Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our Retreat - New House Build

Page 10 of 13
OMG, that bedroom is just gorg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have such great taste (very simular to mine.lol)
Thanks Rudolf
Found it! You have done such a beautiful job - and given me loads of inspiration, thank you = )
ojaaynme
Found it! You have done such a beautiful job - and given me loads of inspiration, thank you = )

No problems ojay, inspiration from anywhere is good, I love Homeone as you always see something from someones thread that you can utilise in your own designs, there are some fantastic interior designers and landscapers on here, that is where I have found most of my inspirations.

Good luck and now I will go and search out your thread as well.
Hi ring09,

Just found this thread!! House looks simply amazing!!

We are thinking of building with B*tique/H*mebuyers...could you tell me about your experinces?? I really like the floorplan of the Retreat...its a toss up between that and the Oasis...decisions, decisions.

Til.
Til
Hi ring09,

Just found this thread!! House looks simply amazing!!

We are thinking of building with B*tique/H*mebuyers...could you tell me about your experinces?? I really like the floorplan of the Retreat...its a toss up between that and the Oasis...decisions, decisions.

Til.

Hi Til,

We really liked the Oasis as well,it really just comes down to which plan suits your lifestyle better, both are great floor plans. As you can see from my build thread we were really happy with our build experience (we waited an eternity for our land to be released) but thankfully the build went really quickly and we are happy overall with the quality of the build. I found that the communication from the office staff to the site supervisors to be very good from a lot of other experiences on here.

Good luck to you.
STUNNING!!!! we want to do something like that for our hallway but we are scarred to put it up ourself, do you mind me asking how much it cost to the bedroom approx??
Natti
STUNNING!!!! we want to do something like that for our hallway but we are scarred to put it up ourself, do you mind me asking how much it cost to the bedroom approx??

Hi Natti, thanks we used 3 rolls of paper $99 each, plus size and paste etc about another $25, the wall is approx 3.5 mtrs wide, height 2.5 mtrs.
So while Erin is over painting Miss K's room for me.. I can get you over to wall paper my room? Deal? Awesome!!!

Where did you get the wall paper from?
Cooped07
So while Erin is over painting Miss K's room for me.. I can get you over to wall paper my room? Deal? Awesome!!!

Where did you get the wall paper from?

I loved Erins Africian theme room, We got the wallpaper from Bristol paints, not sure if you have them over in SA, the stores here have a heap of books to choose from, they are then sourced from overseas they dont carry stock and you pick them up about 3 weeks. We couldnt find any canvas art that we thought would give the room the wow factor my DD was after and so went down the wallpaper route.

Im starting to think about master bedroom now and may do more wallpaper in there, will probably change my mind 100 times in the next little while.

I loved your DD room idea's, I think you should give it a go and if you dont like it, well it's only a coat of paint.
We don't have Bristol paints here & there is only 2 places I could find that had wallpaper folders to choose from. We are going looking for wallpaper on the weekend. I just have to choose what 'kind & colour' for our master bedroom!

I am keen to start DD's room but I have to do it one day when DH is home so he can occupy kids while I paint or I know they'll be red hand prints, everywhere!

How's the house going?
Hi Cooped07 are you near Torrensville? I am sure there is one there.
If you go to www.taubmans.com.au it will show you where your nearest store is (you enter your postcode). Bristol and Taubmans are both owned by PPG.
Hey Cooped07,
Are you near Torrensville? I am sure there is a Bristol/Taubmans store there (they are both owned by PPG)
If you go to the Taubmans website and enter your post code it should bring up your nearest store.

Good luck = )
Cooped07
We don't have Bristol paints here & there is only 2 places I could find that had wallpaper folders to choose from. We are going looking for wallpaper on the weekend. I just have to choose what 'kind & colour' for our master bedroom!

I am keen to start DD's room but I have to do it one day when DH is home so he can occupy kids while I paint or I know they'll be red hand prints, everywhere!

How's the house going?

Looks like Ojay has given you some really helpful info on where to find some wallpaper, good luck and cant wait to see what you pick. I'm sure by what you have done so far, you will pick something great and cant wait to see DD's room.
Here is the canvas wall art, finally put up and a pic of our new lounge for the living room, just waiting for a few bits of furniture, hope to pick up on the weekend and a floor rug and will post pic of finished room.

Canvas wall art.
http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab10 ... 0_2516.jpg

Lounge
http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab10 ... 0_2517.jpg
ojaaynme
Hey Cooped07,
Are you near Torrensville? I am sure there is a Bristol/Taubmans store there (they are both owned by PPG)
If you go to the Taubmans website and enter your post code it should bring up your nearest store.

Good luck = )

Thanks ojaaynme.. I called this morning but they don't have any wallpaper. They did however put me onto a wallpaper contractor who may be able to help! Thanks
Ring - I like the canvas, very nice!.. Can't wait to see it all finished off!
Looks beautiful
Finally the Living Room - not complete, couldnt find an ottoman ready made, so getting one made up with matching cushions for the lounge, wont be ready for about 8 weeks
and still looking for light fittings to match living/kitchen/dining but apart from that done, so thought I would post pic.

http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab10 ... 0_2521.jpg

http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab10 ... 0_2520.jpg
Looks gorgeous.

Love that artwork!
Related
31/12/2023
Backyard retreat or Granny Flat?

Renovation + Home Improvement

I think I know the answer but just checking to see if anyone has had experience with it. I want to build a small 20 square metre retreat in my backyard, it will have a…

8/11/2023
Our house was beautiful until Distinctive Homes destroyed ou

General Discussion

of course there are legal avenues. You've already mentioned it. Sue them. I find it odd that lawyers wouldnt be willing to take on the case, given CCT evidence and…

22/01/2024
Builder connecting our new toilet for his trades

Bathrooms and Laundry

"Losers" "humanity" "off time" "your" "top notch" "love symbol" Sounds like ponzo is done using other people's toilets

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum