Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

NBG Vaucluse: We're in, finally some MORE moved in pics!

Page 20 of 20
Hoping this week has found you that much closer to being unpacked and resting Mike!! Glad to hear I was not the only one collecting 'flat packs' and new furniture- I have a rug fetish it seems, as our new house will have bamboo floors all through! Very much looking forward to your 'finished' pics (just like everyone else) and seeing that magnificent house as a real home
By the way, we are finally expecting to 'turn earth' in the next couple of weeks (a few final changes delayed us a little) so now you are all moved in, you can sit back and giggle at someone else going through it all when I start a thread lol. Congratulations on building one of the nicest homes (in my opinion!) I have seen!
Ok mike- have you had time to scratch yourself yet??
Hope you are loving your new home but now we are all ready for the promised forum photo meltdown
Hi Mike,

Pic piggies are getting impatient....

Photos soon please......
Mike, can't wait to see your pics!
Hoping that your furniture is almost sorted now lol! Finally started that thread I said I'd do... now all I need is some action on-site
Hi everyone! I guess I have to start with apologies again! I could have a myriad of excuses for the lateness of these pics (& I feel bad for neglecting my fave builds here also) but I will just come out with it... We have assembled most things now but really we're being kinda fussy with the "finishing touches" to the house. We REALLY want a non-cluttered look but at the same time there still needs some extra bits that I think will look great but haven't got to yet. Things like small cushions for the couch, wall clock and those "little" things will finish the house (& curtains, coming next week). Rocketship, if you're still interested, we've gone for all black double rollers. So I've held back on the photos as I keep thinking I'll get those things in the next couple of days and then life gets in the way! So here are some pics of the house, as is now, mainly living areas. Will post more as we get more settled (& sheets off the windows
). The bedrooms look kinda ordinary with the sheets! Some of these were taken on old phone so aren't really that great but better than nothing hey? BTW, still loving the house

Lounge pics (@night)

Lounge (@day)

Kitchen

Dining (yep, need something's on top!)

Dining to kitchen

Upstairs lounge & upstairs alfresco

Oh yeah, my kind of beautiful!!!!

Yep, finishing touches are going to turn the place from house to home but so far, excellent!

I just ordered blinds today - went for black screen with white blockout roller blinds. Looking forward to seeing the black on black, I'm sure I'll love it

Where did you get your outdoor setting?? Love it.
Wow - looks great Mike!! Well done!
You must be very happy!!

It all takes time doesn't it? Well done for putting things up on the walls already - we have been in 4 months and still haven't put anything up!!

Hope you are enjoying the country air!!
Yay Mike!! Gorgeous- knew it would be
rocketship
Oh yeah, my kind of beautiful!!!!

Yep, finishing touches are going to turn the place from house to home but so far, excellent!

I just ordered blinds today - went for black screen with white blockout roller blinds. Looking forward to seeing the black on black, I'm sure I'll love it

Where did you get your outdoor setting?? Love it.

Hi Rocketship! You are too kind!

Re blinds: It was def a line ball call. Either white/black, vise versa or all of either. In the end, I saw the house from outside with black sheets up and thought that looks really good! Looking at white shutters for the top rear balcony ATM. The furniture is plasticky "wicker" but is actually quite comfy! It's from one of the online dpt store places, deals direct or daily deals I think. Its called a "keter". Got when they had one of the specials on a while ago (luv a bargain
). Funny how I'd thought we had everything to fill the house but it's 53sq to fill so still a bit more shopping to do

Eiffel
Wow - looks great Mike!! Well done!
You must be very happy!!

It all takes time doesn't it? Well done for putting things up on the walls already - we have been in 4 months and still haven't put anything up!!

Hope you are enjoying the country air!!

G'Day Eiffel! Thanks for the kind words. I am VERY happy

It has amazed me how long it's taken to get things "right" and still not there. Only one thing up though

LOVING being here. So nice compared to where we were. Love chilling on the alfresco when I get a chance. Chinese in the main st is aweome

Lanscaping is in a holding pattern until spring. Too cold

Many things on the to do list. Looking at extending alfresco at the rear with colourbond to incorporate a BBQ, spa, sauna area so will be getting quotes in for that shortly and a front fence (that's not barbed wire)...

Hope you are loving you're new place too

build again
::celeb::
Yay Mike!! Gorgeous- knew it would be

Many thanks build again, you are very sweet
don't worry Mike, we have barbed wire in front of the dam at our place, too- hoping it keeps my kids out of it lol. Anyway, I hear barbed wire is becoming very fashionable- with our taste, if it were painted black we would probably love it
You'll have a laugh at my colour selections on my thread- the reverse of yours. Looking forward to more pics
Looking great Mike.
Thanks for feeding the pic piggies....
Wow!! Very glam ... already - you've done well!!
Hi Mike,
I haven't read all your thread, saving it for some spare time but I came across a photo of your kitchen, love it! Your layout is similar to mine with the pantry door set back between right angle benches. I am trying to decide whether to have double doors or single like yours, my concern with the single is that when open (outwards) it is about 100 wider than the bench & I thought it might be annoying to have to manoeuvre around it. My questions, how do you find it now you are living in the house? Also, is the door like other doors in your house with paint finish or the same finish as your kitchen cabinets?
Any advice welcome.
Beautiful home, very elegant!
Hi all,

Have some time on my hands ATM so posting the rest of the house pics. Not lots of stuff (apart from DD's room!), as we're going for a minimal kind of look. Taken a while ago , there's some more art work up now and put a another le corbusier chair in white in the main bedroom on the corner window but you get the gist!

Guest room

My half of the WIR!

DD's room

Bed 2 (looks a bit warped from stitching 2 photos)

Half the theatre

The other half

Upstairs living (again a bit wonky, 2 photos stitched together)

Main

Nice to hear from you mike.

Your home is looking absolutely fantastic. Love the uncluttered feel you have created... loving all your white ikea furniture... love your bed.... love your roller blinds....you have done a fantastic job

So, are you loving your new home?? What are the best bits??
Hey mike your back, everything is looking gorgeous
Related
3/07/2023
Moved in 7 years ago but no Occupation Certificate

Building A New House

Joe, it depends on your certifier but we are noticing the ones we deal with are really cracking down. So i would recommend you follow your approved landscaping plans to…

9/10/2023
No Interim Occupation Certificate - NSW but moved in

General Discussion

Hi Simeon, Thank you for laying it down for us. Makes sense. Appreciate it very much. Have a nice day. Cheers

25/04/2024
Owner Builder : Need some help

Owner Builder Forum

Hi VK, Think it's worth investing time in an Owner Builder course to equip you with basic knowledge on Australian Building Industry and its regulations. Also, I suggest…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum