Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Heywood 25 by PD - Landscaping Complete

Page 3 of 3
great pics! love your deck and veranda ..hopefully this is how our deck will turn out when its complete and hope to have enough money for the merbu veranda at the end.
Team PD

Hi thegourou20,

The photos from stage one are looking amazing so far! The outdoor bench looks like it will be a great entertainment spot for spring/summer. The raised gardens and fresh herbs are looking great too. Let us know how they grow

Cheers, Ebony.

Thank you Ebony. Well, the vegies are growing wild without too much effort really apart from watering it from time to time. This was my first experience in growing my own vegies and I am quite happy with the results. It came obvious to me that I need to plan what I will grow a bit smarter as I really do not have that much space. :-l

Sir Snagger
Nice work. I really want a deck for my place when it's done, and the more I see of them here, the more i want one!

Thanks mate and yeah trust me it is totally worth it. We had some glimpse of sunshine and warm weather here in melbourne and sitting under the verandah felt so good. The bronze tint in the laserlite also bring an even warmer feel while being under it. =-)

Rudolf1980
Hijacked!lol

I know aye...how rude!!!
loll

baby bacchus

Hello, Just wanted to say that i
your pizza oven and the whole space you have created in your back area.

Would you be able to remember what colour you chose to do your exposed aggregate, our bricks are not too different to yours. We want to do the same finish to our place (of course once it's built) and i really like yours.

Thank you Bacchus.

Yep I actually do. The exposed aggregate mix I have used was the Burrindi mix from Mentone Pre Mix.

For more information click on the link below:

http://mentonepremix.com.au/products_topten.html

AE86
great pics! love your deck and veranda ..hopefully this is how our deck will turn out when its complete and hope to have enough money for the merbu veranda at the end.

Thanks AE86. Are you a toyota fan btw? hehe

I hope so for you. Like in my situation, I did not have the money either at the start. But I was patient. Also, I have the kind of philosophy of "do it once do it right". Sometime, it actually gives you the opportunity to appreciate what you are going through.

The painful step was actually to go through and organise the council approval but now it is over...
hey thegourou20

yeah mate toyota fan through and through! ...you needed council approval for that?
...how much did they sting for the approval and what hoops did you have to jump through?
AE86
hey thegourou20

yeah mate toyota fan through and through! ...you needed council approval for that?
...how much did they sting for the approval and what hoops did you have to jump through?

It depends upon the rules and regulations in place stipulated by your council.

In my case, I needed drawings for the verandah only as it is a covered structure attached to the house.

The application itself cost around $350 from what I remember.

The costly part is the drawings you have to submit with your application. I paid close to 2K for that. :-l
Hello Guys,

I have finally some good news. =-) I have managed to sort out my front yard after I have been fooled around by so many landscapers prior to Christmas promising me so many things they could not deliver.

Anyway, the most important thing now it is done and dusted. What's even better is that I have used a member on this forum itself to do it. His username is "Not So Good" but in fact he is very good...lol

I am very happy with what Aaron did for me and could not be happier. He pretty much transformed my front yard in a couple of days.

I will let the pictures below speak for themselves. What do you think?

Before (the concrete foundation for the retaining wall on that day):

After:

The only thing that is missing now in my opinion is some nice plants. I wanted to take my time to choose them.

Do you guys have some suggestions for me?
Nice job. Very impressive. Excellence through simplicity
I'm looking to get some Cordyline Choc Mints as I think they have a very unique colour to them. The whole Cordyline range is pretty good though if your after that sort of reedy plant.
thegourou20
Hello Guys,

I have finally some good news. =-) I have managed to sort out my front yard after I have been fooled around by so many landscapers prior to Christmas promising me so many things they could not deliver.

Anyway, the most important thing now it is done and dusted. What's even better is that I have used a member on this forum itself to do it. His username is "Not So Good" but in fact he is very good...lol

I am very happy with what Aaron did for me and could not be happier. He pretty much transformed my front yard in a couple of days.

I will let the pictures below speak for themselves. What do you think?

Before (the concrete foundation for the retaining wall on that day):

After:

The only thing that is missing now in my opinion is some nice plants. I wanted to take my time to choose them.

Do you guys have some suggestions for me?

Hi thegourou20,

It’s been a while since we’ve seen you on forum. Congratulations on the front yard, it’s really looking great, hopefully you’ll get some good suggestions out of the form for you to consider. Don’t forget you have your PD Rewards card which you can use at Plantmark. I look forward to hearing what you decide to go with. Cheers, Ebony
looks very good mate ,you must be happy with it ,also good work by the person who did it!
Related
15/06/2023
Excavation for landscaping

Building A New House

Hmmm, I have checked your past posts and it seems that you are in NSW, not WA as I had thought. It pays to show your State in your avatar. Retaining wall regulations…

18/09/2023
Home loan and landscaping change in price

Home Finance

Hi, you've probably already resolved this, however, Commbank will probably pay the funds to you after you send evidence the work is done regardless the change in the quotes.

2/08/2023
Pre-build landscaping considerations

Landscape & Garden Design

Ideally you would engage a landscaper to give you some insight what they may need in the space to make your vision come to life…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum