Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Plumbers, concreters, enlighten me please, what is this for?

Page 1 of 1
We went down yesterday to our freshly laid slab to check if there was any issues after the torrential rain from Friday.
Everything seems to look ok, nice and smooth, square, i'm no expert on slabs but it looks ok, no flaky bits or anything.
What we did find was this

Under where one of the vanity basins will be.
Can anybody enlighten me to what it's for and if it's supposed to be there (might seem s stupid question but you never know)
We have been forwarded the tax invoice so the builder is expecting their cheque this week, don't really want to ask the SS what it is because he might BS to me and have a go for being onsite when we're not supposed to be.
Thanks
That is a 'block out' are you having a bath?
When it is re-instated it should be termite treated ( termimesh or other method)

They might have the wrong waste, but check before you say anything, they might think you are checking up on them....
Ok if you know what you are talking about.... but if you are wrong and you have 'attitude' and since slab is stage 1 or 2
you have a long way to go! If it is wrong don't bite their bum there is no major issue, just a bit more work to do.
onc_artisan
That is a 'block out' are you having a bath?

No bath in the ensuite (but i'd take one if they put one in
)

onc_artisan
When it is re-instated it should be termite treated ( termimesh or other method)

They might have the wrong waste, but check before you say anything, they might think you are checking up on them....
Ok if you know what you are talking about.... but if you are wrong and you have 'attitude' and since slab is stage 1 or 2
you have a long way to go! If it is wrong don't bite their bum there is no major issue, just a bit more work to do.

Wise words, I don't want to get them offside (as much as I already may have), and I don't want them to think i'm checking u[ on them (even though I am
)

The main bathroom with the bath is in the front bathroom, so it may be a mistake?

In the ensuite we're having two basins, a shower and toilet, this sits under where one of the basins will be and there is no 'block out' in the main bathroom.
Ooops
onc_artisan
Ooops

Thanks LOL

So what should I say then??

A lay-person with no idea about building a house....

Thanks for your help
any chance you have a set of 'shop drawings'?
There might be a set of plans called 'Footings & slad detail' or words to that effect.
You could see what the details says, if there is an error then now would be a good time to fix it for sure.
How long has the slab been down for ?
onc_artisan
any chance you have a set of 'shop drawings'?
There might be a set of plans called 'Footings & slad detail' or words to that effect.
You could see what the details says, if there is an error then now would be a good time to fix it for sure.
How long has the slab been down for ?

Unfortunately I can't find one of those, i'll be on the phone tomorrow

Thanks for your help, really appreciate it
Related
21/10/2023
Concreters vs landscapers?

Landscape & Garden Design

If you organise it yourself make you get any prelays done under the concrete before you start. It's often handy to put in a couple of 90mm sleeves across your driveway so…

25/05/2023
Knockdown build in Heidelberg area - recommendations please

Building A New House

Hi We have finally decided to complete a KDR on our corner plot in NE Melbourne suburbs. Given its a corner plot approx. 400 sqm just a standard design may not fit the…

8/06/2023
Paint colour help please

General Discussion

Thankyou so much 😀 I've decided on White on white for doors and trims, White on white 50% on ceiling and Mt buller for walls. Fingers crossed it will look OK 😀

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum