Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

M&J's Build- FINALLY back with more pics page 18

Page 1 of 19
I have enjoyed browsing on Homeone and thought it might be nice to share my building experience with others who can "relate" and won't get sick and tired of hearing how excited I am LOL!

Here are our plans.......

and here is our block of land (a couple of months ago) when the power was first sorted out.....

Our slab was laid right at the end of June. I'm sure most people can relate to how small the slab seems when it first laid.

This is the view of the slab from the front left hand corner. This area in the foreground is basically the children's 'wing' with 4 bedrooms and and an activity room. You can see one of the guys still smoothing everything out. He is standing in what will be our master bedroom

This is the view of the slab from the back corner. The area in the foreground of the photo is a small "games/ multipurpose room"

that is one HUGE house!!! whoaoao!!

is it 6 bedrooms ( 5th bedroom by the laundry?)
how many sq mets is it?

I love how the kids room and activity is at the front near you..but far enough away to not really hear them ( esp as teenagers)
and the back is all for living..whoaoao!

fantastic
well done.
Hi Miss,
Wow, that's a great floor plan!! If you don't mind me asking, who are you building with?
Congratulations on your slab

Cheers Barbs.
Thanks Kiwi! You're right we want the kids to have a separate area but not be too far away. It is actually a 5 bedroom house. The other room past the laundry is actually my husband's "theatre room". It is a bit of a "different" place to put it-isn't it!? Someone actually thought it was an "after thought" but we planned that it would be there. He wanted a space that he could close off and have nice and dark (if using a projector screen) and be tucked away from the main living areas. He didn't want his threatre room to be one of the first places people go past when they walked into our home. He figured that the entertaining will take place in the main part of the house and the theatre room can be our little sanctuary away from guests and kids LOL! I often have friends over in the evening and it is nice to be able to chat and enjoy their company and it means that my husband can still relax in his own little space and have a bit of privacy too. He can pop his pjs on after work and sit in front of the telly. If we're still gasbagging and sipping wine he can head off to bed and slip down the hallway without having to walk through the main living area in his boxer shorts. LOL! There is a sliding door that leads from the hallway near the theatre room to the main living area so he could always come through if he wanted to. It just gives us the option!

Hmm- The main living area itself is just a tad over 350square metres. When you include the garage, porch and alfresco area (which is underneath the main roof) it is about 460 square metres.

Barbs- Thanks for your compliments on our floor plan. We're not in the metro area so although I don't mind mentioning our builder it probably wouldn't be of much help to you-

We're up to bricking stage. I don't have any photos of the brickwork yet but I must sift through some of my framework photos and see if there is anything worth sharing!
good call with the telly room...well thought out.
(cant be having mates mistake him for the pool man!)

your house is HUGGGEEEEOooo
whoaooa. I am not jealous in any way.

seriously it looks amazing and I cant wait to see it finished. I see you put it on the custom thread, well done.

looking forward to the photos.
ps is that red dirt???

what the #^%$^ is that?!!
Yes it is RED dirt. I can assure you that I have not altered my photos in photoshop in anyway! How lucky am I? .........NOT!!!!! LOL!

I'm just sifting through some photos to upload on photobucket so stay tuned LOL!
wow, arent you the lucky one.
I have only seen red dirt in a magazine, also featuring ayres rock!
Do you live near there?

this is our dirt...
oh sorry, NO DIRT, just green grass!
and stone walls like in yorkshire.
Now it is my turn to be jealous! How Picturesque. Grass and plants will eventually grow in my lovely red dirt but it won't look anywhere near as lovely as that view!

Nope- Not near Ayres Rock and not near anything nearly that exciting! LOL!
OK time for some photos of the framework.....

Here is the master bedroom- Just enough space for our king bed with bedside tables on either side. Entrance to walk in robes and ensuite is on the left hand side

This is the entrance into the house from the garage. At the end there will be a built in cupboard. The idea is that things like school bags, school notes, shoes, sporting gear, shopping etc. can all stop here rather than being brought into the main part of the house.

This is the main living area from the kitchen end. The doorway on the right hand side will lead out to the alfresco area

and from the other end looking towards where the kitchen will go

This one is standing in the kids activity room. You can see one of the bedrooms in this image. All 4 kids bedrooms are off this activity room (You can see the entry into one room in the photo. The entry into two of the other rooms is out of the image but up near the entry you can see. The fourth entry is probably close to where I was standing when I took the photo. I hope that makes sense

Ok there are obviously more photos- but that will do for now.....I must get off this computer
Sorry- back with more photos.......

This is the "Theatre room" I probably haven't taken it from the best angle and it is hard to fit everything in sometimes- You can't even see the window on the left handside. You can see a little "nook" in this room and this is where my husband will put the comms cabinet etc so all that kind of stuff is tucked out of view but still easy enough for him to access. On the other side of this room is the small games/ multipurpose room

Laundry

This will be my little space for my papercrafts/ computer/ etc. I wanted a room that was separate to the main living area so that I can close it off if required but I still want to be close to the family.

Hi Miss ~ your plans look amazing and so does your RED dirt ~ wow!

I think this is going to be a pretty special house ~ a bit different to what we normally see. Love it!

Of course, can't wait to see your ~ c o l o u r s e l e c t i o n s ~ too...

Keep those pics coming!

~ cheers, J
Oh colour selections- I didn't think of that! Here are our EXTERNAL colour choices

The brick is fairly plain and 'traditional' but we opted NOT to have a light brick due to all the red dirt we have around

Midland Brick Heritage Red

Roof- Colourbond Woodland grey

Gutters

Colourbond Monument

Fascia and Garage door

Colourbond paperbark

Window frames

Black

Front Double Door Hume- (From the Regency range- with a bevelled flower glass panels)

red dirt and GREEN frame...what is that all about!!???
we have timber colour here,(treated for water only though) maybe you have it treated really well due to termites etc
lots of lovely colours before the bricks even go on!

I LOVE your home (we are building 5 beds too...but we have no $$ so it is only 230 sq mets, so I have decided I want to come and live with you. )

I wondered what that room off the family was, thought it was the theatre originally but is it your craft room then?

your kids are going to have the best house to grow up in, lots of areas to hang out and chill out depending on what they want to do.
you know you will have all the neighbour kids there too...but hey, you will be in your craft room, hubby in his tv room, so who cares!!!
p.s I wanted an aluminium cedar look front door but architect thinks a hume door with the stain glass would look nice
and to bring the stain glass into the bathroom panes too...so am going for a xvp14 and a side panel in lourves maybe?.
http://www.humedoors.co.nz/1873/29964.html

have titania windows, so will do the titania door, which is basically this one on the website. I saw your door when looking in the brochure but liked the black orchid more (and I was having aluminium not wood) ...although on your home I think the wood will rock!!
cant wait to see it, as it will be finished way before mine I can change my mind if it looks way more FABBBOOO!!
Quote:
your kids are going to have the best house to grow up in, lots of areas to hang out and chill out depending on what they want to do.
you know you will have all the neighbour kids there too...but hey, you will be in your craft room, hubby in his tv room, so who cares!!!

Uh Oh! You're on to us! LOL!
Looking good Miss! Will be watching the rest of this one with interest!

And Kiwi-is Miss your new besty?
she has the biggest house, best parties...has to be (dont worry I will sneak you in, you will always be number one)
but you know me, another week another NBF!
Related
21/10/2023
anyone build on zero lot line more than 11 meters? Urgent.

Building A New House

I am building in claymore NSW and this is shown in the building envelope plan. …

5/08/2023
What is the minimum side/back setbacks for small lots?

Building A New House

My land is 260m2 (10m x 26m) located in claymore NSW. Under campbelltown council. I know in general the following setbacks would apply ground floor side setback =…

1/01/2024
Back-flow Prevention Valve ?

Building A New House

Good luck with it. I don't know what the cost of a nice bidet seat with a 25mm air gap will be but you are obviously deducting the cost of a RPZ valve and its…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum