Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Solution dyed nylon carper or 50/50 wool, any advice?

Page 1 of 1
Solution dyed nylone carper or 50/50 wool, any advice?

thank, Kelly

Building a Reward Home at The Ponds.
We went with a SDN as we were told that with two young kids this would be the most resistant to staining, fading and wear. We did upgrade the underlay to a good one, so probably didn't cost much less than wool in the end.
I have heard that solution dyed nylon is what most people prefer these days.
The price is the same from my builders range.
Are you happy with Solution dyed nylon?

I have a 10 year old son with brain damage so he's more like a 3 year old.
SDN is a good product. Stay away from high % of polypropylene/olefin carpets though, very cheap crap. 80% wool 20% poly would be the only % i would even consider. No carpet is 100% stain resistant no matter how the sales rep tries to tell you otherwise!!! 100% wool is the worst as wool soaks up spills like a sponge...but it does feel great under foot!!
We haven't had the carpet laid yet, so can't tell you what it is like. yet - give me 6 weeks.
Related
12/11/2023
Performance Based Solution

Building A New House

Hi We are building in the Hunter Valley, our soil test is H1, our builder has advised us they need to have a letter signed for Fair Trading as the new drainage standard…

5/12/2023
Hi, I'm looking for a structural solution to stand alone pic

General Discussion

Sorry! I'm new to this forum and have made a mistake in my posting! I'm looking for a structural solution to a stand alone wooden pickets fence with no structural rail…

8/06/2023
Hello to all of you. Any advice please?

Building A New House

A question. Im in Queensland and building a new home. We managed to reach practical completion 6 weeks ago but we haven't heard any date for handover yet. Who should we…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum