Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Riverwalk @Werribee

Page 5 of 8
Thanks for your help Susan!
So you had no problem getting the crossover relocated and you were able to choose the concreters to do it?

It's pretty much our only option as all the Henley designs that suit our needs have been designed with the living areas behind the garage which means they will always be facing south

Hopefully it all goes to plan.
Who are you building with?
You need to get a road opening permit from the council and they will give you a quote if a tree needs to be moved, then you just pay them and the concreter should be able to look after the rest. I haven't had mine done yet as I don't want it to get damaged during the construction. But it's scheduled for the two weeks the builder is closed over Xmas. I'm building with 8 homes on Focal Rd. Slab this week if I'm lucky!
Whereabouts are you?
We are on Timbarra, lot 144. Congratulations! We can't wait to have our slab down, that way we know it's actually happening!
How did you go with it Landowner? Did everything get resolved? I hope it did!
It's still being trial sited to see if the house fits that way... They are taking their time though.
Fingers crossed!
Did they enforce the crossover relocation or did you get around it?
Stage two (our stage) has been released to Wyndham city council and they said yes to moving it pretty much straight away. But of course we have to pay for the tree and all that haha. But I haven't got the permit yet, not until we know the build fits and is going ahead.
I haven't done mine yet... But it seems quite straightforward. If you have at least 7m between the old crossover and the new one the council will let you leave the old one open.
My slab finally went down on Monday and they think they'll get the frame up this week if the weather holds out... Finally!!
Wow congratulations! I'll have to look our for it. Lucky you! Haha looks like ours won't be going down for a while.
Hi everyone, has anyone had to deal with the places vic office? I'm trying to contact them and they are by far the worst people to deal with. Left countless messages and never a replied to my phone calls or emails. Really starting to get frustrated.
I emailed someone when they knocked back my house design and received an email within two days. I called Brad in sales and he gave me the best person to contact. Also, Henley have now managed to flip our house design so we don't have the south facing problem. Have to get crossover moved which isn't an issue. Now to do a second pre approval with Places Vic and see what else they knock back lol.
Congrats! It's starting to move along. My place is at lock up now... Can't wait until I can move in.
I spoke to brad as well and I've been trying to contact that person but nothing....

Soozyb, your house is coming along really really fast we drive past it almost every time we are down there! Your house is massassiveeeeee!!!

Our house is almost complete... Still looking on this side of the year.
That's great news for both of you! So jealous haha. I haven't been down for a while, might have to come down and snoop on everyone's houses.
Congrats Johnno! Yeah I can't believe how massive it is. I got a bit carried away with that one

Cleaning it will be fun!
Where is it again? I'll have a look for it in the next few days
who did you build with? I'm being lazy and not scrolling through the comments
Rachel, when are you starting to build??? Would be good to see some houses built on our side of Timbarra! I'm feeling abit lonely on this side.
Focal Road.... It's and eight homes monstrosity.
Haha can't wait to check it out!
Hi all

Good to see some people building in Riverwalk, we bought a block in first release (Canopy Way) and we have been extremely unfortunate to buy at the worst possible time as blocks there are now worth $80,000 less and we haven't been able to build there.
Planning to build there soon but hardly any progress there in the last few years which has kept us away from the area. Good to see at least some people are starting to build which gives us hope that there will soon be some activity.
Related
You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum