Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Quotation with National Builders Group (NBG)

Page 1 of 1
Has anyone had/paid for a quote with National Builders Group (NBG) and not gone ahead with building?

We would like to hear your experience.

Please PM me if you wish.

Thanks
Jess
Hi,

My cousin paid her initial $1000 holding deposit to National Builders in April.
She then decided not to proceed earlier this month and they refunded the initial $1000 deposit within a week.

In this case while the job had moved to the estimation stage no soil tests had been conducted on the block.
For this reason they got the full $1000 deposit back with no issues.

Michelle
Hi, We were not ready to proceed earlier and received out $1,000 in the mail without asking for it so we had to re-sign as we were over the 3mth period. We had no soil tests done either. If they do the soil tests they will deduct from the $1,000 but the report should be given to you to use with another builder. If you pay the next step of $2,000 even if you dont go ahead they say that once you have signed the $3,000 is non-refundable.
What form of protection is there before handing over a non refundable deposit for a quote? Many builders provide free quotes as part of their service which makes me hesitant to pay a deposit for a firm quote with NBG (ranging 1000-3000). That is, if the quote is un-competitive/on the high side, have I just flushed 1-3k down the drain??
J&S first home
What form of protection is there before handing over a non refundable deposit for a quote? Many builders provide free quotes as part of their service which makes me hesitant to pay a deposit for a firm quote with NBG (ranging 1000-3000). That is, if the quote is un-competitive/on the high side, have I just flushed 1-3k down the drain??

Any builder can provide a free quote on the house, none will provide a free quote on the site costs to build that house. They cannot do so without a contour report and a soil report. The best they could provide is a rough guesstimate based on other soil and contour reports in the area.
Those reports are what costs you the money, but it is not wasted money as you then own them.

I'd be very wary of any builder that tells you they can provide full costs without you getting those reports.
Hi,

With NBG once you pay the $2000 to accept the quotation you move onto the contract stage.

If for some reason you do not proceed to go ahead with the build then the $3000 you have already paid is not refundable. However, the $3000 you have already paid allows you to use the NBG plan you selected and approach another builder to construct the home for you.

Michelle
Related
15/04/2024
Pro finish tiling group

Renovation + Home Improvement

The wallopers will just say it's a civil matter.

10/05/2023
Builders

General Discussion

Look at your bill from the electricity company. It should detail the charges. You will need to do some estimating and some calculations. Then charge the…

15/06/2023
WA Builders

Building A New House

Site works are just about to start on our build with Blueprint in Midvale. viewtopic.php?f=31&t=106894

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum