Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

per metre costs to build your house

Page 1 of 1
Probably a funny question but I'm wondering what per metre rate your house ended up costing and just wondering what you got for that and whether you were happy with the builder and end product. There is such variation in price and i'm thinking of going with a local builder where the cost will be likely around the $1000 mark per square metre.

thanks all.
Go with a local builder for sure usually you'll have a better relationship with the builder as to building with a big builder and smaller builders most of the time are much more flexible with changes.
Our total finished cost is a tad under $900sqm. The total build size being 385sqms.

The quality is good
GSK
Our total finished cost is a tad under $900sqm. The total build size being 385sqms.

The quality is good

Ours is about the same for 268.6sqm. Includes things like ducted refrig air con, all floor coverings, caesarstone benches throughout.
Related
25/02/2024
Staged payment request BUT work not done as per contract

Building A New House

1) I had requested R6 ceiling insualtion batts, however I noticed that on some areas there are huge gaps which will allow hot air to sweep in, and also noticed black/grey…

21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

16/08/2023
Container house Build - Queensland

Building A New House

Did you ask the Architect

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum