Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Retaining, Paving and Stormwater - Southern Adelaide

Page 1 of 1
Hi all

Advice on who to call for the above.

We have about 26m of retaining wall that needs to be done. From 800mm-1000mm in height.

We have about 60m of perimeter paving including steps front and both sides.

We have a double driveway that needs paving.

We need a quote on our stormwater.

Thanks in advance
www.activestormwater.com they have been used by a few people, quick and prompt replies on quotes and such.

Why you changing builders, sounds all too familiar
For retaining try Southern retaining and earthmoving ph: 8556 7475

They gave us a quote within 24 hours and out of 3 quotes were the cheapest for retaining walls (not sure if they do stormwater though)
Lee75, becareful with that guy. He is cheap but he has done a few walls around the estate here, he got the level of one wall totally wrong. He dug out where it was to go and made it way to high. I think he also used the wrong weight/size sleepers for the height of the wall.

Don't go with RWI they are a rip off.

We used Custom Built retaining walls intially, he did a good job, but was a bit of a rip off.

You should only be being charged about $130 a liner metre, anything more than that and you are being ripped off.

Luckily for me the guy who bought the block next door has decided to do all his own retaining walls (owner builder) We asked him to put in coloured sleepers (normally an extra $2.30 per sleeper) and he didn't charge us anything as we let him use our water and electricity. He was on the high side so had to pay full cost of the retaining wall.

I have a card somewhere here of this guy that of all the ones I have talked to has been the best, let me see if i can find it
Wow Netadelle thanks for that, they were very close in price to another one that quoted for us but the other one took so long to quote, it worries me how long they would take to do the job if quoting takes so long if that makes any sense.

I second your sentiments on RWI too, they were the most expensive for us by over $2k
Related
20/09/2023
Water around stormwater drain and concrete

Paving & Concreting

Grab a hose, insert it at the top of the inlet/down pipe and turn the water on and see where the water is escaping from. Then you'll know.

23/07/2023
Fixing cracked stormwater PVC pipe

General Discussion

Plumbers 'can be' plumbers, made all the worse by self certification which the building surveyor invariably accepts as proof of compliance! The good thing is that you know know.

15/01/2024
Finding materials in stormwater drain

General Discussion

in the stormwater pit or the drain? Those dont look like theyd fit in the drain. Separately, the pits do get stuff in them during the course of the build. For the most…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum