Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

running extra tv cables during build

Page 1 of 1
hi people just wondering if anyone can help. Im starting to build soon and i want to run extra tv,phone and speaker cables during my build but i have been told that builders are pretty strick on letting you go on site to do this. I was thinking maybe going on a sunday and roughing in the cables but i dont want problems with the builder if he sees the cables. Or on the other hand thinking of cutting holes in the noggens so then i can run down cables with no problem what do you guys rekon?
S&M
hi people just wondering if anyone can help. Im starting to build soon and i want to run extra tv,phone and speaker cables during my build but i have been told that builders are pretty strick on letting you go on site to do this. I was thinking maybe going on a sunday and roughing in the cables but i dont want problems with the builder if he sees the cables. Or on the other hand thinking of cutting holes in the noggens so then i can run down cables with no problem what do you guys rekon?

TV and speaker cabling are not a problem..telephone and Networking cables it is Ilegal for you to DIY these. your Builder may have the right to remove any cabling they see as unauthorized

http://www.acma.gov.au/WEB/STANDARD/pc=PC_1685
Related
30/10/2023
Running irrigation line under footpath (next to home)

Landscape & Garden Design

Hi all I am looking to run a water line under my concrete footpath which is directly next to my home, was seeing if this is possible without cutting the entire section…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum