Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our custom build in the Barossa - Guided Tour Anyone?????

Page 16 of 25
Good to hear the brickies will be starting
Your house is looking great. Love all the glass sliders.

Fingers crossed we have nice weather and see plenty of progress on our houses this week!!
Great stuff! I see that you've sorted out the sand problem - good luck with lots of brick progress this week!
Its looking good Bec. I hope you get some dry weather until you get to lock up. There is nothing worse that putting things on hold because of the rain. And good that the sand is sorted also. i am just catching up on everything - its been a week I think since i was on H1!
Thanks guys - brickies didn't get out today, presume it was a bit wet for them this morning!!! But we do have some roof battens going up to maybe roofing soon too!!!
All going well, see what happens tomorrow!
Those views are stunning !!!

Hmmmm thinking I will be ringing the Format office tomorrow to check our sand .

Fingers crossed for lots of dry weather and progress
OK here are the final pics of framing, invoice came in today!!

And bricks are all ready to go, in fact I was out there this morning and saw about 3 rows done, of the garage wall!!!

Yesterday we had brickies, carpenters and electricians there!!! THAT felt good!!!!

Correct sand!!!!!!!

Ready, set go!!!

Will definitely have some pics of a brick wall tonight!!! YAY - I'm not excited much hey??
You are allowed to be as excited as you like - looking great even without the bricks!!
fabulous!!
Here's tonight's update!!!

LUURRRRVVVEE my bricks, and so glad we got the sand changed, another thanks to H1!!!!

Lots to go.....but we must be the house of rainbows!!!

There's my roof, gutters on tomorrow, roof starts on Friday!!!!!
Wow!! That looks fantastic, no wonder you are so excited..... Can't wait to see how it all looks with it's hat on!
Looking good - I have a sense of deja vu looking at those bricks
Can't wait to see the roof on will look awesome!!
A little more bricking done today, gutters on!! You can just see the front ones here on the portico. All the lighting wiring is now in too!!!

Double post!
Wow lots happening now
Love your bricks

No wonder you are so excited
I love how straight those bricks are!
looking good!! cant wait to see a roof
Wow - lot's has happened - the bricks look great!
Thanks everyone

I think this will be my last update until the brickwork and roofing is done.....have to leave some surprises!!!

Glass bricks are in for our shower!!!

Roof

Bricking continues....fairly slowly but super happy with quality so far....

Insulation going in under roof sheets.

Have a great weekend, we are in for some great building weather next week!!!
everything is looking great Bec
Portico is taking shape; love the shower glass too.
We will definately be getting a quote from them. My friend I was telling you about, picked up the quilts from me today and they told me about another house going up by KC so we are going to have a look. This one is using the weather board look which is what we would like so it will be interesting to see what it looks like.
Hi there, yes, it is actually on the market now....will PM you the details!
We are really happy with how things are going. I am glad you are getting a quote!
Related
2/10/2023
Custom build | Facade colours

Building A New House

I'd get the gutters to match your roof and pipes to match the paint - otherwise they become a feature. Nice pick with the paint colours!

19/04/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

So it looks like we finally have some movement on site! Definitely later than expected, but I'll take any progress at this point. I'll drop by over the weekend to get…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum