Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building the Milano 30 from Metricon. Sydney

Page 4 of 6
ahh ok found it, although nothing in stage 7 where we are has been put into council..

We got a letter from stockland saying stage 7 will be registered mid may, this was after we had got one from them in feb saying it would be registered mid March!
yeah well if it does happen mid may it will be 6 months over due!

Not happy at all!! I can never get a straight answer, they either blame the rain constantly or tell me its nearing completion! (mind you they have been telling me that since jan)

Sydney weather has been pretty good over the past 6 months... I can understand the rain delaying it a lil at the start of the civil works when they had earth moving machines on the land due to saftey but earht moving machines havent been on the land since early feb... Maybe the workers there wake up in the morning see that the clouds look a lil dark and call it a day cause they dont want to get a lil wet....

pi$$ed off doesnt even begin to describe how we feel right now.

will not be happy if we dont have all aprovals by the end of May and have to pay the $17,000 increase on the base price of the home since the time we paid the deposit! That is no small amount!
Hello

We are building with m/con too! Building the fairhaven 33. Visit our blog: http://www.chrisandtonia.blogspot.com

Does anyone else building with m/con have a blog?
We are 4 months over schedule as far as title goes well....We will be paying a penalty although the full four months is up to their descetion(sp)...we dont have to redo anything though as far as the house,colours etc go or promotion.Our land was supposed to title in Dec...now paperwork is due tomorrow/Tues 4/5 April..Im not jumping up and down until Im there signing...been lots of ups and downs..
I certainly know how you feel....
Hi sunnybrae, checked out ur blog, house is looking good!!! =)

we hope to get on the land later this week/early next week to complete the surveying... Then go to council..

Hopefully by registration time in mud may we will have approval from council so we can settle on the land asap and get the build underway !!
NEWLYWEDS
Hi sunnybrae, checked out ur blog, house is looking good!!! =)

we hope to get on the land later this week/early next week to complete the surveying... Then go to council..

Hopefully by registration time in mud may we will have approval from council so we can settle on the land asap and get the build underway !!

Hey newlyweds!

Thank you

Sounds good! Should be out of council by mid to end of may (ours took about 5 weeks) and then shouldnt be long after that! Oh how exciting!!
yeah fingers and toes crossed lol

looks like you guys have so much already organised lol and here i was thinking we are organised!!!

You guys just got married to like us i see =P
We bought our things about a year ago..so we are just waitng on the house to finish! We could move in tomorrow if it was possible lol

Yeah got married last year in June

How about you guys?
went past the block last sat, trees have been planted, grass has been layed.... so looks like thats it... (i hope)
we got married in september last year...

lol we are also thinking of buying most of the stuff when end of financial year sales are on, just got to think about storage lol
awww congratulations!!

Yeah good idea..definitely wait for the sales lol! We were lucky that the stores let us keep our furniture there for all this time
Bit worried about the delivery though as they are due to be delivered in may and i doubt the house will be finished by then! hehe
yeah well there is always the grandparetns house hahahahaha
Well the m site manager took plans to council today and council rejected them due to the following reasons;

Australian Height Datum required on our site plans and contour surveys

A2 copies of the landscaping plan are required

They have also requested a more detailed statement of environmental effects

looks like our m contract will expire at the end of next month which means paying the extra for what the base price of the house is worth now! =(

From something which started of so exciting is now turnining into a nightmare and isnt much fun at all.... Nothing has gone smoothly.

Its hard enough as it is to build in todays world being only 25 and my misses 23 let alone having to deal with the bureaucratic crap aswell... so much redtape...

No wonder why people arn't building as much anymore... its simply to hard and it is such a long drawn out process. Approval here, approval there, here there bloody everywhere
to top it all off valuation came in today on land and building.. and what do you know, came in short.. How short $22,000 grand!! land was $1,000 off but the building came in $21,000 short!!! Please tell me how thats possible, firstly i bought the land almost a yr ago, surely the value has gone up!!! secondly the m home contract shows the breakdown of everything... how is it that the valuer believes its worth $21,000 less?

am i getting ripped by m with there crazy mark ups?
Man, that sucks Newlyweds... I must say I haven't been overly enthralled with the building process & we too are yet to start actually building....
I can't believe your valuation came in so much under. I wonder what ours will be (we're building the Milano too)?

I sure hope things start to look up for you guys soon
Newlywed, I totally understand your frustration. We went through the same thing with council. We resubmitted twice to council due to landscaping plan.
Our price increased twice during delays.
Like you, our land evaluation came at a lower number.... $60k less!!! Meanwhile we saw land for sale in the estate at s higher value than what we paid. Land valuers don't value like real estate. Our house came out at about the same. At the end of the day it shouldn't matter too much if you're going to live in it fir many years and can afford ur repayments.
Good luck with the next phase.
yeah not to happy really, just makes me think that m have overpriced alot of things....

im actually thinking about cutting down on some of the extra we have chosen through m if it does come to the point where our contract runs out. obviously i cant change external things due to it being developer approved but internal things yes i can ... and getting internal fittings i.e bi fold doors after the home is built from someone else... ive already gotten quotes and it sure is cheaper...

but anyways we are trying a different lender, so lets see what they come up with in regards to a valuation...
Newlywed, you should go see Starr and Riverbank for some comparable sales in the past 3 months if there have been any. Valuers will undervalue house and land packages if there has not been 3 comparable sales in the past 6 months. They don't have info from the past 3 months tho (they use RP Data for their comparables which takes 3 months to upload a sale) so if there have been any more recent, you have the opportunity to lodge a protest to the bank who will then send to the valuer for reconsideration. I've noticed a few larger houses on the market lately but not sure if any have sold. I note that the comparable sales have to be re-sales, not brand new house and land.

Make sure the new lender doesn't use the same valuation company or you'll get the same result. A lot of the banks contract to the same valuation companies.

Is your build on the more expensive side? If M are more expensive than average, then the valuer will value it a bit low. Ours came in 45K over house and land price but we are building a 22sq house with a builder that is prolific in the estate.

all the best with the new valuation.
yeah well i have found over 5 recent sales of land that are smaller in size than ours yet have sold for well over what the valuation came in for our larger block... sent it off so we will see! yes we are on the more expensive side of lakewood.. close to the lake.. last release it was.
Considering i also bought the land a yr ago, it surely would of had to gone up in value not go down in my opinion. Just doesnt make sense

M have been good in trying to expedite everything... i just hope we can have everything sorted before our contract expires...
Related
5/11/2023
Building a 39 square house in Schofields Sydney

General Discussion

No idea about the driveway question, but your price for a house that size including landscaping seems very good!

13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum