Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building the Chester with Gemmill Homes

Page 3 of 5

Just realized what i said
Well after careful consideration we have decided to chuck in the towel and can the build.

We just cant justify going $60K over budget.

We are now looking into renovating the existing house on the property and see where that takes us.
Oh Hump
Sorry to hear the news. Its a lot of money though and You could probably do some dream renos with that money
good luck. all the best.
HumpMurp
Well after careful consideration we have decided to chuck in the towel and can the build.

We just cant justify going $60K over budget.

We are now looking into renovating the existing house on the property and see where that takes us.

~~~~~~~~

Oh,sorry to hear that in a way,coz you know that things happen for a reason.
Something better for you is waiting around the corner.

Now you can start a thread about Renovating your house

Show us a photo & we will fix/plan it all for you

TG is right,you should be able to do fab reno's with less or so money.

There is acouple of people on here that maybe pulling the pin on building with this company

Good luck,
Oh No! sorry to hear your news Hump mump.

Will have to get you and V around for a few drinks ( t or coffee if booze won't do) and stuff soon.
hiya Hump,

Sorry to hear that things didn't pan out for you.

i look forward to reading about your house renos. As KA said, H1'ers are only too happy to help with the plans

Best of luck with it all

V
Well just as we are about to get plans for the reno drawn up my husband suggested we talk to Gemmill "just to see what they say".

So we had the Sales Rep and Manager out having a look at the block yesterday, they have suggested a different spot on the property (funnily enough it is the first spot we chose but we changed our decision on the advice of a different sales rep).

We are now looking over their designs so see what suits, we have altered the budget and see how we go.

Wish me luck!
excellent. good luck. They can alter any design remember. They had mostly got their smaller plans on display in the window when I looked. There is a Gemmil home going up in Salmon Gum Retreat in town. Just around the corner from us off Tallowwood if you want to see one of their houses going up. Brickwork is being done atm. Might be almost finished.
Fingers crossed it works out with Gemmill....can't wait to hear how it goes

Good Luck

We have signed to build The Chester with Gemmill Homes.

http://www.gemmillhomes.com.au/imgs/des ... hester.jpg

The site costs have come in $21,000 less than the other mob estimated.

Very very excited.
ooo very very excited for you. excellent news.
Oh that is so awesome Hump. I am really really pleased for you.

Everything happens for a reason and it would seem that this is meant to be the house for you.

Can't wait to follow your progress!
Thats fabulous! Love the central kitchen
I have one in my current home and its really handy and a great feature- hopefully have something similar when I finally pick a block of land!

Cant wait to see the progress!!
Good morning all

Just a small update, surveying and soil samples have been completed. We are waiting on the working drawings which should be here in the next couple of weeks.

More importantly today is MY BIRTHDAY!!!
Had a wonderful lunch in Bunbury on Saturday with hubby and friends and will have a low key day today I think. Wow the last year of my thirties....where did the time go????
ooow, happy birthday!!! valentines baby...whaoaoao!
Happy birthday HUmp. Glad you had a nice day, and that you are moving forward with the house.

Woo hoo for working drawings (piccies when you get them if you can)
Great to hear things are moving again for you, the design you have picked is very similar to our previous home, It was a great layout to live in, we added a cavity slider between the secondary bedrooms and the family room which as great for a/c and noise. Have you thought about moving the location of the kitchen sink so you can have an open bench onto the out door area.

Good Luck with the soil tests
Cheers Lou
Well today we are having some trees removed and have finally received the working drawings. Pre-start should be in the next couple of weeks.

Will post the plan later today.
Oooh how exciting...can't wait to see your plans!

Are you all prepared for prestart?
Related
14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum