Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Hanging things in steel framed homes

Page 1 of 1
Hey

I have recently finished building a steel framed home. Now it's decorating time, just wondering how you go about hanging things like plasmas etc?
Any advice would be great

Thanks!
Our builder has put timber "noggins" between the studs in our steel framed home where we want to fix things to the wall. Otherwise you will be looking at trying to use the steel studs...not sure how difficult/messy that is going to be. Unfortunately I don't think I am much help since you have finished building. Will see if I can find anything else out.
We also finished steel frame home 9 weeks ago - during frame stage we put hardwood pieces in frame where we thought things would be going eg plasma,dryer. Obviously you can't do this now - but if anyone thinking of doing this there are certain woods you can't use because cause corrosion to frame.
Pictures and things we just used screws specially for metal and used a stud finder to find where the frame was - if something was light we just used plasterboard anchors (esp if a stud was not convenient).
With the plasma in the end we used a large piece of ply (sl larger than tv support) screwed this into the studs (which we had hardwood in them also) and then the tv was mounted into this - did not really fancy tv falling off the wall....
check out Ramset hooks at the hardware store...
Related
16/11/2023
Steel sheds. Worth going one with steel frame?

General Discussion

Hi I am wanting some opinions about the build of a steel shed I am going to get one about 4.5 x 2.5 m steel shed and the height will be about 2.3-2.4m high The one I am…

1/09/2023
Things can be done after construction.

Building A New House

Depends what you're current inclusions are, but we're not including wardrobes and will just use second hand ones until we can save later on to get them built. Also have a…

2/05/2023
Preventing rust around steel house posts

General Discussion

You’re on the right track, wire brush in a grinder then a zinc rich epoxy primer then a top coat of some sort, like a waterproofing membrane. Raising the concrete would…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum