Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Eden Brae vs Allcastle Homes (Building in Kellyville Ridge)

Page 2 of 2
Well thank you all for your comments and advice, as of this morning the $750 deposit has been paid to Eden Brae Homes.

We are the newest members of their Fan Club
Hi All

We are thinking about going with Allcastle as the Grandworth 40 is cheaper than the more expensive Eden Brae and other equivalents. I like the Eden Brae homes but the build times, start times and cost are a lot more for the same floor area. The "fixed price" tender also has a lot of caveats in it which I found out earlier. When I visited the new display homes at Homeworld V recently there was a couple in there who had built a bungalow with Eden Brae at Beaumont Rise and thought they were hurendous, they even ripped out the kitchen after they got the keys as they had had enough.
I understand that all builders have bad points but this is ridiculous for such a big company who wants to keep it's good reputation. The sales advisor told me that they win all the awards as they are a very cash rich company (which is a good thing) and it's not really because of the quality.
We have a big family and the "box" with loads of space is very appealing from Allcastle. If you need the rooms then this is a good option in my eyes and for someone to buy a house that they don't utilise the space it offers is a fool in my eyes!.

It would be interesting to here anyone's thoughts on this as I am still waying up lots of builders to see which is the best for us.

Cheers

John
Hi. Its my first post.

I was wondering how the build with EBH homes go. We too are tossing up between EBH and AllCastle. THe inclusions confuse me.
The spaciousness of the Grandworth 40 from Allcastle is appealing. But boxy. With the AllCastle we will be taking up a nicer facade to counter the the box look. With EBH I am not sure what is in and what is not.

Any feedback is much appreaciated as I can see many people in the thread have done their homework too.

I suggest reading product review website
I have no way of comparing the two; however when sniffing-around for info, I was put in contact with a rep for a building-materials company & he recommended EBH to me. Given that he was doing a favour for a mate by talking to me, and not likely to be increasing sales out of it, I trust that recommendation.
We are building with EBH and are very happy, even though this post is 3 years old... I will still attest to the fantastic communication... Ss emailed me back within 10 minutes tonight after 10pm. Once they quite you the price that's it... Yes you can upgrade upgrade upgrade but that's you pushing the price up not EB. We have lots of inclusions that we found other builders it was additional. Look at my blog, will pay brick payment in the morning.
How do you know these particular owners aren't suffering problems with bank payments, or some other financial woe?

It may be due to a variety of setbacks, blaming the builder without having first hand information is misleading, and even a little defamatory.

Now, having said that, we visited Allcastles' display homes in newcastle, they were beautifully appointed and easily on par with the bigger builders regarding fit and finish. The standard list of inclusions was far more appealing as well. The upgrade packages were also great value and not filled with unnecessary items to bulk it out, as some other project builders do.

We were also given locations of allcastle homes under construction (in all stages from slab to brickwork) to check out, which we promptly did. All seemed to have no glaring issues (from a engineering draftspersons perspective anyway) and will certainly be keeping a close eye on the progress of the ones nearby.

Because of this openness, they are an option for us atm. But would still like to hear of anyone elses (first hand!) experiences.
Related
5/04/2024
Eden Brae Homes Feedback

Building A New House

I built with EB back on 2009. Check out this thread on this forum. viewtopic.php?f=31&t=12911&p=154061#p154061 I can't speak for recent expericience however, we had no…

15/04/2024
AllCastle Homes has anyone built in 2023

Building A New House

Hi we are looking to talk to people who have built with them recently. We have signed mid range built contract but identified that a lot of things are not included.…

25/04/2024
AllCastle Cashback offer 2023

Building A New House

Was the offer also on their website? If so, you could check the Wayback Machine.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum