Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

IS ANY ONE OR HAS ANY ONE BUILT WITH DREAMSTART HOMES?

Page 1 of 1
I'm woundering if any one has anything to say about Dreamstart Homes???????????
Hi there. We ALMOST went with them but as they didn't build at the rear block we couldn't
Sales rep didn't know that the company doesn't build at the rear block so we went ahead with plans and everything, I got quotes for lots of stuff, he did a great job...then it turned out they don't ...what a shame.
But definitely a very good experience. I obviously can't recommend on the quality of builds as I didn't build with them, but the quotes for all the upgrades I had was so far the best I've ever come across..I'm talking out of more than 10 builders they were the most reasonable guys ever.
For example, high ceiling through out the whole house including all the rooms, they gave me a quote of $3500 whereas i'm building with redink and just to raise livingroom area and hallway is over 5k....
so def worth a shot
If I build an investment house I'd go with them...
Thanks for that Saemiseon,
I looked a Redink and found there designs weren't to bad, but the costs where much more for the changes I've madeas aposed to Dreamstart.
Yep that's exactly right. Redink isn't cheap but with redink, you can change the whole design around to your exact taste at no cost at all.
my block is a funny shaped one and couldn't really fit any standard design dreamstart homes had
If i were to build an investment home or so then I'll def go with them.
sales rep are not too bad either..except for one person...which I can't up on here
you can PM me I'll tell you the story haha
Just got my plans back from Dreamstart and not that impressed. After telling me that 7k would be more than enought for site works they want me to add additional retaining wall. (it's only a little bit) but that's besides the point. Since I began talking to them they've had a copy of the site survey that HBC had done for me. They've actually said this is to be done at owners cost.
I can't believe that it wasn't picked up when they where drawing up the prelim plans.

Also after telling them several times how i wanted my garage to be they've changed it( sales rep excuss is that it saves you $1500 and it's easier this way(what the F##K. Then he goes and changes it from the plan I signed when I signed prelim contract. It's only 180MM difference but hey it's my F###ing house ,build it to what I want not what you want.
Then when I have a go at sales rep he says I'm being mean and I thought we had a good relationship(once again what the F##K!!) It's a buisness deal not a friend ship. After having such a good experience up to now I'm going to keep on with Dreamstart and see if they can fix this new problem.

It's almost like this is a little racket for Building companies to give you a price at first sign up but then once you've signed up they give you a list of costs they've left out or just come across. I think Goverment should do more to regulate these snakes.
Related
15/04/2024
AllCastle Homes has anyone built in 2023

Building A New House

Hi we are looking to talk to people who have built with them recently. We have signed mid range built contract but identified that a lot of things are not included.…

21/11/2023
Has anyone built a home with Masterpiece Builders?

Building A New House

Hi All, we are starting to think of building with Masterpiece Builders in Victoria, has anyone had any feedback or experience with them

16/07/2023
Aluminium awning window seal has popped out in one corner

Windows & Doors

Thanks mate, this helped a lot. Managed to get it back in.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum