Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

new owner builder queries

Page 1 of 1
hi all,

we're "new" owner builders and we've finally started the construction of our double story house. eventhough we're getting lots of help and advice from my dad (and everyone else in our families) who is in demolition and helped out with this part of the construction, we're still trying to be the decision makers...

saying that, we're still learning all the building terminologies and the building process and we're gladly taking all the advice we can get on this first project of ours...so can someone please tell us who should be marking out the footings, piers and peg out of the house plan from the engineers report after the surveyor has completed the "set out"?

hope we don't sound too naive, appreciate all your advice and feedback!
After the compaction is done to spec, then the grano will setout the slab with stringlines and a digger might be used to
dig the majority of the footings, then the rest by hand.
thanx for that info...but don't we need to hire someone specific to actually mark out points to where the footings and piers/pegs will be dug out from? we know the surveyor we hired won't do this but we're not sure what the tradie name is for the person that will do these markings, so we're not sure who to call...
Related
1/10/2023
Queries on Rainwater Harvesting

General Discussion

There is a whole lot more to know than just the answers you seek but they are a good start. Overflow outlets have a mosquito proof mesh. These…

28/09/2023
NEW BUILD - HIA - BUILDER GROUNDS TO TERMINATE IF OWNER DOES

Building A New House

Sorry but you have a crap builder. Probably too late now. For our last build I only spoke to builders who would allow me easy access (at no cost). I used my own sparky…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum