Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Knockdown and building Fairhaven's Barwon 352

Page 2 of 2
CHATZ!!!!

how exciting! now I finally have someone to be as excited about the talise with me

By any chance, are you building in Mt Waverley? I see you extended the dining area to be a little wider - i think thats a great idea
if we had more land at the back of our house we would have done the same.

look forward to hearing about the colours you have chosen! I'll put mine up on a new thread also.

Trudy
Trudy,

Yes we are in Mt Waverley, we were living in Burwood East but it is too far from the train line.

Henley need a Talise Q1.5, the Q1 was too big but I was worried the dining area was too small with the Q2. Extending it was not a big drama and did not cost too much either.

Thanks,

Chatz
Chatz

I met you at cosham ages ago remember? How funny is that! If you don't remember... I'm the girl with dark skin, curly hair... Vuilding in south morang. When I met you I was trying my best to get the austral hawthorn brick which was sadly discontinued

Honestly I agree... Q1 was too big but a 34sq version woulda been ideal. Love your plan.. I think the dining idea is great... Now you can fit your square table in.

Trudy
Trudy,

We thought it might be you
We couldn't believe that someone else would be looking at their colour selection on the same day for the same plan for a house with no display!
We asked Henley again about why they do not have a display, our rep said we should be grateful otherwise the base price would be higher to cover the cost of the display home.

It is going to be very interesting to see how the two houses track, especially if they start within weeks of each other.

Chatz
congratulations on choosing a builder. you need to change your title. we have built with Henley 11 years ago and Fairhaven last year, we thought the Henley experience back then was hard enough but that was a dream compared to fairhaven. We do love our house and design just the dramas and stress to get here get you down. Best of luck with your build, im sure it will be wonderful and such a great location.
Changing the title at last...
hey chatz,
when are you set to strat your construction? apparantly our loan will be approved in about 3 weeks, so Im guessing just after Easter and until then they cant do anything on our block... so frustrating.
Any idea when you are starting?

trudy
Trudy,

We are waiting on permits and the bank, so after Easter seems likely for us too.

Chatz
loan - APPROVED!

does anyone know... how long after your loan is approved are you able to change your job? someone told me the banks will check your accounts during the build and if the occupation details are not the same as when you applied, they have the right to pull out of the loan. any ideas?

Trudy
Trudy,

Congrats on getting the loan approved. I know in ours we have a clause regarding the level of salaries we are on, but nothing about changing jobs.

BTW, I've started a new thread, almost like making clean start.

Chatz
Related
18/01/2024
Cost of building 3 x Townhouses after knockdown

General Discussion

multiple occ properties are always billed by trades at a premium, rarely per sqm for the lot. You either have trades you know whoe will do by sqm or youre going to get…

10/01/2024
To Knockdown and Rebuild or Renovate?

General Discussion

if the original house is in good condition most of what you listed could be added in stages without the need for KDR and costs and disruption of having to live elsewhere…

22/11/2023
Reviews on Fairhaven homes

Building A New House

We are looking to do a KDR with fairhaven homes, Have seen plenty of good reviews about them pre construction and plenty of negative reviews about them during contruction…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum