Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Bon's Monte Carlo with McD Jones - painting, kitchen ETC!!

Page 2 of 4
As promised, below are some progress photos:

Our slab (not that I'm an expert but it looks GREAT)

The start of the frame - photo taken from the back yard showing the slab for the tank and the big landscape job we have ahead of us! We are considering running a huge deck from the alfresco area and out over the building pad.

The completed frame

Facade photos

North side - lots of windows and alfresco area

Alfresco looking back through the stacker door into the dining/family/kitchen

I am really happy with how it is progressing and can only hope the build keeps the same speed! Our SS telephoned late last week to introduce himself. The schedule for next week includes the guttering and roof (can't wait to see our surfmist roof!!). Week after that (weather permitting of course so I am crossing my fingers for sunny spring days) the brickies should start

And now, as requested, are our internal selections:

Top tile - wall tiles in bathroom
Darker tile on left - floor tile in bathroom (we also have a similar tile running up the ensuite shower wall as a feature tile)
Smaller tile (c-stone) 20mm ice snow bench top with waterfall edges
Left polytec sample - Underbench cupboards kitchen - colour is Moss Grey
Right laminex sample - overhead cupboards kitchen - colour is polar white
Middle tile - polished floor tile (in 600 x 600 size)
Carpet - Victoria cable cord
Kitchen splash back - 300 x 600 polished tile in off white (not in photo)

Hope you all enjoy!
I'm trying to work out how to update the subject section - If anyone can give me a heads up that would be great! TIA
bon
I'm trying to work out how to update the subject section - If anyone can give me a heads up that would be great! TIA

Haha, thats what im trying to figure out too

Steel frame!!! termite area? looks great anyway. Were your site costs crazy being on the side of the hill?
Hi Bricko

Our builder do steel frame as standard. The promo is all about termites but all other builders are still using wood here so

Our site costs were hefty although at this stage I'm more concerned about the landscaping costs! It looks much worse IRL than on paper
Well they will have some issues eating steel

landscaping is going to be a working progress for me i think. costs can really get out of hand here
bicko123
Well they will have some issues eating steel

landscaping is going to be a working progress for me i think. costs can really get out of hand here

HAH

Landscaping is scary
Maybe we could just do a big water slide or flying fox from the alfresco area
Water slide would be awesome. or a big rope swing
Can I vote for the water slide

Looking great Bon and I love your plan.
You going to have a great view too WOW

Where abouts are you ????
Cant wait to see more pics

Cheers Janet
bon

Edit the subject on the very first post.!
Handover tomorrow, yay!!

Jen
Jennie_
Handover tomorrow, yay!!

Jen

Congrats, hope all goes well.
Jennie_
Handover tomorrow, yay!!

Jen

Oh wow!! I missed this. I am having trouble looking at your photos Jen but congrats on the move and good luck with all the unpacking and work to come
Dexterredcat
Can I vote for the water slide

Looking great Bon and I love your plan.
You going to have a great view too WOW

Where abouts are you ????
Cant wait to see more pics

Cheers Janet

Hi Janet

I'll take note of your vote - thanks

I'm in the Hunter. It's starting to warm up and thankfully no rain the last few days.

More pics to come! YAY - they are moving along nice and quick now
woodduck
bon

Edit the subject on the very first post.!

Thanks Steve - I'm about to give it a shot - wish me luck
Hi All

Well we have started bricking and the roof is scheduled to be put up on Wednesday. I am super happy with our colour choices so far so I hope that continues.

I have just transferred all my files to a new computer and can't figure out how to resize photos so sorry but they'll have to wait for another day : (

I hope everyone else is progressing too!
Well ... as promised here are some further progress photos:

7 September - gutter and fascia

9 September - bricking starts

Our bricks are Austral "Brampton" - in the Whitsundays range. I an super happy with how they are turning out!

They have now completed the northern wall, the alfresco area and almost done on the back (east) side. The brickies expect to be finished next week.

Tomorrow (if this rain holds off) we will get our beautiful surfmist roof - fingers crossed!

Bon
Looking great Bon. i like the colour

is the alfresco beam steel too?
bicko123

Keep the pics coming, looks good.

The Alfresco post gets bricked in.
bicko123

What Steve said - all gets bricked in as follows (excuse the dog):

Well today they started our roof and continued on with the bricks
I love my roof. The facade bricks are now well on the way and look great
. The northern and eastern walls are pretty much complete. They also started running the electrical cables. Below are some pics:

Facade

Northern side

Eastern side including roof

Southern side

Alfresco

Northern side showing roof

Anticon blanket

I'm hoping that the roof gets finished tomorrow. Apparently there was an issue with the roofers getting power (electricity) so they came and went before lunch. All the other tradies seem to have brought generators with them so I'm a bit confused? Any ideas?

Really happy with the progress so far!
Related
26/10/2023
Building with Mcdonalds jones home

Building A New House

Hi AKG, We had a base tender of $592 for 31 squares from MC Donald Jones. It looks relatively cheaper than other builders. But I assume there are many hidden things that…

14/07/2023
Painting Multifinish Plaster

Building A New House

Hi, Have used the Dulux 1 step, oil base on my walls(white set), out of can it’s already a more thinner product than a final coat paint Also in water base Water or…

5/03/2024
Painting Acrylic rendered retaining wall

General Discussion

Thanks mate, is there a standard off the shelf type breathable product I can apply DIY? Thanks

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum