Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

New Build - Gemmill Homes - Nevada

Page 3 of 3
Hello again. I am now officially the worst person on the forum for updating photos. You guys are going to have to trust me when I say our place went to Lock-up on 14/10/2010, the cabinet maker is installing the kitchen and cabinets this week, toilets have been plumbed in and the painting and tiling commences next week.
The Grano in the garage has been poured and looks great.
Our site supervisor changed about a month ago, but the build process hasn't missed a beat so we are still impressed with Gemmill and their efficency. Our neighbour (who is building the same house) now has a slab down and bricks delivered so I am hoping their build can go as quickly and smoothly as our has. We only have one progress payment to go, so we are hoping to get into the house as quickly as possible and would love this to be before christmas, but it is going to be very tight.

We picked out tiles and carpet last weekend and found that Craft Decor seemed to be able to offer the exact same tiles as other tile shops for considerably less and the guys at Carpet Shack in Myree have been fantastic and have been extremely competative with their price.
Last thing to organise is soakwells and painting. And then to hassle Gemmill for that Mythical BBQ as a handover gift!
good news indeed Starlight!!!! Our place hasnt changed sinc my last post, a few weeks ago. I was informed yesterday our plasterer will only be starting today. I havent even asked what the delay was, but about 2 1/2 weeks watching nothing happen at this stage is pretty frustrating to say the least!!!!
Good news though- it sounds like its full steam ahead! Whats the intended completion date- do you have it yet?
I finally got the pictures uploaded. There is a heap from all different stages of the build over the last month or so. http://www.flickr.com/photos/52532357@N06/?saved=1
Looking good Starlight! I love your big alfresco
http://img259.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=18082010009.jpg

Well we too have hit lockup- about a week ago. Windows in, doors in, cartepter in doing what carpenters do and a tiling meeting this monday so some recent progress. I will try to find out Monday when they expect to look at practical completion, but I reckon if its Mid Jan I should be happy with that given the xmas break etc.

Have attached a link to a mish mash of a few photos, all mixed and in no real apparent order. At least its taknig shape!
We are just about there. We have a PCI tomorrow, hopefully our building inspector doesn't find anything that is going to hold up us moving in, but we won't be compromising on any poor quality.
We have had an issue with our front doors. One of them was hung lower than then other, so instead of replacing it or hanging it correctly the carpenters have simply shaved off some of the bottom of the door. It now looks worse than it originally did. I have good faith in Gemmill and anticipate they will replace it. If that is not the case I will be sure to let you guys know.
Other than this everything looks pretty good. The render looks great, the kitchen and bathrooms look great and we are happy with all the modifications we made.
First thing will be to put up a fence. Has anyone errected a colourbond fence on limestone walls before?
How did your PCI go Starlight? Did they fix your door? That's just ridiculous that they try & get away with stuff like that! Any pics for us?
Related
10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

10/04/2024
Build experience - Trend Connection Homes

Building A New House

How has your experience been like so far?

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum