Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

SunshineT's Build: Garden pics

Page 123 of 222
Hey T,
Your main pendant light is nearly the same as the one I loved,that one is at baulkham hills, correct? We saw that there, I really liked it. I have a photo somewhere of the one i loved , it is so similar, cant find it in photobucket
but at $1200, we decided to try and save a little.

So have you got pictures of tiles?
And do you have an idea of if they were included or upgrades?
gogo - your pendant sounds like a swish version of this one. The one in the pic is $995, but I am going to get the smaller version for $450. If you find a pic though, please do post it.

Pictures of tiles... can you believe, no I don't!
nina asked the same thing and I was too annoyed at myself so I hadn't replied to her yet either... I know, I know, wasn't thinking.
As for upgrade or not, like you, all a bit vague, but pretty certain all the ones we picked were standard. They definitely weren't in the flash category... although I would like to know ASAP if they are!!
I agree about wanting to know ASAP, as I have said before, the front portico tiles I choose, I have no idea how much they were, but I have a feeling they were a little expensive, if it meant I would save some money I would choose another, stil no idea
SunshineT
Deemaree

Potupay
Hey T is that Cosmo lighting at Baulkham hills? We were there this afternoon too

Great lighting choices! Love the brown ball shaped one

Yes! That is the shop. It has everything we want pretty much, so will try to get it all from there (except maybe a few fluoros from Bunnings). Too bad we missed you at Danny's - yeah, he is a super relaxed guy. Very Zen
I wonder who the family was who came after us? Danny had 4 Zen appointments today. Please do post your tile selections up on your thread... Um, what is the smart waste?????

Not sure who the 4th group was....

I dont know what we were doing but we didnt get a copy of the tile selection :-[ maybe we can email Danny

Smart waste is the drain that has a tile in the middle rather than a grate it looks part of floor ...it's more seemless...otherwise they may have to break up tile to fit round grate especially if tile is larger size
I'll see if I can find a picture & post it
Well Danny was professional when he did our tile selection, he took our plans that we tookand just wrote on them and pointed to different things then colour coded it with highlighters, that was it

No chance of getting a copy of that!
Fab lights T!! Dont go too small on that void one though, your void looks quite large? Will it line up with the middle window? Hard to tell where the stairs will be at the mo.
And I can't believe you didnt get pics of your tile selections
I know - I am kicking myself too for not taking photos, especially now as I am trying to remember what it all looked like. Lots of grey though.

Potupay - Smart waste - still don't get it, so yes please do post pics!

Nina - my MIL said same thing about not going too small. Thing is, I don't want to pay $1000 for a pendant. Going out there today so will ask if they can get the smaller one in so I can have a look.

Potupay / Gogo - Danny is very Zen, very laid back with paperwork
I took our plans (which I had already colour coded) and a list of tiles we needed to select. We wrote on the plans then I asked him to photo copy them (he has a photocopier in his office). I said I wanted to type up the tile selections list and we were going to email him, but then we popped back in the afternoon as I wanted to check that glazed internal tile (still not 100% even though DH loves it), so before we went back I typed up the list. DH also did some 3D computer drawings of the walls etc. so we could indicate which tile where. Gave it all to him and got him to photocopy it.

Dilemma - having minor double guessing about our bathroom/laundry niche. We are having soft grey tiles on floor and shower walls, the rest white. The vanity is white and the stone top is near white (White Swirl). So I was wondering if that was all getting a bit cold / bland and was thinking maybe I could buy a nice feature tile for the niche???? Currently we have the niche as being just white (with the soft grey tile wall around it). Very clean, but wondering if it is too boring?????
I see a paper cut out pendant coming up!

I dont think cold or bland, but personally would probably keep the niche the same colour as the shower walls if you have different colour bathroom walls. But that's just me. How much of a contrast is there between the soft grey and the white - how soft is soft?!!
nina marie
I see a paper cut out pendant coming up!

Excellent reminder! Yes, I think I will indeed need to do this... (although the big one would have to be dramatically better than the smaller one to justify paying twice the amount...)
nina marie
I dont think cold or bland, but personally would probably keep the niche the same colour as the shower walls if you have different colour bathroom walls. But that's just me. How much of a contrast is there between the soft grey and the white - how soft is soft?!!

Very interesting, MIL said exactly the same thing this morning too
And MIL has an eye for these things as do you ... Soft? Gentle grey but definitely a contrast. damn, should have taken photos. Might see if I can pop back today (as I do want to check out any feature tile).

This 3D drawing below might make more sense.

This is the bathroom corner with the shower and bath. The shading is a little confusing, but essentially the floor and shower walls will be the same soft grey. The other walls and around the bath will be white. I was thinking of white in the shower niche... or maybe a nice shiny feature tile? nina, seeing this drawing do you still think same grey on the shower walls as the niche?

Others?
ST: here is a link to the tile wastes. Looks quite smart I think. This is what we are having in our build. http://www.iplex.com.au/iplex.php?page=lib&lib=18&sec=119
SunshineT
View from the kitchen

No words needed

Loving how your home is looking, makes me want to go through the process again
T, I don't think you need to worry about the drain as you are having the long grate drains aren't you? Do you have two floor waste drains on your bathroom floor?
Two of our bathrooms only have the long grate drain the other two have the smart drain and grate drain, just double check if you need them.

In regards to your pendant how big is it?
I agree it could be too small dependent on size.

As for niche, in our ensuite we kept it the same in the other two we used contrasting but that was against white tiles. Get a sample and take it to a few tile shops and see if there is a mosaic in the same grey tones, that way you could add interest without it standing out. We had to supply our own mosaics, so if you wanted one you can pretty much pick from anywhere!
I will send a photo of our smart waste to DH's phone if you want I'm at the house now!
You could go for 3 smaller pendant lights in the stairwell . I like Tim Whiteman's protea pendant lights and they would look stunning in your open stairwell.
Not sure that 3 pendant lights would be along the eco friendly lines T was after...
Deemaree
Not sure that 3 pendant lights would be along the eco friendly lines T was after...

Use low wattage bulbs?

Ah well, there 's an idea for someone else.
I don't think we are getting floorwaste in the bathrooms as we have overflow on the sinks and baths, unless I misunderstood the builder? We will get one in the laundry because of the washing mashine (in case it ever leaks).
I thought of that after I posted!
Wow T ... what can I say ... loooking splendiforous
Your poor brain must be worn out with all these choices ....
Yes as GoGo said a mosaic in the same grey tones would be nice in the niche (love how your beige mosaic niche came out GoGo, and really like the tiles in the mosaic, different shapes and sizes).
Related
1/03/2024
Native garden plans

Landscape & Garden Design

Fig Landscapes has produced an e-book and native plant index, available for purchase from their website. It's a great resource, full of inspiration and tips. Another…

27/03/2024
Vertical Garden Kitchen splash back design

General Discussion

Our Bondi Greenwall was impressive from day one with advanced lush plants to provide a wow factor to this recently renovated living area. The boundary was less than 1…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum