Things are moving along for us this week.
We have had the gas meter and electricity disconnected and we have signed up the Demolition Depot to knock down the original house.
The only issue we have with the block so far is the power and phone lines to our neighbour. We have been nagging the power companies since the line does not meet current standards. We will continue nagging since the demo company said they cannot proceed and Fairhaven have added a provision for $6000 if everything has to be carried onto site.
We had our tender meeting today which went really well, all over in 3 hours. Only a couple of mistakes on the plan, we made one or two very minor changes, went across the road for some lunch and came back to sign the final tender with the updated pricing. Andrew was very patient and carefully explained everything. If we can get the power line fixed and the $6000 cost removed, then we will have kept to our budget, just!
They liked my electrical plan so much they are using it rather than redrawing it themselves, so it was worth spending some time working it out.
Once we get the final drawings I'll post them here. It is very close to the standard plan, the main changes are to the kitchen bench (added another meter to be 3.6m long, not sure that is long enough), some sliding doors and we moved the study door into the dinning area.
So far its going well with Fairhaven.