Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Carlswil's Statesman Tusmore - front yard pics

Page 2 of 87
Hi carlswil,
Congrats on getting the FHOG extension. Your plans look good too

Just thought I'd let you know that someone recently posted pics of rocksalt cupboards here viewtopic.php?f=16&t=34916
Thanks Grom40. I've had a look at that thread. I'm a little less concerned about my kitchen cupboards now. They look pretty neutral, so I guess I can live with that.
Hi Carlswil - congrats on the FHOG extension. That's great you don't have to wait until October for your slab. Your plan looks great, I love the vulcan stone benches - my cousin has had this in their kitchen but in gloss for 4 years and it still looks great. Many people tried to talk me out of the gloss aswell. In the end the price was getting way too high so I'm only having gloss in the bathroom & ensuite now (pure mineral stone). I still think the vulcan stone looks good in the natural finish. Anyway all of your colours sound nice and I'm looking forward to watching your thread.
Got an email from builder today saying that we've been released to construction. Finally! They said we'll receive a letter next week confirming this.

How long can I expect it to take now, before we see something happen?
Good start on your thread Carlswil. I thought you were a GUY!!
Thats pretty funny-only cos of the Carl part -to come to think of it you sounded pretty caring- oops.. not that the guys on here are not- they ARE- I'd better stop digging a hole. I love your house plan . Congrats on the posting. Luxury bedroom/ retreat.We're having the Settler Grey bricks too- they look warm and "friendly" I think but front will be rendered Paperbark. Have a good weekend.
Carlswil-here's hoping that everything moves along quickly for you and that your build is speedy!
carlswil
Got an email from builder today saying that we've been released to construction. Finally! They said we'll receive a letter next week confirming this.

Hi Carlswil, Congrats on your settlement and being released to construction. Hopefully it wont be a long wait before you see something happening on your block. The time can vary depending on builder and weather. Cheers Barbs.
tiinana2b
Thats pretty funny-only cos of the Carl part -to come to think of it you sounded pretty caring- oops.. not that the guys on here are not- they ARE- I'd better stop digging a hole. I love your house plan . Congrats on the posting. Luxury bedroom/ retreat.We're having the Settler Grey bricks too- they look warm and "friendly" I think but front will be rendered Paperbark. Have a good weekend.

Hi Tiinana2b. Your comments gave me a laugh. No I'm not a guy. I get called Carls alot, which is where part of my member name has come from. We really like the size of our main bedroom/study. I like the settlers grey bricks, but not too many people on here seem to use them. Austral bricks have given me a list of addresses which have used these bricks, so I can go check them out. How's things going with your build? When are you likely to start?
Deemaree
Carlswil-here's hoping that everything moves along quickly for you and that your build is speedy!

Thanks Deemaree. We're hoping it goes quickly, but reading other people's stories on here, I'm not holding out too much hope.
brb_654
carlswil

Hi Carlswil, Congrats on your settlement and being released to construction. Hopefully it wont be a long wait before you see something happening on your block. The time can vary depending on builder and weather. Cheers Barbs.

Thanks Barbs. We got our FHOG extension until 4th October. I'm now concerned that they'll drag their feet cos they don't have to have the slab done until then. So far they haven't seemed in too much of a hurry to get things done.
carlswil
tiinana2b

Hi Tiinana2b. Your comments gave me a laugh. No I'm not a guy. I get called Carls alot, which is where part of my member name has come from. We really like the size of our main bedroom/study. I like the settlers grey bricks, but not too many people on here seem to use them. Austral bricks have given me a list of addresses which have used these bricks, so I can go check them out. How's things going with your build? When are you likely to start?

Hey GIRLfriend!-Kidding. That was nice of Austral to give you those addresses. If theres any around Marion area could you pm me? I liked their "showroom" on Sth Rd I think it was. I walked out with a "sample bag" with 2 bricks in them!!! So heavy. I thought it was funny to give out samples- they're sittin' in my fam room with the tile samples gathering dust.

Re our build- If you did'nt know, we are knocking down our house and subdividing and building 2 semi-detached villas joined at the garage- one to sell to pay for ours.We are waiting for council to approve the build and then the sub-div. but its coming up to 5 months when people are being charged 5K extra so ...sigh. Can't start packing cos theres always the possibility it won't go through. Unlikely but we're in limbo like a lot of others.We're with Statesman (Hickinbotham). You are too arent you- sorry I loose track.
Yep we're with Statesman too. The waiting is definately fun, not. We were lucky that we bought our land off Statesman, so the delays that we experienced in land subdivision and settlement were there fault. So far they haven't tried to hit us with a price increase.

I'll pm you a couple of addresses. I went to that showroom and got samples too. I must have looked a real sight struggling down south road with my box of bricks (only 3, but they felt heavy).
Hey carlswil,

Congratulations on getting released to construction! You should have your slab within four weeks so you will see things happening soon! You must be so excited.

V
Thanks All the Sand. I'm really excited now, but getting more and more impatient. I just want it started.
Hi Carlswil,
Congrats on settlement & your FHOG extension. Really good idea how you combined the bedroom and study together! I hope your build goes well!
Thanks Flagstaff. We tossed around a few ideas about what to do with the rooms at the back. I'm sure it could have been done better, but I think we'll be happy with it.
Hi Carlswill - Great house plan! I have been through the display home...infact I have been through most of them...lol! I love the study at the front of Bed 1.

I hope your slab goes down soon.
Thanks Sorrento. I like the study in bedroom 1, just makes the room feel spacious. I reckon I've seen a majority of the display homes in SA. I love looking at new houses and getting ideas.
Builder advised today that weather permitting, our footings will be poured on 7/8. That's only 2 weeks from being released to construction. I'm so excited. Can't wait to see it start.
Us either!
Related
24/01/2024
Bore in front yard

Landscape & Garden Design

there should be ss cable so you can pull up bore pump for service

28/04/2024
Need some front yard ideas!

Landscape & Garden Design

Hi all, Need some ideas for my front yard. There are a few elements where the landscaping needs to take into account: There is a slight slope forward with steps going to…

22/11/2023
where to place yard gullies?

Building A New House

can someone with more experience give me their insight? land is pretty much flat its pretty much at the top of a hill. left and right neighbours are flat in line with my…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum