Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

DFH Hartley 341 in SE burbs

Page 4 of 4
finshing touches done. Yet to be completed, skylight, wooden floors, whirlybirds, driveway, flyscreens.

Siteclean was quite good. Still a big rock and a skip to go but the temp fencing is now gone!

Yayness. (still think the painting quality is the same that i could do ... and i'm no tradie!)

mirror doors to cupboards in rooms

outside painted inc downpipes and cement sheets

outside looking less of a bomb site!

kitchen.. about a week ago
you must be so excited!

it looks great!
I wish we had opted for the sliding doors for the wardrobes!
what colour is your wall paint? we have ask to be quoted for a 3rd quote.. will see how much it is before deciding..
do you get the keys next week?
Still waiting for PCI date. Got the letter from DFH but nothing from SS as yet
Finally, PCI is now completed and if i'm lucky the handover will be confirmed for the 22nd Nov!

Not too many items to be rectified. mostly cosmetics where the SS agreed on anyway. So hopefully my next post will almost be the finished views!
and the floating floor done. it's been really slow. still have skylight and whirlybird to go, paint touch up. hopefully still for the 22nd!

fingers crossed for you!

Amazing how much of a difference the timber floors make!
Hi S_loke,

Just wondering if these are the Boral Horizon Mocha bricks? We are about to build a Hartley and pretty sure these are the bricks we want! Also, if they are, do they still look darkish in the sun??

Thanks
Hi mlaurence80,

the bricks are indeed mocha. The wife was also worried about the darkness of the brick but it's a non issue. You will however have to add some light colors to the landscape which we did in the form of pebbles and a light color driveway.
Hi S_loke,

We are building a Hartley to and I was interested to find out what colour your bathroom cupboards are, we picked Columbian Walnut to match our kitchen, I was thinking it might be a bit dark.
Hi Mac25, we went with the wilsonart urban bamboo touch for the bathroom with beaumonts allegro stone tiles to match. hope that helps
Thanks for that, our choice is heaps darker but I am sure it will be ok.
Hi,

Have just had a read throug your thread after doing a search for Mocha Bricks. We are also building a Hartley, have just done our colour selection and are also using the Mocha Bricks however I am unhappy with the colours selected for the roof, guttering and fascias we have come away with being Dark chocolate Roof with windows guttering and fascia as paperbark which is not really the look I had pictured before we did the colour selection. Just wondering if you would you please tell me the colour roof tile, gutters and fascia you chose as this darker look is more what I had imagined before the colour selection (which looks great on your house btw!)

Thank you so much!!
Hi jpc,

the fascia and gutters were colorbond monument while the roof tile Boral ebony. hope that helps
It really does help, thank you!! We just signed off on the colour selections yesterday and as it happens we selected the monument for our gutters. I was a still a little unsure with just the small colorbond sample card so is great to see the photos of your house and how good the monument with the Mocha and the dark roof came up
Hi S_loke, how your all happy with your house. We decided to go with the same brick colour and now trying to decide on the render colour. We do like the colour you did, do you happen to know the colour of your front render?

Thanks
Those are the bricks we picked as well and was worried for the same reason but they look great thanks for pics we are building the Hartley 361 starting soon ( we hope) our site manager called us so that's a good sign!! Right? We picked black window frames and a roof tile called twilight and monument for everything else! The facade is savannah. Very similar out door colours to yours which I'm happy with now that I've seen your pictures, can't believe how long it's taken to just get this far.. What a process..
Related
You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum