Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building in Botanic Ridge - We are in!!!!!

Page 8 of 8
Here are some pics finally. I have looked through and realised my photos are all fairly average so I'll go take some good ones tomorrow!

We have had a few problems, but our site supervisor has been awesome and fixed everything we have brought to his attention. I can't say the same about our rep at Rawdon Hill, who is ..........., but anyway!

All that is left to do is carpet and connecting the downpipes, then all those little things that need to be fixed, like paint touch up and such. Hurry up people!!!!!

My pantry YAY!!

Kitchen.. before it was cleaned. They have fixed up some iffy tiling in here now.

Floorboards in the man cave - Just got put in yesterday!

Main bathroom. Note the horrible tap on the sink. They ordered a sink with only one hole and instead of consulting with us, just put that nasty thing in. They have been pretty good fixing problems though so far so hopefully this will be fixed soon!

Ensuite. Love it! Also a problem here... They originally forgot to do our extra high tiling as we are all giants in my family, I am 185cm, so they just tacked an extra 20cm on top, including the border which is staggered so it looked crap, but they fixed it! Problem now is they have also put a 20cm too short shower screen in. Will let the SS know on Monday and hopefully that will be fixed up quickly too.

Laundry - I love green. Husband thinks they are hideous, but I warned him that they were granny smith apple green and he said that was okay!
thanks for the pics everything looks fantastic, love your ensuite and pantry, I like the green Ive see a green couch that I want for the family room I think it will look great with the all white kitchen. I hope youll get the keys very soon.
Looking great! thanks for the pics.
When are you going to be in alkalised??? Any news yet?
We are getting pretty angry actually. We have only 8 days left in our rental and with 2 small children wanted plenty of changeover time but they still wont say when we can have keys. The final payment was transferred on Friday and probably the same so and so at the office as you have had the pleasure of dealing with says they haven't been advised of money arriving and will let us know. I wish they would just say hey guys we will arrange your appliances for Wednesday or something!!! I can't arrange anything without a date. Sorry for rant.
Well we have given notice on our rental... Have to be out by 24th of December... Very convenient hey!

House should be finished in approximately 2 weeks. We can't get in now as they have put the fly screens on and it's all locked up. Their inspector went through the house a couple of days ago, and there are little dots EVERYWHERE! Fingers crossed there will not be much when we go through!
hi Wertmezer... are you in your new home yet?
We are in!! Crazy few days. We have no phone reception or internet!!
CONGRATULATIONS
Finally the internet is connected.... Now for fences and driveways and things!

We are working on smashing away the lovely granite wall that is currently right in the middle of our garage door. Hoping to get it rebuilt. Does anyone know someone who builds granite retaining walls?
Some piccies.... Not much going on yet!

Our lovely bedroom... Note the stylish curtains! (Shutters are coming)

First junk mail in the temporary letter box!

This is not our house, but it's the type of fence we want for the side!

New dining table!

TV got wall mounted yesterday... Cords will go in the wall when we get the TV unit.

Our spectacular deck we built!

The deck is made from Ekodeck... It is half bamboo and half recycled plastic bags. I wanted an alternative to merbau that is better for the environment!
looking fantastic. You must be so pleased.
Related
9/05/2023
what to add for energy efficiency building volume home

Eco Living

go upvc window frames ensure insulation under colorbond. not just sarking, lighter color roof also not sure if you have seen this viewtopic.php?t=5823 last couple of pages…

11/05/2023
Building duplex at the hills council area

Building A New House

Even if it's not being sub-divided and you want to keep it as Torrens title, you will still need to talk to a town planner or Council themselves, to see if they will allow…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum