Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building our dream home.. walls no longer bare!

Page 55 of 56
Yay!!!

I haven't purchased the couch yet, but we have so far purchased the dining table. They will all be delivered the end of the month!!
Will post pics as soon as it is all done !!
VJ
Quote:
I prefer the lighter colour on its own - in fact it is what I would love to have in my home BUT we are also having a dark chocolate coloured lounge suite and we already have a dark chocolate timber dining table so we will be getting a dark chocolate coloured TV unit so it all matches.

so, we will have the same then!

hmm... can't wait to see your furnitures!!!

what a coincidence!!! we have on order a dark chocolate leather chaise, 8 seater square chocolate dining setting and chocolate bar stools. I really wanted it to match, and because the entire house is white (white walls, white tiles) I thought to break up the colour and make some contrast.

so go for the dark chocolate colour scheme - it will look awesome!! anyone else doing the same??
ok, i finally managed to upload the photos of our wood carvings beautifully hanged on 3 of our walls..

1st one.. the biggest one.. along the ground floor hallway just in front of our study area:

can you see the damage on this one? i just noticed it when i was editing the photos! it's the lower right-hand side of the 2nd frame from the left. notice that the timber has a darker shade on it? DH tried sanding it off to make it a bit lighter.. some turned lighter, but not all.. we realised it's the timber itself that's a bit dark on that side. but that's fine, it's a big bargain anyway and it's not noticable when you first look at it.

a few steps from that that... to the right is our dining area:

OMG, i realised that we've been here in our new house for almost 6 months and we still have Redi-shade blinds!

and even our lights have those ugly china man's hat (is that what they're called?)
that's the result of the economic crisis..

even the table doesn't have anything on top of it. but because it's my favourite Pyramid table, it's more than enough for me.
we will put a buffet table just below the frames in the same dark timber veneer as the table. feature colour - undecided whether to go for a green or burnt orange colour.

time to go upstairs... Leisure area hallway:

can't see any obvious defect with this one.

so which one do you like (if any
)?
Oooo I like them all!!! I think my favourite is the last one - in the leisure area!

I see you decided to do the timber floors up there - they look great!!

Your dining table is devine!!

Don't worry about the redishades they don't even look bad!!

I love your house so much!!
VJ, they all look really good!! A shame about the big one, but oh well, it still looks stunning! Theyre very well placed too!

Weve been in our house 1.5 months and our blinds and downlights were done within the 3 weeks after handover!!
thanks VJ for the details
King Furniture seem to have a lot of intreresting styles
Will check them out
Quote:
Oooo I like them all!!! I think my favourite is the last one - in the leisure area!

I see you decided to do the timber floors up there - they look great!!

Your dining table is devine!!

Don't worry about the redishades they don't even look bad!!

I love your house so much!!

Bel, we have the same fave... that's my best choice. if the price wasn't cheap, we were supposed to buy that one only. but i think nobody voted for that one? i like it because of the copper tone to it. it looks great with the timber floor upstairs and burnt orange feature wall we have in the Leisure.

I wish we can get rid of the Redi-shades within this month.. but our priority is the entertainment unit
.. and the lights... and the cabinetry in the mud room.. and the fridges.. and the... there's a long list of things that need to be done. so it should be one at a time.

So next time it's going to be you who would post photos of your artworks!

Quote:
VJ, they all look really good!! A shame about the big one, but oh well, it still looks stunning! Theyre very well placed too!

Weve been in our house 1.5 months and our blinds and downlights were done within the 3 weeks after handover!!

S&P, don't make me jealous for having blinds and downlights for just a few weeks after handover!

I guess it was your priority. We did a lot of things post-handover.. like floor coverings, driveway, alfresco, etc.
Also, up to now I'm undecided on which window covering to use. We're torn between plantation shutters, sheers, roman blinds, etc. Even the lights, I couldn't finalise my choice! We've been to different shops, even online! But I haven't found the right chandelier (for our stairwell), pendant lights (for the kitchen benchtop and dining area), etc. I think I need to post my dilemma here so others would help us choose.
See we are too alike!!
Last one is my favourite for sure! It goes perfectly with the floors!

Yes please post your lighting dilemma, I love looking at your selections!
I missed all ur paintings - All of them look great but my favourite is ur first one
Stunning As for redi shades even they look pretty good. So would not worry about it at all.
Quote:

Hands off to DH for hanging the frames perfectly!

Quote:
See we are too alike!! Last one is my favourite for sure! It goes perfectly with the floors!

Yes please post your lighting dilemma, I love looking at your selections!

I think so! we even have the same greenish mosaic tiles in the ensuite (is it your ensuite?
)

yes, might have to post my lighting dilemma soon... really hate the china man's hat that we currently have
i checked at Bunnings, it's approx $12 each! why would they pay $12 for those ugly light fittings? only to be replaced by homeowners? hmm.. now I'm thinking - what if I post them on eBay?

Quote:
I missed all ur paintings - All of them look great but my favourite is ur first one
Stunning As for redi shades even they look pretty good. So would not worry about it

that was my 2nd choice
love the design, unfortunately, there's a defect that is only obvious when you really look on it from afar. so i guess, hanging it in the Hallway area is a good thing.. you won't notice the defect at all, unless you sit from the study area and look every detail of it.

yes, i guess Redi shades look good from outside too! even our neighbours weren't aware that they are made of paper! that must be the reason why that's one of our last priority. though would love to put in proper coverings to the bi-folds and sliding doors, as these are currently covered with big rolls of paper (scrap from DH's work). can't use redi-shade for bi-folds.
Well done DH

Yep our green mosaics are in powder room, bathroom and ensuite!!
Just beautiful, VJ! I love the last one - def my favourite, too!!!
You have redishades after 6 months, we have MUD everywhere!!!!
As they say "It won't happen overnight, but it will happen"!!!!!!!!!!!
all of them look fab VJ!!... but i also love the last one more!

I know which store you are talking, we went in there once around 8 months ago but didnt find any good bargains and so i dismissed it afterwards. It looks like I need to go there again
they all look gorgeous VJ.
very welldone to your DH for hanging them so straigh, and so QUICKLY!!!! I had mine sitting on the floor for about 5 weeks before DH finally put it up for me, and it is really crooked!!! from left to right they go high, lower, lowest
(I am waiting for my dad to come and fix it.)

Still love the first one best. You can hardly notice the different coloured wood, and you can always say it's just a natural defect in the timber
They all look great!! I think the last ones my favourite one though!
looks like we made a great decision to buy those wood carvings!

Quote:
Well done DH

Yep our green mosaics are in powder room, bathroom and ensuite!!

yep.. i told DH how precise his measurements were.. that he was able to hang the frames at exactly the same intervals! i think it took him 30 minutes per wall.. not too bad.

gosh bel, really.. i love your green mosaic tiles!!!!!!!! now i'm thinking of ripping our mirrors in the ensuite, bath and powder to put some mosaic tiles underneath the mirror (same as yours). that will have to wait though.. but definitely, we will do it a few years from now (say, 20 years?
).

Quote:
Just beautiful, VJ! I love the last one - def my favourite, too!!! You have redishades after 6 months, we have MUD everywhere!!!! As they say "It won't happen overnight, but it will happen"!!!!!!!!!!!

petal, i like that quote
i guess we're not alone. we still have mud in the backyard, as we only concreted the alfresco and the back of the garage (just to be able to go out of the house and hang the clothes without having to tip toe due to the muddy area). i hope we have the proper window coverings by 2010

Quote:
all of them look fab VJ!!... but i also love the last one more!

I know which store you are talking, we went in there once around 8 months ago but didnt find any good bargains and so i dismissed it afterwards. It looks like I need to go there again

MKR,
hmm.. another vote for the last one.. so if we didn't buy the other two and only bought that last one, then i guess you all would still like our choice!

well i guess you have to go back there now as they have heaps of artworks at the moment. there were lots of people buying stuff there last weekend. i guess it's the result of the economic crisis, people are looking for big bargains!

Quote:
they all look gorgeous VJ. very welldone to your DH for hanging them so straigh, and so QUICKLY!!!! I had mine sitting on the floor for about 5 weeks before DH finally put it up for me, and it is really crooked!!! from left to right they go high, lower, lowest (I am waiting for my dad to come and fix it.)

Still love the first one best. You can hardly notice the different coloured wood, and you can always say it's just a natural defect in the timber
they all look gorgeous VJ.
very welldone to your DH for hanging them so straigh, and so QUICKLY!!!! I had mine sitting on the floor for about 5 weeks before DH finally put it up for me, and it is really crooked!!! from left to right they go high, lower, lowest
(I am waiting for my dad to come and fix it.)

donuts, do you want us to drop by and fix it?
i think i remember what your wood carving looks like. they still have it there. i also liked it, but it was too small for our walls. we wanted bigger ones.
yes, the 1st one's defect, i think, is the natural grain of the timber. i also noticed some darkish shades in the fern one (2nd). i was thinking of painting some of the leaves in the 2nd one with some green paint... not all leaves, just the big ones. i haven't discussed with DH, but I was thinking about it this morning. what do you think?

Quote:
They all look great!! I think the last ones my favourite one though!

wow, another vote for the 3rd one! yeepee.. that's my fave too!

it's really good that we bought all of them at more than half the price.
otherwise, we would have just one set of wood carving - the 3rd one.
Hi VJ,

Love those timber carvings, they look gorgeous!
3rd one is my favourite too

OMG those timber floors are to die for
. I hope ours look as good as yours, ours will be more of red tones.

I think we have the same greenish mosaics in our ensuite, noticed some other people have it too. Just confirms that we all have good taste hehe
VJ
well i guess you have to go back there now as they have heaps of artworks at the moment. there were lots of people buying stuff there last weekend. i guess it's the result of the economic crisis, people are looking for big bargains!

we were actually out this entire weekend looking for bargains too
... ended up going to suite deals as well but didn't find any great artwork...
we did end up ordering a console for our entrance... a buffet and a new entertainment unit
..oh and bar stools and a rug runner for the entrance... so hopefully will be filling up the empty spaces in the house soon
I just read you thread from start to finish - your house is superb you should be so proud of it VJ
I adore your tiles absolutely beautiful..

As for the artwork I would have to go with the majority here and say the 3rd one is my favourite too..

Good luck with the light hunting!!
Quote:
Love those timber carvings, they look gorgeous!
3rd one is my favourite too

OMG those timber floors are to die for . I hope ours look as good as yours, ours will be more of red tones.

I think we have the same greenish mosaics in our ensuite, noticed some other people have it too. Just confirms that we all have good taste hehe

another vote for the 3rd one!
what sort of timber are going to have? jarrah?
so you're going to have greenish mosaics too! that's great!
looking forward to see that!

Quote:
we were actually out this entire weekend looking for bargains too ... ended up going to suite deals as well but didn't find any great artwork...
we did end up ordering a console for our entrance... a buffet and a new entertainment unit ..oh and bar stools and a rug runner for the entrance... so hopefully will be filling up the empty spaces in the house soon

MKR,
Suite Deals - is that the one in Richmond?
We went to that area (Natuzzi, Image, King, etc) a long time ago and wanted to go to the Suite Deals but didn't have the time. Probably we should have a look this weekend.
Wow, looking forward to see your furnitures!

Quote:
I just read you thread from start to finish - your house is superb you should be so proud of it VJ I adore your tiles absolutely beautiful..

As for the artwork I would have to go with the majority here and say the 3rd one is my favourite too..

I just read you thread from start to finish - your house is superb you should be so proud of it VJ
I adore your tiles absolutely beautiful..

belzey,
wow, i'm flattered - you took time to read my thread from start to finish!
i wonder how long did it take you to do that!
thanks, anyway.
up to now, no regrets with our tiles. really love it. our visitors never fail to mention how beautiful our tiles are!
oh, light hunting.. i wish i would finally find the lights that i like
Related
27/12/2023
‘Basement’ waterproofing bare bricks

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

to do it properly you need to dig out the garden and waterproof the outside of the wall. There are some products you can put on the face of the bricks but the water is…

22/05/2023
Urgent!!! Bathroom walls

General Discussion

Render your bathroom walls, two opinions versus the one, makes you wonder.

30/05/2023
Rendered cladding walls cracks

General Discussion

The spacing of the studs looks pretty large especially for a load bearing wall.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum