Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Where are your air conditioning controllers?

Page 1 of 1
Are your air conditioning controllers placed in areas where they can seen or are they kind of hidden?

I want to draw attention away from them so am thinking of placing them on not so obvious walls ... Or am I over-thinking this?
Hi blueblueblue - I replied on your fridge tap thread as well - it depends on the brand of the AC and the type of the controllers they supply - but these days they looks ok so no need to hide them.

We allowed for a conduit on the wall in the living area where we want the controller to sit. That's because we will get our AC installed after handover.

Do you know what AC are youg getting?
ours sits by the front door. its fairly flat and you don't notice it. this was so we could turn it on when we came in the door. (yes we could pre-program it but choose not to)
I hid mine on a book shelf; I don’t want it to be seen, not really a decorative item in my house.
I was considering hiding ours in the pantry or if they wouldn't do that maybe in the hallway to the bedrooms, rather than out in the living areas.
when I said that we have ours in the Living - I didn't mean in the Living room but in the open area - it's actually on a wall not visible from the Living at all.

We are currently looking for this type of AC and this is their control

http://www.intelligentlife.net.au/gen-i ... components
Nah, hide it. As Michelle said, it's not a decorative statement.

Ours is in the hallway to the kids' rooms, just round the corner from the kitchen/family room. Easy to reach when you need to, but out of sight.
The return air grille is there as well.
Mine is on a plain wall in the living room. I don't care about 'pretty' it's really more of a practical item. But then again I didn't choose to place it there.
Rear hallway - cannot be seen from any living areas - its above our Return Air - wrapped that that's hidden too!
Our thermostat/controls will be on the kitchen wall near our entry way. We've already got abour 4 light switches on that small section of wall so it'll be a bit cluttered but I'd rather it all in one area than strewn about plus it is a very central point in the house.
Ours is on wall of minor bedrooms/ bathroom/laundry hallway - not exactly hidden but not in a prominent place of house.
I dont recall choosing a place for it but this seems a good one.
Glad I'm not the only one thinking of hiding them
Hi Bagheera

We are getting a Daikin and are having 2 controllers. One upstairs and another one downstairs.
We wanted to hide them (should have been around the corner in a hallway, so pretty much out of sight). For reason's that were never explained though, they are in our family room, near the entry. Not sure why, but to be honest, it doesn't bother me in the slightest now.
The controllers need to be in a good place where they can accurately measure the temperature of the room. otherwise it may not be calibrated properly. In between the location of the return air and vent would be the best, where you get good air flow and is a representation of the temp in the room. Ie not directly under the diffuser/vent.
I am going to have mine on near the kitchen. Centre of the home, I come through it when I get home from the garage and from the front door.
I am going to place it on the front wall though, so when you walk in you have to turn to see it. Just so your eye isn't drawn to it.

Can't wait to have RC. today, killed me! arrr, I feel like I need a shower every hour!
Related
28/02/2024
Air-Conditioning Installers/Suppliers NSW Central Coast

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Anybody know any good and reasonably priced Air conditioning contractors/companies that could install a ducted air conditioning system in the Central Coast NSW for a small…

17/06/2023
How to remove ceiling air con vent?

General Discussion

How do you remove one of these ceiling air con vents? And is it possible to disconnect the duct joined to the vent from inside the house, without going into the roof cavity?

11/11/2023
Ducted air con zones

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hi all, sorting out the ducted air con for a 350sqm double story house. Does this placement sound reasonable to you? Also, I plan to have 6 zones I think. Living room…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum