Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Crazy_Freddo's build - we have keys!!!

Page 1 of 3
Hi everyone, I have been lurking around for a bit waiting patiently for my build to start so I can share it with everyone. Quick rundown, purchased a block in Dec 09 in Cardinia Lakes Pakenham. Land titled end of June and we had some action start on our site around the 29th July.

My wife and I are building a 25sq 4 bedroom house through a local builder, Vuka Homes. We had our slab poured today, being friday the 13th is this a good thing. Looking forward to seeing it progress quickly. We would love to be in by Christmas, but i'm not holding my breath.

Here are the colours we have choosen so far

Bricks- Austral Homestead Buff
Roof Tiles - Bristile Magnum
Gutters, Windows and Garage Door - Woodand Grey
Fascia - Paperbark

We are heading out tomorrow to choose our tiles and carpets, once I find the colours we have choosen for the kitchen I will put them up

here are some pics so far

Land

House Plans

Pipes and Meter

Slab Prep
Hi crazy_freddo,
Cardinia Lakes is lovely!! Good luck with your build
Yay we have a slab

went out to have a look this afternoon , slab drying nicely and chippy's already done prep work for the frame.

here are some pics of the slab

So we now have a frame, its really moving along now, hopefully get a delivery of trusses, windows and tiles by the end of the week.

Congratulations on your slab and frame!!
Thanks brb_654, hopefully we can get some good weather in the next week so they can get the roof on and maybe start bricking. Which part of Pakenham are you building in?
Hi Crazy_ Freddo,
We're building in Heritage Springs.
Been a bit since I last updated, so where we are at is the frame and roof trusses are up, the outside garage wall has been bricked. Windows are in and plumbing is in. Drove past today to see brickies starting the rest of the house.

Still no roof tiles yet, but im sure that will happen pretty soon. Will upload some more pics when I get home

here is the garage wall finished

here's some more pics of progress so far

Looking at the back of the house

From the front

From the driveway

Looking into the alfresco
Great progress
Looks terrific!!
Well its time to post some more pics now the bricking is finished.

Hopefully they are onsite now putting the guttering on and preparing for the roof tiles. Will look different once the roof is on. Its moving along now, hope we can be in by christmas and the girls can have their own room again and now have to share.
I love your plan! Really like the verandah outside the lounge and the position of the alfresco with the games, kitchen, family area and meals all around it - it's going to look fantastic!
Your bricks look really good, hope you get your gutters this week
looks great
Thanks,

Went past to check on progress earlier, there were some guys there cleaning up all the mess the brickies left, so a nice clean site now to continue progressing along.
Big update since I last posted, we now have our roof completed, with guttering and fascia, the electrical rough in has been done. The bath has been put in, and when I went up there after work to help my brother put in my tv/phone and speaker cabling, what did I find?? Sheets of PLASTER just sitting there waiting. Also the wall insulation was in. So fingers crossed they get moving on installing the plaster tomorrow.

We hope we can be in by christmas. Here is one of te latest pics... will add more soon

So the plasterer's were in yesterday and the ceiling is all done, now hopefully they are moving along quickly with the walls. So glad the roof is finally on so they can work inside evey when its pouring with rain outside.
Great to see you have progress!! You may just make being in by Christmas, fingers crossed for you
Big Update, a lot has happened in the past weeks - Plasterer's finished, Skirting and doors in, and kitchen went in today. Will upload pic later this evening
So everything is moving along fast now, we should hopefully have the painters starting tomorrow hopefully. With everything going smoothly from here we should be in before christmas for sure.

Pics of the outside

Pics of the kitchen

Related
21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

12/11/2023
3m ceilings - how high would you have your kitchen cabinets?

Kitchen Corner

Thanks mate. Yeah good points! Leaning towards Option 3 to get a bit extra space in the cabinets but not going too crazy high (and expensive). Would require a mini…

14/03/2024
Contract Works Insurance - Why your builder should have it

Building A New House

Hi All, I just wanted to close this topic out with an update. So we ended up agreeing to a number with the insurance company, and after an extensive amount of hand…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum