Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Lock up Stage Payment

Page 1 of 1
Hi Just wondering what Lock up stage Payment Interperets

Does the roof need to be fully layed and pointed up ( meaning any cracked roof tiles replaced and the roof pointed up in the correct colour and not 2 different colours ) and it is leaking into the house in 2 parts due to an uncompleted roof

does the bricklayer need to be fully finished and same thing here ( all the same mortar colour not half the windows with a totally different Colour that eveb a four year old can pick )

and does the alfresco and front porch need to be plastered or timber lined to the ceiling

not to mention the * electrical work to a powerpoint from the Island bench from a service pipe they ran which they put where my fridge alcove is ( the pipe is 150mm off the wall so they have run the electrical cable 150mm along the slab up along the bottom plate and along the top of the bottom plate and then up the wall cavity it is in no conduit it is bare white cable) I have taken photes of this and have brought it up at least 4 times

I brought this up with the SS today when i got a invoice in the mail and his reply was i have been trying to get the roof tiler back just pay the invoice .I Felt like telling him what he can do with the invoice and told him not to bother plastering on Monday until the issues are fixed and if there not fixed i have no Altrernative but to report him and his sparky to the Electrical Board

you feedback would be greatly appreciated

cheers
If the roof is on and the house is watertight (leaks aside) and has (temporary) doors I would pay the progress payment. This way things proceed in an orderly manner. The repairs can be done while things happen inside.
the roof tiler hasent been back for 4 weeks whats happens when they hang the plaster and it gets all water damaged they have there money and they it becomes my problem
If the plaster gets damaged, the builder has to fix it.
Your best bet is to pay the progress payment but sit on their backside to have the items fixed. They have a requirement to build your house and yours to pay. The only time they are in the wrong is if and when they don't or refuse to fix something.
Hi Everyone thanks for the reply's we sent builder a email regarding the issues and he has Acknowledged the issues but has kind of put the blame back on his sub contractors saying they need to get back and fix there work.

My Big Concern however is the electrical cable that runs along the concrete slab for some 200mm covered in nothing . I went to the house this Arvo and managed to gain access from a open door the whole house has been plastered and what they have done is cut a trench in the slab and just sat the electrical cable in the trench with no conduit .I am guessing that they will just leave the cable as is and tile over the cable whats happens when i start having issues with the electricity i have taken photo's

I am over how many times i have report that to the SS i am now at the point where i dont give a stuff about it anymore and will use the photo's as evidence at hand over
Related
20/12/2023
Theft and Vandalism at lock up stage

General Discussion

sure. its the builders problem.

3/10/2023
Final payment for new build in NSW

Building A New House

regardless, your contract stipulates a payments schedule and SOPA doesn't give provision to that scenario. Your contractual terms appear to stand. Hence get a lawyer, it…

9/10/2023
Payment Structure Query in MBA Contract: Seeking Advice

Building A New House

There is no reason why building contract reconciliation cannot be done prior to handover, if the builder won't do it get someone to do it for you. Why would you pay for…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum