Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Monterey 993 Q1 - Kitchen is in! Yay!!! - New photo's.

Page 2 of 3
catjim
The Elliot's
Heritage Springs we are. We have 1200sqm block there waiting for us. A change from our 534 block we are on now!

Wow!

Complete opposite to us. We are going from a 700+sqm block to 448sqm. But the house will be 50% larger than our current house.

We are downsizing but it's the block rather than the house.

We still have a young growing family so the space for us will be good.
colours look amazing -
lilfeggle
colours look amazing -

Thanks!
I love all your colours, it should all come together really nicely.

Wow, going from a 26 square house to a 40 square house is going to make a huge difference - you will all probably get lost for the first few weeks
Northbound
I love all your colours, it should all come together really nicely.

Wow, going from a 26 square house to a 40 square house is going to make a huge difference - you will all probably get lost for the first few weeks

The Kids will love it! The space will be great for them.... and ME! I am going to have a room dedicated to the toys! There is only 2 of them and they have heaps of toys! So will be glad to get the toys in one room!!
ok So sorry in delay in posting.... as it goes with building have had a few issues!

But hopefully all is good now! To start off with... our tiles. We have had to do tiles on the floor for our slab heating. We originally selected a 506 x 506 tile for our floor which we found out at our tender that the tile pple dont make any more. So i dont know why but I hate grout especially when its a light colour and its dirty. So I found a 60 x60 tile which is pretty big that can be close as possible to each other (as little grount as possible!!). So to cut a really long story short, with having to change our floor tile I have had to change some wall tiles in the bathroom and ensuite, also made the kitchen bench lighter too as I was worried about how dark the kitchen would be. I have also selected a new boarder for the bathroom and ensuite.

Here are some pics....
This is the new floor tile colour. I am using this tile in the ensuite as a feature behind the mirror. (that is also my new boarder but was just seeing if it matches)

This is the new light tiles going in the bathroom and in our shower with the boarder stone.

The new Kitchen selection.

Ok and this what you have been waiting for.... Our Floor plan.....

There are few things that they need to fix with the floor plan... but the contracts are now signed... just waiting on building permits and plans now and hopefully you will hear from in about 6 weeks again!!
G'day to 'The Elliot's' & 'others', Well let me first say this I'll be watching this thread with 'gusto'. The better looking half (wife) loves the Monterey 993 Q1 and will not budge.

A bit of background......we are currently living in Perth and purchased or rather paid a deposit (sight unseen) on 'Mitchell's Run' Stage 14 Doreen due to 'she who must be obeyed' wants to return home (she's a Melbourne chick). Anyhoo, the Monterey, which we found via a bit of internet searching, (and to think I thought the 'web' was only good for p0rn & scamming credit card numbers), is the 'one', however, will require a bit of 'tweaking' to fit to comply with site 'setbacks'.

Anyway, enough of my life's work, I/we'll be paying close attention to your build, so any idea's regarding the 'Monty' will be greatly appreciated.
Reccymech
G'day to 'The Elliot's' & 'others', Well let me first say this I'll be watching this thread with 'gusto'. The better looking half (wife) loves the Monterey 993 Q1 and will not budge.

A bit of background......we are currently living in Perth and purchased or rather paid a deposit (sight unseen) on 'Mitchell's Run' Stage 14 Doreen due to 'she who must be obeyed' wants to return home (she's a Melbourne chick). Anyhoo, the Monterey, which we found via a bit of internet searching, (and to think I thought the 'web' was only good for p0rn & scamming credit card numbers), is the 'one', however, will require a bit of 'tweaking' to fit to comply with site 'setbacks'.

Anyway, enough of my life's work, I/we'll be paying close attention to your build, so any idea's regarding the 'Monty' will be greatly appreciated.

WOW Perth to Doreen that's a big step. Home is where the heart is so they say!

We were originally going to build a double storey home but I convinced hubby that this home was the way to go! (Women and their ways!). So yep building the Monterey and so far the journey has been smooth sailing.... so far! Hopefully have some site scrape / slab shots in about 6 weeks..... so they say! Till then........
Did you alter the plans much? We, or rather the 'Minister for Waging War & Finances' has some changes, still keeping with the 'Monty's' feel and style, but more or less to slightly shrink it to fit within the developers site setbacks.
Reccymech
Did you alter the plans much? We, or rather the 'Minister for Waging War & Finances' has some changes, still keeping with the 'Monty's' feel and style, but more or less to slightly shrink it to fit within the developers site setbacks.

Not too much as every change we made the dollar signs where appearing!! They have some optional changes all at cost though and some we took up. Things like on our floor plan the laundry is behind the garage but the standard is the living room and laundry swapped. The butlers pantry is another option that we added in. You have the option of the kids retreat, but instead we split the area between the bedrooms and the bathroom. They were just some of the changes. We have the bigger of the homes and with our changes worked out to be about 37ish sqs. But I am pretty sure there are 2 homes smaller than this this with less squaredge (if such a word!).

Oh yeah we ditched the alfresco part and made it all internal to have one huge living area! (We both have big immediate families!)

Here is another idea of a floor plan that might help you..... viewtopic.php?p=542546
I was just going to attach a rough copy of our changes, it's all a bit of 'cut & paste' from the Monty drawings but thought better of it just in case there was a copyright 'thingy' going on. Just have to wait till we're over in Melbourne and go to the sales dept. and sort it.

Anyway, least I/we can check out your journey.
love the plan, your casual living/rumpus is huge!
Very nice plan. You're going to have so much space.
lilfeggle
love the plan, your casual living/rumpus is huge!
carlswil
Very nice plan. You're going to have so much space.

Thanks. My hubby and I both have big immediate families. And we just didnt want to be on top of each other so the space will be good!
I know that it is nothing to get excited about... plus this close to Chrissy, and with tradies stopping work for 3 or so weeks over that time.... but we have a tap on a block!!! lol
Yeah!!!! Its a start at least!
Its a great start. Was so excited when we got our tap. Where is the pic?!?

Our tap...
judging by the tap pic. u guys r on the same road as us
Cleared site before the plumbing....

OMG after a very busy last few months with a 4yr old birthday, a 2yr old birthday and finding out baby number 3 is on the way, its finally time to get back in the swing of things with usual day to day routines.

To up date you all, the site was cleared just before Christmas, where we met our SS on site to make sure we were clear on a few things, being the garage wall had to be on the boundary fence, and hubby was doing slab heating, and all the electrical for our new home.

After some "unexplained delay" the slab was being prepared on the 20th of Jan. Hubby and i got up in the morning to see, and make sure that they have actually started, and before my very eyes they were there!!!!
(WOW!!)

So hubby started to talking to the "slab man" to make sure things were going to be right for our heating pipes to go in etc....Now of course it turned out that the slab wasn't going to be thick enough to have the pipe work go in for the heating, after the hassel that was made at the start to ensure they had the details of what was going in, pipe thickness etc. (mmmmmm)

So Thursday afternoon the SS was at "the office" arranging the slab to re-engineered to allow the thickness of the pipe work. So now as from the photo's below all is ok (so far!! ....I hope). The Slab is due to be poured on Friday 28th or Monday..... lets see how we go....

Related
9/08/2023
Kitchen Renovation: DIY vs Resurfacing vs New Kaboodle

General Discussion

Assuming the structure of your cabinetry is good then I would DIY everything as follows: - replace your counter tops entirely, - replace all drawer runners with soft close…

6/06/2023
Do you think this kitchen is original

Kitchen Corner

No. It's not original. Circa early to mid 90s would be my guess and maybe even as late as early 2000s

13/06/2023
Kitchen floors

Old Home Restoration / Renovation

Awesome, I can do that. Thanks mate.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum