Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

SunshineT's Build: Garden pics

Page 139 of 222
Love your granite, T!
It's such an art....

What door handle you're going to have, T?
The door looks really solid & heavy...
Hi T
The door color looks natural and warm feel.
As everyone says I can't fault on the color and no reason why they should match 100%.
I think picking the garage door you liked the most...is prob a better idea, cos that WILL be seen, unlike the door.
no one will see the door as they drive / walk by..but the garage door. A BIG SHOW PIECE.

and that had to match the dark weird green/ grey some resort colour and I think it does really well. But I havent seen it in real life, and it does look chestnutty in a pic.
qiuenella thing..thats the theme isnt it? and I think an orange garage door..wouldnt match the qiuennellla, like it matches this lamp

so what I am saying is..I like it dark. and then door a bit different.. more character that way
"qiuennellla" love it!!!
nina marie
"qiuennellla" love it!!!

Me too! DH wouldn't agree to "Casa de Qualia" but I might just suggest this...
kiwi

and that had to match the dark weird green/ grey some resort colour and I think it does really well.
so what I am saying is..I like it dark. and then door a bit different.. more character that way

That would be Dulux Swampy
And thanks... (I think!
)
Apue
As everyone says I can't fault on the color and no reason why they should match 100%.

Thanks Apue
willcres
What door handle you're going to have, T?

Still no idea willcres... Our tender has a long bar handle, but wondering now about the lock situation...
jodge
Wow T!!!! She's a beauty! Looks especially nice, accentuated by the pile of crap.

Are you kidding with the WD40? Did the door man suggest that? Wow! I never would've believed it. Personally I think I'd oil it rather than applying a varnish, as I think it'll look more natural. . .

Yeah, nothing like a good pile of rubbish to show off something
WD40 is oil, isn't it? We got some today, so will check it out... DH rang the carpenter man in Toormina who made the door, and he said just use 3 coats of WD40... Builder was supposed to do it but it will take a few days or weeks at least, so we are going to treat the door ourselves. No-one loves your house as much as you do, as they say...
gogo65
Door looks good, you must be happy

Thanks gogo, yep, very happy with door. Once the oil or whatever it is goes on it will darken in colour anyway...
rocketship
Nice T. The colours in your door look fantastic. It certainly is a gorgeous door!! Well Done.

Thanks RS! That is a huge compliment coming from the courageous style queen herself!! I will be interested to see what door handle you choose ... as I read you are having a bar handle too. Are you have a tri-lock as well? Deadbolt? Our door will be partially obscured by a screen, so wondering whether there is any point in a fancy bar handle if a more secure option would be the tri-lock...
So... last minute panic and help needed for the bathroom niche tile... I had thought I would do it plain white (like the tile of most the wall), but today seeing the grey tiles up on the shower area I was thinking maybe that was a bit too plain...
Wondering whether I should do a sparkly feature tile in while or silver or something.

Here is a photo (taking 5pm tonight so a bit dark)...

Opinions please!! Use same white tile (which will be surrounded by the grey) or something that pops a bit more????
You could leave it plain but I'd do a mosaic tile that has both the white n grey in it with a bit of glass and bling in it too.
Go to diLo at norwest coz they have heaps to choose from.
I'd go for a black-grey-white glass mosaic tile. But i would go for something other than the grey tile. The white tile would also go well too.
Vess
You could leave it plain but I'd do a mosaic tile that has both the white n grey in it with a bit of glass and bling in it too.

Thanks Vess, yeah that was the kind of thing I was thinking of... rather than mosaic though I was wondering whether you could get whole tiles in a silvery glass???? Will have a look tomorrow... Does the mosaics gets lots of grot in between them I wonder?

Pete_n_Pet
I'd go for a black-grey-white glass mosaic tile. The white tile would also go well too.

Thanks Peta - I hadn't thought about black in there too... I was just looking at the other thread on niche tiles and there was a very snazzy looking black, grey white one in there... was that what you were thinking?
I think more Greys in the mosaic would be good so it stand out but not too much.

(what does the post-it say??)
I have to say I agree a mosiac in black-grey-white would be nice....you can't avoid grout with mosiacs though so maybe a small glass splashback panel in a metallic colour????
you've got me thinking.... you are lucky with yours colours you could do just about anything in there!!
SunshineT
I will be interested to see what door handle you choose ... as I read you are having a bar handle too. Are you have a tri-lock as well? Deadbolt? Our door will be partially obscured by a screen, so wondering whether there is any point in a fancy bar handle if a more secure option would be the tri-lock...
A 1200mm pull handle T, the door has a deadbolt on it already and actually I hadn't really considered the placement of the handle until I held it up on the door the other day and realised that I am going to have to put the handle further from the edge than I would've liked so that I can get my hand in to unlock the door. Although, honestly, like most people with internal access from the garage we will hardly ever unlock it from the outside!!!
Actually T, if you don't like the idea of heaps of grout then maybe the feature tile we have might look good!!!???

We have black and white where you have grey and white but might be nice, not sure... just a thought
It is a black tile but has the textured lines through it so it has a bit a shine to it.
nina marie
(what does the post-it say??)

Oh - you noticed that? ha ha, it says "Please wait! Might bring a feature tile not [chinese character for white] tile". (I speak / write Japanese, and the tilers are chinese so they have written the colour characters on all the walls which I can read. I tried speaking with them yesterday after we got them some pork dumplings and coke and it was really hard, I said a few things in Chinese, but was too embarrassed to say much more!].

rocketship
you've got me thinking.... you are lucky with yours colours you could do just about anything in there!!
realised that I am going to have to put the handle further from the edge than I would've liked so that I can get my hand in to unlock the door.

Thanks RS - if you come up with any other suggestions let me know - I am deciding tomorrow. I was thinking of you today and wondering how brave I could be with colour in there (my first thought was green), but thinking a silver / white glass might be the go..... As for the door, yeah, it is the placement of the lock and using keys etc. that I wast thinking about too...
Look forward to seeing your handle on!
T, what are the dimensions of the niche?
Some mosaics are not squares or rectangles but long strips with very little space between so not much grout at all. Random lengths and widths.
Be brave and don't go plain.
rocketship
Actually T, if you don't like the idea of heaps of grout then maybe the feature tile we have might look good!!!???

We have black and white where you have grey and white but might be nice, not sure... just a thought
It is a black tile but has the textured lines through it so it has a bit a shine to it.

oh oh oh!! That is just the sort of thing I was wondering about!! thank you! Do you know if it comes in white or silver rather than black? But maybe I should think about black too... A few people have mentioned it...
As for the mosaics and grout, I realised when I wrote grot people might have thought I misspelt grout! What I meant was, does it get dirty a lot with the mosaics, I have a fear of mould and stuff (also I confess I am a terrible cleaner...
). But back to your feature tile, where did you get it from do you mind I ask? I know you are in Vic, but maybe there will be the same franchise here.... Getting excited!!!
Have a look at DecoGlaze website. They do patterned glass which you could get a piece for the niche. Now THAT would be original
Vess
T, what are the dimensions of the niche?
Some mosaics are not squares or rectangles but long strips with very little space between so not much grout at all. Random lengths and widths.
Be brave and don't go plain.

600x300mm. Long strips sound like a goer too, yeah, not so keen on all the grot and grout.
As for being brave - yes, that is what I want to do!! I have been umming and aaahing about it for weeks, then when I saw it today I thought it definitely needed something. And seeing Rocketship's stuff recently has given me a little perk of courage.

Funny, I took my friend there this afternoon (she is building around the corner). Her style is much more traditional... she was saying to keep to the plain white. When she saw our granite tiles in the ensuite she said "oh wow, crazy tiles!" which I took as a compliment until I started thinking about it later...
We have done some rather unconventional things with our house. (I also realised looking at other photos tonight that most people change the tile in the corner of the room or shower, not where the actual shower glass meets the wall as we have done. Oh well, our bathrooms will definitely be, um, unique!).
Each to their own ay... I love that we all have different styles. My mosaics are getting done on Wednesday. I can't wait!
oh Vess! I love the Decoglaze stuff. I would have loved a glass bathroom. (We are having glass splashback in the kitchen - maybe green if I am brave enough). Seeing this pic below almost makes me brave enough to do a splash of colour in the bathroom....

Vess
Have a look at DecoGlaze website. They do patterned glass which you could get a piece for the niche. Now THAT would be original
Oh yeah!!! Now your talking!!! Patterned glass would look amazing!!!!!

The feature I used is from Southern Cross tiles, unfortunately, only in black or a taupe kind of shade
http://www.southerncrossceramics.com/Folio_6.html
Related
1/03/2024
Native garden plans

Landscape & Garden Design

Fig Landscapes has produced an e-book and native plant index, available for purchase from their website. It's a great resource, full of inspiration and tips. Another…

27/03/2024
Vertical Garden Kitchen splash back design

General Discussion

Our Bondi Greenwall was impressive from day one with advanced lush plants to provide a wow factor to this recently renovated living area. The boundary was less than 1…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum