Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

How wide are your towel rails??

Page 1 of 1
We are meant to be getting 600mm wide ones but after measuring the ones we have in this house and the width of our towels, these will be too small (towels are 670mm wide)

I just e-mailed my builder to see if we could change and she said to take into consideration that the noggins are already there.

I think this weird that my builder would put in 600mm wide towel rails when they won't even fit a normal sized towel without scrunching!!

What size are yours?
ours are 900mm, though I think 600mm is quite standard, but I agree not wide enough!

we got ours ourselves and installed them after handover, and we didn;t get any extra noggins/studs put in for them. the studs happened to be 300mm apart so the 900mm one fit nicely over 3 studs, perhaps yours will be the same?
No noggins here either. We have one 900 and one 600 which was all I could fit in DS's bathroom, I just fold them in half to fit.
I'm not sure but they fit a bath towel comfortably width ways.
All ok- panicking over nothing! just called SS (should have done that first) and he said they will put in the biggest which will fit the area and the noggins aren't a big deal!

600 is ok in our ensuite coz I can just fold 2 in half like Suh does but in the kids I need to fit 3 on there for each kid!!
The towel rail can be wider than the noggins so long as the bits which connect the rail to the wall are 600mm apart (if that makes sense!). I recently bought 2 rails from Aldi which are 700mm long for $20- bargain
Related
20/01/2024
swivel bar towel holder

Bathrooms and Laundry

Please suggest a solid quality swivel bar towel holder in bathrooms & bedrooms from…

21/03/2024
Heated vertical towel rail at the end of a walk-in shower

Bathrooms and Laundry

Electrical just got back to me and said the most they can provide is a single power point on the Bedroom 1 side of that wall. After handover, your towel rail installer…

4/09/2023
Wide floor plan volume/semi-custom

Building A New House

Hi, Seeking volume or semi-custom builder in victoria(east), which have existing double story wide floor plans. Seeking 18-20m wide homes with depth of 12-15m long. Or…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum