trusses because it has Not been designed to accommodate a chandelier!!! The display home's roof trusses had been designed to accommodate the additional weight but the standard waldorf roof trusses are not designed to accommodate the weight.

Is anyone else hanging light pendants or chandeliers near the stair case voids?

I will have to call my CSA tomorrow and ask why I was not informed at electrical or at the contract appointment.

Just thought everyone should know there is this problem. Additional weight can lead to bowing of the roof truss.

cheers
pup

Hey pups,

Whats the update on this? Has anyone else encountered this problem. We too asked for extra noggin in the stair void for a chandelier. Would be quite upset if it can't be done.

Will ask my SS during our walk thru next week but just want to find out if anyone else has this issue and what PD has done...

Hi JPZ,

My CSA informed me on Thursday that she has brought this up to management and I am waiting for her to get back to me. My SS did not realise there was this problem either, I had to email my CSA so it's best to check with your CSA instead of your SS.

I'll provide update once I hear from my CSA.

cheers
pup
JPZ
Yes. We kicked up a fuss because National Tiles refuse to put tiles in the area and Hopetoun refused to carpet it, both claiming its not their responsibility. In the end, my CSC found out it was meant to be tiles based on our promo.
Hmm, but maybe yours is a different promotion? I don't know. But I reckon we were overcharged for many things too.

Hi JPZ/tstr1a
We had the "complete promo" so tiles were included in the cloak and store. We were charged $55/sqm for the porcelain tiles 600x600. I hope the tilers will do a good job because we spent a lot on upgrading the tiles.

Does anyone know what is the minimum grout width we can have for the porcelain tiles?

thanks
pup
We had the complete promo as well. I checked the working drawings and its carpet is standard
Guys there is a new waldorf display opening on the 27th in the south east - cranbourne
Got a call from my dad today telling me that he spoke to the framer and the frame/roof trusses will be completed by the end of the day. Just check PD’s 24/7 and the frame has officially been completed. The framer’s have done are really good job as far as I can tell. The next thing I will need to organise is an independent inspection.

This week I’m hoping that gutters and roof tiles will be installed and the building is wrapped with sisalation. Once this is done the brickies can start.. YEEEPPPPIIIIEEEE!!!

I’m in the reverse situation to most home builders. I’m in no hurry for the house to be finished, but I won’t complain, I will have more time to do work on the landscaping and extending the alfresco.
congrats tstr1a on your smooth build!!

We are also in no rush to build our home either, although we did have 1 overhang issue and other small issues which are being addressed as we move along.

Hope to see more photo's from your build

cheers
pup
tstr1a
We had the complete promo as well. I checked the working drawings and its carpet is standard

someone must have done an oopsie for us
Hi Waldorfers,
Did anyone extend their fridge space? We extended ours to 1100mm on our sales consultant's advice and thought (and heard) nothing more of it. Received a call from my SS today saying that the stairs have gone in and the fridge plaster is jutting out. We got the traditional stairs option as per the Waldorf at Williams Landing. From his description, it sounds really ugly. He says its built exactly as per the plans but that it may not be what we are expecting and wanted to give us the heads up. We'll discuss it when we walk thru later this week.
Just wondering if anyone else had this issue/problem and how this can be addressed...
JPZ
Hi Waldorfers,
Did anyone extend their fridge space? We extended ours to 1100mm on our sales consultant's advice and thought (and heard) nothing more of it. Received a call from my SS today saying that the stairs have gone in and the fridge plaster is jutting out. We got the traditional stairs option as per the Waldorf at Williams Landing. From his description, it sounds really ugly. He says its built exactly as per the plans but that it may not be what we are expecting and wanted to give us the heads up. We'll discuss it when we walk thru later this week.
Just wondering if anyone else had this issue/problem and how this can be addressed...

I spoke to the sales consultant at Williams Landing and he recommended not to increase the cavity coz it outlook odd Plus u would need extra support for the staircase. Can u post a pic?
JPZ
Hi Waldorfers,

we had extended our fridge space too but we also upgraded our staircase to contemporary opt 2, so not sure if it will be the same as yours. If you have a look at my blog there is a photo of the staircase, it doesn't seem like the fridge plaster is jutting out. I will post another photo of the fridge space /stair case area for your ref.

cheers pup
Hey Pups,

How much did you extend the fridge space by? Also, did you take space from the dry pantry in order to extend the fridge space?

Cheers
Just received framing invoice
tstr1a
Hey Pups,

How much did you extend the fridge space by? Also, did you take space from the dry pantry in order to extend the fridge space?

Cheers

I thought there was only the one option which was to extend it to 1450mm (plastered). That was the only option which my sales consultant provided to me. We had to sacrifice some pantry space and also our galley
just received fixing invoice, the guys better have completed the fixing stage! errrrrrrgh

The receivable departments is truly extremely efficient.
puppyso
tstr1a
Hey Pups,

Cheers

I thought there was only the one option which was to extend it to 1450mm (plastered). That was the only option which my sales consultant provided to me. We had to sacrifice some pantry space and also our galley
/quote]

I was told the same, but didn't do it
Hi,
Snuck in yesterday to take these pics. Really not happy. It was the sales consultant who suggested we extend the fridge space. At no point was it made known to us that it will look like this.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

It looks hideous!!! Any suggestions? What is the standard width for the fridge space? Maybe I'll just ask them to revert to the original. Or try capping it on top somehow... Argh!!!
I see what you mean now. The fridge will stick out from the side of the staircase. To be honest I’ve upgraded the staircase to contemporary option 1 and I still don’t really know how it’s going to look. PD doesn’t provide us with detailed staircase drawings. You would have picked this up in the drawings if you had them.
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

9/05/2023
what to add for energy efficiency building volume home

Eco Living

go upvc window frames ensure insulation under colorbond. not just sarking, lighter color roof also not sure if you have seen this viewtopic.php?t=5823 last couple of pages…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum