Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Riverwalk @Werribee

Page 1 of 8
How do you think about the new development "Riverwalk" introduced by VicUrban?

http://www.vicurban.com/cs/Satellite?c=VPage&cid=1285731030539&pagename=VicUrban%2FLayout&site=VicUrban
Depends on what aspects you are asking about and what your priorities are.
Location is great for access to Melbourne etc.
Seems like the builders like it as I have just noticed that a google search of it brings up House and Land packages ready to go.
There's a facebook page for it, and the Masterplan on the website looks pretty good too.

What exactly do you mean "how do you think about it"?
I love it...great parks, bike tracks, shops, cafes, all accessible from my house on the other side of the road on my 1100 sqm block...

In all seriousness should be a nice little precinct...couple of things:

Public transport is a biatch, and I'm not sure of the current governments stand on the outer Werribee ring rail proposed by Labor.

Morning traffic Werribee bound is stuffed...hits a bottleneck of complicated intersections and rail crossings which makes getting to the station a pain...OK for city access as you go the other way to get onto freeway. This development plus a number of other ones coming up are going to make it worse.

But if you are serious I'd get in early because as soon as it starts to get developed prices will escalate steeply...based on previous experience with Werribee/Wyndham Vale/Point Cook area.
Sorry to bring an old topic up but is anyone building here?
I'm also curious about this area. There are lots of cheap house and land packages popping up. The new Riverwalk Village Park sounds amazing and will cost $4 million to build by the end of this year. Good access to the freeway but as mentioned public transport would suck.

Also it's near the sewerage treatment plant. Don't know if people will find this crap (pun intended).
Yeah the treatment plant is near the coast prob about 5 kms away. I've been there a few times and found that there was no smell what so ever. I had a chat with a few people who have already moved in and they are so happy with the place they wouldn't go anywhere else.

Also had a chat with city west water and they said its very strict in they way they control the smell. I think it's much worse driving past the ring road princess freeway interchange. Prideham the organic recyclers makes that area smell like there's a sewerage outbreak.
Hi All!! I am both a builder and resident at Riverwalk! Although still in its early stages, the estate looks very promising! A great water park is being built as we speak, there is a great selection of land - unlike other estates there is a great mix of some big blocks and small blocks suiting any budget. This estate has allowed us to really push some great custom designed homes! We are only a small builder, but soon to start our 4th construction in the estate with a few others in the pipeline. If you want some further info either on the land side, as a resident, or the construction side as a builder, feel free to contact me
Eddie - Elegant Living Projects eddie@elegantprojects.com.au
Anyone else building here? or are residence in this new estate?
Hi John, resident and builder here
Would love to know how you go with everything
Eddie
Hi, I'm having some trouble getting building approval at Riverwalk with all their design standards... Any tips?
Thanks, Susan
Hi Susan, are you owner building or have a builder?
Hi Eddie, I've got a builder just trying to get an approval now
Hi Susan, sorry unfortunately not much I can do on my side.
. My only word of advice is just make sure your builder is doing what Riverwalk require and persist!
Thanks will do
soozyb
Hi, I'm having some trouble getting building approval at Riverwalk with all their design standards... Any tips?
Thanks, Susan

Hi Susan!

I'm having the same problem. PlacesVic isn't coming to the party. We even had a pre approval done and now the lady who did the pre approval has left they will not honer the pre approval! I wouldn't have gone this far unless things were pre approved before we even chose a plan. So difficult!

Good Luck! We're on Timbarra Drive. Where are you?
Hi Johnno! I'm almost the same as you. We were all good to go now they've got a new architect who is focussing on different parts of the guidelines. It looks like the best option now is to relocate the crossover. Arghhh! I'm on Focal Rd. I would've jumped ship as well if the land hadn't already settled. I've also noticed their list of builders on the website has disappeared... Not a good sign. Good luck with it! If you have any success I'd love to hear about it. Cheers
John and Susan,

Find out if you are having issues with the FTTH requirements or the actual plan requirements. The plans are (were) the easy side of things, it's the FTTH requirements that takes a little more persistance. Once you have that down pat, approval becomes easier (not easy) but easier

I will be submitting another design to the guidelines team sometime this week, so I will let you know how we go.

P.s. The FTTH rules changed YET AGAIN recently. Have your builder contact the estates DSO or the FTTH enquiries desk for more info.

Good Luck!

If there are other owners looking at building at Riverwalk, please PM me!
Elegant Living
John and Susan,

Find out if you are having issues with the FTTH requirements or the actual plan requirements. The plans are (were) the easy side of things, it's the FTTH requirements that takes a little more persistance. Once you have that down pat, approval becomes easier (not easy) but easier

I will be submitting another design to the guidelines team sometime this week, so I will let you know how we go.

P.s. The FTTH rules changed YET AGAIN recently. Have your builder contact the estates DSO or the FTTH enquiries desk for more info.

Good Luck!

If there are other owners looking at building at Riverwalk, please PM me!

Hi Eddie,

How recently has the FTTH designs changed? I know you've got a few properties in RW they look great too. You've prob seen me stalking the place haha I'm there almost every day just checking out whats happening. This is so frustrating. Everything is pretty much set to go!!! I really don't want to go down the path of relocating the Crossover. The driveway where it is makes sense (ours is shared with a neighbour which is still vacant) Feel free to find me a neighbour Eddie haha

Just an update on our previous situation, Val came through at a much much better price than what the previous bank.

I'll keep you posted on what happens with our plans.
Hi John,

The new FTTH guidelines were issued around mid Feb, however notification wasn't given until I had applied for another job. Had the notes changed and then approved straight after!

Always on the look out for neighbours for everyone!!

Great to hear at least some great news come through in relation to $$ !!

Always a pleasure to have you 'stalk' it makes sure that I can get our company name out there
In saying that, we have just started another job, enjoy stalking

Eddie
Hi All,
I have the updated FTTH requirements, the issue is the passive solar design as all the living areas on the house are on the opposite side that they need to be and so flipping requires the crossover relocation...
I'm hoping to submit early next week as well so hopefully it is good news...
Susan
Related
You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum