Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Help! Odd shaped block

Page 1 of 1
We have an odd shaped block (Melbourne) with a badly sited single storey old house that we intend to demolish, to build a new 2 storey family home, needing 4 bedrooms + study.

The site is approx 30 metres wide, the depth is 24m on one side border and approx half way along at the front it tapers in to make the opposite side border approx 15 metres. The 15 m side is the location of the existing garage, but it needs to be replaced as well.

So it is more like a corner site in a way.

We are wanting to stick with the larger building companies and have contacted only Met/con so far. The rep is looking at our site but we haven't heard back yet.

So, can anyone suggest builders or a particular plan that might suit our site? Perhaps builders that have plans for corner sites or a design that can be modified to run sideways?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Hi,

Get a copy of your DP from your council (some councils have these stored online) and show it to a few prospective builders. Most builders, (don't quote me though) don't charge for a prelim site placement sketch.

hope this helps.
Hi MCW,

It's good to see you're doing research on the forum. Have you had a chance to visit any display homes and chat to the sales staff to see what is possible? They can provide you with helpful, up to date information and suggestions. KnockItDown has made a good suggestion to get a copy of your plan for the block and show it to a few prospective builders.

If you want me to put you in contact with a sales person who could look into this for you, then feel free to send me your name and phone number in a private message and I'll see what I can do to help you out. Otherwise goodluck with the research and keep us updated on how you go. Cheers, Jess.
Related
24/05/2023
Removing gyprock from besser block wall

Kitchen Splashbacks

Thanks again, appreciate the advice

3/12/2023
Flood zone block - 1 in 100year

General Discussion

Yes it had a house on it. But Melbourne water only wanted something the original size of the existing house. We managed to fit a 45sq house on.

3/08/2023
Building on a Block with Large Frontage

Building A New House

Thanks. this looks really nice.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum